NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robby Anderson 2018 Outlook

Iron-cock

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Anyone plugging him in? I liked him last year, he proved that he has some skills; just a shame regarding the offseason incidents. We will see how this one pans out.

I'm gonna roll him out, not sure how long I'll be able to use him and his upside in the WR3 spot is too much let sit on the bench IMO (while he's available). 

19 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Anyone plugging him in? I liked him last year, he proved that he has some skills; just a shame regarding the offseason incidents. We will see how this one pans out.

Jets fan here. I think Enunwa is the guy in the WR you want to own; Robby has not looked great in preseason (although apparently he had a good camp). First game with a rookie QB on the road... game plan is probably gonna be conservative.

I am, but only in my deep dynasty where my pickings are slim. Bench wr’s being Enunwa, Richardson, and Alshon. In my redrafts I am not. I think that I want to see how it plays out. I wonder if Enunwa might be in a pitch count getting eased back into full contact though. I am not risking it in the 3 redrafts that I own him. This will almost certainly burn me, but that is the way the cookie crumbles.

3 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

Jets fan here. I think Enunwa is the guy in the WR you want to own; Robby has not looked great in preseason (although apparently he had a good camp). First game with a rookie QB on the road... game plan is probably gonna be conservative.

Darnold throws a great deep ball. I’m sure they will take some shots with Anderson. 

1 hour ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

I'm rolling with R. Anderson this week.  I don't feel all that confident though with D. slay.  I wonder if Slay will cover one WR the whole game or does he only play one side of the field only.

On the CBS podcast they insinuated he shadows top wr's and brought up that he had the 6th lowest qb rating on passes his way. Question to me is if Anderson is worthy of being shadowed? I have 1 share and after I heard the CBS podcast I was sitting Anderson at all costs but I don't have a easy replacement so am considering going with Anderson. That team faced Freeman and Elliot Thursday so has some cushion too.

Played him tonight at flex and the bomb helped me out. 1 catch is very very worrisome to say the least lol. 

Probably benching him till further notice. 

2nd half was such a blowout that I don't even know what to take away from this other than he was still getting open down field. 

Still can't help but think he can put up big numbers in games they are playing from behind. Could still see him ending being a Djax big play dependent type. Can hit a home run on any given play. 

Enunwa looked good tonight. 

On 9/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, RoboFroogs said:

This is looking spot on. They played very conservative. He still managed to land to the big one. I still don't think the Jets will be very good. Stafford was atrocious and I have a hard time believing their defense is as good as they looked. Got a pretty decent schedule early on though, so idk. That deep ball looked nice. Hope they go for more of them going forward.

Darnold looked locked into Enunwa almost to a fault since Anderson was running free a few times. He did finally find him though. I don't think Jets will play this well and the opposing team will play this bad very often so they'll likely have to be more aggressive in the future which should benefit Anderson. Can't expect last years numbers but he should be a boom bust WR3. 

So in a PPR, Enunwa is number one? Sure seems that way. It's silly because in real life Enunwa is nowhere near as talented, but in fantasy I might drop Robby for Quincy. Is that crazy? Robby wont catch a TD most weeks, that's for sure, and it looks like its going to be a check down to Enunwa show based on this game

3 hours ago, zorndogs said:

So in a PPR, Enunwa is number one? Sure seems that way. It's silly because in real life Enunwa is nowhere near as talented, but in fantasy I might drop Robby for Quincy. Is that crazy? Robby wont catch a TD most weeks, that's for sure, and it looks like its going to be a check down to Enunwa show based on this game

It is kinda a mess cause Kearse is expected back this week too and I think Enunwa is/was technically behind him on the depth chart. Enunwa definitely looked like Darnold's favorite target though and its not like Kearse is significantly better than him or really even the same style receiver. Enunwa likely won't see 48% of the targets in the future but Darnold will probably have to throw more than 21 times going forward. Additionally, Jets probably won't be playing with a lead very often which should cause Darnold to throw down the field to Anderson and Kearse instead of short dink and dunks to Enunwa. It is a pretty volatile situation but I would have Enunwa ahead of Anderson in PPR right now. He put together a pretty good season in 2016 before the neck injury that kept him out last year and he looked like him old self especially on that highlight TD. 

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Kind of crowded in the wr group for NY. I totally forgot about Kearse. Luckily they dont have a capable tight end,

Kearse would regulate Pryor back to the bench and as a sub.  I don't think this affects Enunwa as he is locked into the slot WR role.

8 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Yeah, I'm sure you're gonna find people without internet these days.

It's important to know who you play with and knowing your league. You can always try to exploit the typical player who doesn't make a lot of research, you can exploit people who wants to have players for the team they support... There are people that only check the scored points and nothing else beyond that.

Archived