• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, devaster said:

He "is" Blaine Gabbert.

Yeah, okay man.  Bortles' rookie year is the only year worse than Gabbert's best year.  Bortles had the same year as Derek Carr, but he is unworthy to be in the playoffs somehow.

Bortles is basically Dalton as far as career thus far, yet people act like he is a 3rd stringer.  Guy did decent this year.  The media just wants to keep the narrative going that he blows, because they were so big dog-piling on him saying he sucked after last year and did it all summer and the preseason.

Just now, ColoWrex said:

I didn't know that. Pretty dumb rule.  If I was a player, and I thought I got my bell rung, I would stay down and grab my leg.  That way teammates would help me to the bench.  Kind of crazy, that wobbly means anything.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

I mean, you can't ride a guy out of bounds. How was it not PI?

it was perfect coverage, and the ball was un-catchable. Why am I arguing with a homer? I need to reevaluate myself

8 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

He rode / forced him out of bounds.  Not an outrageous PI by any means, but I don't think it was a horrible call either.

Your job as a corner is to drive the guy out of bounds. The contact happens on every play and Cooks basically ran himself out of bounds. The last replay showed more contact by Cooks than Bouye. Just a bad call.

People acting like he grabbed him and physically pushed him out of bounds. He used his body and positioning like you're coached to.

Just now, Sternes said:

Yeah, okay man.  Bortles' rookie year is the only year worse than Gabbert's best year.  Bortles had the same year as Derek Carr, but he is unworthy to be in the playoffs somehow.

Bortles is basically Dalton as far as career thus far, yet people act like he is a 3rd stringer.  Guy did decent this year.  The media just wants to keep the narrative going that he blows, because they were so big dog-piling on him saying he sucked after last year and did it all summer and the preseason.

I think it doesn't help that it was pretty public he almost lost the QB preseason battle with Henne. At this point Bortles jokes are more for the joke themselves than the validity, just look how much the Good Place piles on him

Just now, Sternes said:

I didn't know that. Pretty dumb rule.  If I was a player, and I thought I got my bell rung, I would stay down and grab my leg.  That way teammates would help me to the bench.  Kind of crazy, that wobbly means anything.

The hard part with that is if you did get your bell rung would you have the where with all to grab your leg. 

3 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

The hard part with that is if you did get your bell rung would you have the where with all to grab your leg. 

Oh agreed.  The wobbly bit overriding even if cleared is the part that stunned me.

11 minutes ago, Pray4Surf said:

Have the Pats been flagged for anything today?  

Jaguars have 5 penalties for 62 yards 

Pats have 1 for 10 yards

I don't remember that 1 penalty so maybe the score keeper just added that one in there to keep the suspicion down. 

Edited by Cdub2k