NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2018 Outlook

For me, he's to the point where he's the next man dropped if there is a decent WW pickup or when I get to bye weeks.

I hate to do it.   Especially in the league where I have Allen.     But that's where I'm at.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly tried clicking on Chapter One 

It’s hard for me to understand anything you wrote, but I believe we are both fans of mike Williams this week and going forward.

Free Willy!!

Posted Images

Trying to hold him for later in the season. I think it’s inevitable that he takes over a starting spot.  Might have to drop for a week 5 Defense if nothing special happens by then. Of course he’ll blow up if I drop him then I’ll have to spend FAAB to reacquire!

2 hours ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Continues?  He needs to start.  He disappeared last week and only was used toward the end of the game prior.  I think we need a few injuries before he's startable.  That said, I'm definitely hanging on to him. 

This is a fair point. He's getting a lot of hype for a guy who is averaging 4 targets a game. On the upside, at least he does something with those targets (Jamison Crowder has the same number, I believe, and little to show for it).

I really wanted to hold this guy because he's very talented, but his volume of snaps forced me to trade him once my injuries piled up at other positions and bench space became a premium. I got Jared Cook for those curious. 

He started off being involved in the first drive of the game, scoring a TD.  The Chargers were sorta blowing them out by half time and the whole offense played  conservatively and they could not sustain any drives.  Even Melvin Gordon who started off hot did basically nothing in the 2nd half.  Hope it was the game script that kept him not involved in the game and he gets more targets/looks.

Still a hold for me. He was one of those guys that has a 4 week probationary period on my roster. 

I almost started him this week in standard but went Enunwah. 

I still see him as a guy that could reach 1000 yards and 8-9 tds. 

Edited by Tenner

For those of you worried about MWill, you should know that Rivers takes a lot of time to develop trust with wide receivers. In Keenan Allen's rookie year, it took both Danario Alexander and Floyd getting hurt for Allen to start getting reps with the first team. And even then after Allen losted a cpuple 100 yard games Rivers was still talking about how Allen its important for Allen to keep proving he can play at a high level. My guess is that he is taking a similar approach towarss Mike Williams, which means two things:

1) Barring injury, MWill be put into a starting role for one good game (or equivalently for one bad game by other playwrs)

2) If MWill can continue to prove himself in the snaps that he DOES get, then those will increase on a weekly basis. 

I really think that MWill is the second best receiver on the offense, plus he seems to be an important piece in the redzone. If you believe that, then I think he worth holding on to at this point because that would mean we're through the worst of it in terms of usage. And while Allen/Gordon/Ekeler are the golden children of this offense, there's still room for a guy like MWill to shine. Remeber all those years when Rivers was posting MVP-caliber stats and the Chargers had a top 5 offense? That was done throwing to big-bodied, jump ball receivers like Floyd and VJax. MWill fills that void

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Do we have a breakout in the making?

Hopefully he gets more targets. He is so explosive. He should be one of Rivers top reads every time.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Somehow I ended up dropping him and then picking him back up after he cleared waivers today.  Phew! What can we expect going forward? I don’t like his target share.  I wish he was consistently getting 7-9 targets a game. 

He’s earning trust, targets probably start going up I would think. 

Even more than finding his way back into the endzone, the best thing about today's game was that Rivers threw a deep ball to MWill on 4th down against one of the best defenses in the league. If that doesn't signal River's confidence going forward, then I don't know what would. He's also clearly a target in the redzone

• Like 3

I like him in standard but most weeks Allen and Gordon are going to soak up more targets so this guy will have to rely on deep balls and RZ TDs since he doesn't strike me as much of a YAC guy. I think he has clearly separated himself from Tyrell as the #2 WR though. Comparing him to the other young receivers with big games today (Ridley and Boyd) I like him the least. Boyd as a slot guy will see more higher % targets and thus likely more catches and he is a more dangerous runner while Ridley is just a superior WR talent and athlete. 

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

I think the debate over who the best Williams on the Chargers has finally been settled.  This guy makes his targets count!

Honestly I would even argue Williams is a better fantasy asset than Allen