NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robby Anderson 2018 Outlook

Iron-cock

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I feel like this same thing happened last year. He had a nice stretch of games and then disappears. I agree if Darnold shows some signs of improvement he could be good. I think he will have a late round ADP (6-8) which could be appealing. But he is still on the Jets which makes me nervous. 

It is the jets and that’s always an issue however Darnold looks legitimate and that’s something they haven’t had in a long time.  They have a lot of money to blow next year too so I’d def be intrigued if they added a Leveon bell or top flight offensive piece which I think they will.  I def see the development in him though in terms of the routes.  He was always boom or bust because he needed that 60 yard bomb to connect to have a chance at a good game. Plus darnold targets him a bit more than last year with the targets being of higher quality than Mccown. The more I think about it this guy can be had at a reasonable price And has a chance to be a nice Wr2 for you with upside 

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

It is the jets and that’s always an issue however Darnold looks legitimate and that’s something they haven’t had in a long time.  They have a lot of money to blow next year too so I’d def be intrigued if they added a Leveon bell or top flight offensive piece which I think they will.  I def see the development in him though in terms of the routes.  He was always boom or bust because he needed that 60 yard bomb to connect to have a chance at a good game. Plus darnold targets him a bit more than last year with the targets being of higher quality than Mccown. The more I think about it this guy can be had at a reasonable price And has a chance to be a nice Wr2 for you with upside 

The good news is that I don't think there's really a top-flight WR available via free agency, so the Jets could still spend all their money on Bell and I don't think it would have a huge impact on Anderson.

Eventually, the Jets are going to need to upgrade their WR corps, but with them having another high pick this year, I think its more likely they invest in either the offensive or defensive lines.

Archived