NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Heck no. That's Tyrell. 

Becoming clearer that at Clemson Deshaun Watson made him, not the other way around.

While I am not ready to proclaim Mike WIlliams the WR2 on the Chargers, I would offer that you should watch the tape again.

Both Watson and Williams were tremendous in college... Watson was a great QB throwing to a great WR.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Winky said:

While I am not ready to proclaim Mike WIlliams the WR2 on the Chargers, I would offer that you should watch the tape again.

Both Watson and Williams were tremendous in college... Watson was a great QB throwing to a great WR.

And without this so-called great WR in 2015, Watson threw for more than 4100 yards with a 35/13 TD-INT ratio, a 68% completion percentage and put up 40 on Alabama (405 passing, 4 TDs, 73 rushing) in the title game.

Williams was just along for the ride, in the same manner that Manziel was carried by Mike Evans when it took the media 2 NFL seasons to figure out the truth. 

• Haha 1

Not arguing that Waton wasn't great, just suggesting Williams is much better than you are crediting...

Williams also came back from a fairly significant neck injury and he was dominant.

He's frickin' good... along for the ride... jeez

Digging in where you don't need to... 

Edited by Winky
2 minutes ago, Winky said:

Not arguing that Waton wasn't great, just suggesting Williams is much better than you are crediting...

Williams also came back from a fairly significant neck injury... so, yeah, he's frickin' good... along for the ride... jeez

Digging in where you don't need to... 

Just being consistent. I've said he's way overrated for years.

I said a couple years ago after tyrell beast season he should've held out and demanded a trade. 

That season was a perfect storm of injuries, opportunity, playing from behind, and having solid QB play. 

He'll never replicate that season on the chargers without that same perfect storm happening. I fully expect Mike to be the Williams to take over as the 2nd fantasy relevant WR. 

I'm still unsure as to what to expect from him, but I'm willing to spend a high pick in the 170s or whatever it is to find out (assuming my other "high flyers" aren't still available ahead of him) 

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Williams was just along for the ride, in the same manner that Manziel was carried by Mike Evans when it took the media 2 NFL seasons to figure out the truth. 

Kinda like how Tyrell Williams was along for the ride when no other receivers were healthy and Rivers was throwing to him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Anyone watch the chargers preseason game and know how mike will played/ if at all?

He looked decent. He's a big dude and had 1 nice catch I saw. 

C Jones is not very good though and a lot of what he was throwing was really inaccurate.

Rivers wasn't playing and I didn't see Allen on the field either.  I'd put this game as a nothing to see here for Mike's Outlook. When rivers and Allen play we might get a better idea. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Brye said:

If DJ Moore avaiable add or draft him b4 this guy

they going to use Moore a hell of a lot this year and he’s very dangerous with the ball in his hands

Lol maybe post this in the dj thread

but yes, Moore almost always goes a couple rounds before mike will

• tonycpsu changed the title to Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

Reasons I Like Mike:

- The Charges lost 96 targets with Antonio Gates (52) no longer on the roster and Hunter Henry (62) out for the season. Those two also combined for 7 TDs.

- When you spend the #7 pick on someone they'll get every chance and benefit of the doubt and by all accounts Williams has had a great training camp.

- Keenan Allen has missed 23 out of 48 games over the last three years.

- He's pretty much free right now.

- He can do things like this... 

gLgteWz.gif

• Like 3

My Concept right now is to try to get as many high upside WRs as possible on my bench, I have dj Moore, Calvin Ridley, and thinking about picking up mike will off waivers Simone’s dropped him or maybe pick up John Ross I’m trying to figure which one

2 hours ago, Brye said:

My Concept right now is to try to get as many high upside WRs as possible on my bench, I have dj Moore, Calvin Ridley, and thinking about picking up mike will off waivers Simone’s dropped him or maybe pick up John Ross I’m trying to figure which one

Rivers > Dalton

Williams will be his #2 receiver this year behind Allen, and possibly his first look in the redzone on an offense that's going to score a lot.

Williams has the potential to put up a lot of touchdowns this year.  With the Chargers losing Gates and Henry, I expect Williams to be used and targeted a lot in the red zone.  Gates and Henry combined for 23 of the 55 looks given to WR and TE in the red zone for them last year.  Even with his injuries, Williams still got 4 looks in the red zone while Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin had a combined 3 looks.  If he's healthy all year, there's a  chance we see double digit touchdowns from him.

1 hour ago, Born Sinner said:

Recency bias anyone? If you sleep on Mike Williams, you’re going to hate yourself for it. You’re letting an injured rookie season stop you from spending possibly a 12th round pick on a potential WR1.

Love this hype...just makes the better Williams (Tyrell) cheaper to acquire.

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Love this hype...just makes the better Williams (Tyrell) cheaper to acquire.

it doesnt matter who is percieved as better , what matters is who rivers distributes the targets to after Keenan.

Jury is still out for me on which one will be fantasy relevant