NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

35 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

He caught 5 of 6 targets so he was pretty reliable today

But they all came during comeback mode in the 4th qtr. I watched the game on and off for the first three quarters and saw guys like Benjamin, Tyrell, Allen, Eckler, and Gordon get a steady diet of targets but not him. Does anyone know why, the Chargers decided to finally go to him in the 4th? Was it the awful drops by Benjamin and Tyrell? Hopefully, it's permanent.

Even so, there are just so many guys on this team. I'm not sure about M Will unless he has officially passed Benjamin and Tyrell on the depth chart

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

But they all came during comeback mode in the 4th qtr. I watched the game on and off for the first three quarters and saw guys like Benjamin, Tyrell, Allen, Eckler, and Gordon get a steady diet of targets but not him. Does anyone know why, the Chargers decided to finally go to him in the 4th? Was it the awful drops by Benjamin and Tyrell? Hopefully, it's permanent.

Even so, there are just so many guys on this team. I'm not sure about M Will unless he has officially passed Benjamin and Tyrell on the depth chart

It looked to me like they were going to him in the 4th because he was making plays with his opportunities, while Tyrell and Benjamin were atrocious with their opportunities. The RBs will always get their targets in this offense but I think Williams will be the clear #2 WR moving forward.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mvttchew said:

iirc Benjamin and tyrell were the ones dropping would be TD passes. 

Tyrell's was a gift TD and Benjamin's was under thrown but still dropped, in stride easy TD as it was he likely would have been tackled.

I didn’t get to watch the game but from everything I’ve read M. Williams should overtake the number 2 WR spot in LAC soon.  T. Williams and Benjamin both had bad drops and just didn’t look as good as Mike.  It could be a couple more weeks until he really takes over but his time is coming this season.  A strong hold for me.  

• Like 1
On 9/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, nonstopfan said:

well considering that he actually caught the ball, and Tyrell and Benjamin both dropped a bunch of passes, i'd say the arrow is moving up for MWilliams.  it wasn't going to happen starting in week 1, but i see him gradually gaining targets and by mid season he should be a startable weekly player as a lower end WR

15 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Great opportunity for MWil but I worry this game could be over by halftime and the starters get pulled early.

LACs making the looooong cross country trek for the early game, with no return in sight for Bosa ... yeah, Buffalo is horrible, but don't expect a cakewalk here.   not calling for the Bison upset, but i'll gladly take the points. 

this will not be over by halftime, MWilly gotta step up.  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Cord said:

You guys think MWil has more value that, say, Tedd Ginn ROS? First game was impressive given his snap count.

I would say he does. Only played like ~50% of the snaps last week but was still productive and Tyrell and Benjamin were both awful. His snap count and target share were probably going to go up anyway but with Benjamin out that's even more certain. Plus, don't forget, he's one Keenan Allen injury away from being the guy on that team.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, nonstopfan said:

Actually Williams had a couple 1st half targets. I’m pretty sure he had a target play nullified by penalty too. He’s emerging as the #2, it’s only a matter of time but it won’t be long. This could be the last chance to get him cheap

Edited by lvsaint429

I'm starting him this week (3 Starting WR league), Benjamin is out, chargers D is banged up which should allow Buffalo to at least stay in it late, T. White will be covering Keenan Allen along with safety help i would imagine. Williams is going to get the 1 on 1's, I believe this week will tell us a lot if this guy can perform as the #2.

Edited by Breesus
1 hour ago, Resident A-hole said:

CBS laughably projects him for 4pts this week. Thankfully, that kept him off peoples' radars & I was able to nab him as a FA after waivers ran.

I really like Mike, but not for another week or 2. 

that is a fair projection, he isn't starting opposite Allen, he is still clearly sharing time with Benjamin.  so you really can't project a ton of targets for him.