Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

01.21.2018 - AFC Championship - Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I swear some safeties are coached to knock out key players for a team with helmet-to-helmet hits. I'm no Patriots fan and in fact I hate them. But that was blatant. Same thing happened with Kelce in the Tenn game.

 

With the way the concussion protocol is and the scrutiny on it teams can't afford to skirt it any more. Gronk probably done for the game even if he can come back and play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

I swear some safeties are coached to knock out key players for a team with helmet-to-helmet hits. I'm no Patriots fan and in fact I hate them. But that was blatant. Same thing happened with Kelce in the Tenn game.

 

With the way the concussion protocol is and the scrutiny on it teams can't afford to skirt it any more. Gronk probably done for the game even if he can come back and play.

You are right That was a deliberate hit.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, devaster said:

I swear some safeties are coached to knock out key players for a team with helmet-to-helmet hits. I'm no Patriots fan and in fact I hate them. But that was blatant. Same thing happened with Kelce in the Tenn game.

 

With the way the concussion protocol is and the scrutiny on it teams can't afford to skirt it any more. Gronk probably done for the game even if he can come back and play.

 

 

there was nothing blatant about that helmet to helmet, dude was targeting where he thought the ball would be. Gronk is so massive he was literally falling  on top of the db when he was hit. you are analyzing in slow motion replay and when these guy are playing they are in full motion speed

Edited by dashoe
Link to post
Share on other sites

Conference Championship

Patriots - 27

Jaguars - 20

I think this is going to be a good game. Jags are going to come out strong, with Fournette scoring early, and the defense is going to keep Brady in check. Jags lead 13-7 at half. But Brady and Belichick are going to do what they do and adapt. They figure it out and come out on top 27-20.


I'd say my first half prediction was pretty close. Hopefully I'm right about the second half as well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

I swear some safeties are coached to knock out key players for a team with helmet-to-helmet hits. I'm no Patriots fan and in fact I hate them. But that was blatant. Same thing happened with Kelce in the Tenn game.

 

With the way the concussion protocol is and the scrutiny on it teams can't afford to skirt it any more. Gronk probably done for the game even if he can come back and play.

 

Barry Church is a vet, when he was growing up that’s how football was played before all this concussion stuff. 

 

In todays NFL you cant do that but this is The biggest game of his career and he’s just going on instinct trying to make a play, nothing dirty about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Oh quick let’s throw a bunch of flags, we can’t have the pats down 14-3 at halftime

That pass interference call was indefensible. It's not like it was close. You can't call a 40 yard (or whatever it was) penalty on that play. That call could have easily changed who wins this game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

 

Barry Church is a vet, when he was growing up that’s how football was played before all this concussion stuff. 

 

In todays NFL you cant do that but this is The biggest game of his career and he’s just going on instinct trying to make a play, nothing dirty about it.

it also wasnt as egregious as Romo and Nance made it out to be. those 2 are just covering for the league. Noticed how quick they were to bring up concussion protocol 

Edited by Chippa
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

That pass interference call was indefensible. It's not like it was close. You can't call a 40 yard (or whatever it was) penalty on that play. That call could have easily changed who wins this game. 

 

1. It was pretty clear.

 

2. Hogan no call was way worse.

 

3. Gronk hit wasn't dirty. I'd rather see that than going for his knees.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

1. It was pretty clear.

 

2. Hogan no call was way worse.

 

3. Gronk hit wasn't dirty. I'd rather see that than going for his knees.

 

 

Pretty clear PI? Really? Didn't look remotely close to me. I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch, because I didn't see the CB do anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ajs723 said:

Pretty clear PI? Really? Didn't look remotely close to me. I guess I'll have to go back and rewatch, because I didn't see the CB do anything. 

it wasnt clear. that guy is just a pats fan. notice the boston celtics player on his profile picture

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...