Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook


theSPANKER

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Nope. He's a TE. 

 

His best shot at relevance is with IND. But he'll have to humble himself to go there.

 

Why is being a TE a handicap in the race for most receiving TDs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was a good player for the Cowboys, I wish him well.  This is probably one of those no-win situations for the team.  If he stays, he is overpaid and maybe not a great use of resources or fit for the offense, if you waive him, he gets motivated and has chip on shoulder and maybe plays better than he would have for you.   My guess is the Cowboys draft someone in the 1st or 2nd round and start to take a more balanced approach without having to worry about "feeding" someone.  Not sure it will work, but we shall see.  I think Romo the last couple years did a good job of throwing those backshoulder fades and other balls to Dez in the 50-50 range and let him make a play where a young QB like Dak still needs to see someone more "open" than what those likely appeared to be.  

 

Last year was one of those weird years where it seemed Dez had a really bad combo going on:

* Sometimes was doubled, team/QB were not going his way

* There were protection issues with the line and Smith going out, probably lots of missed opps to go down field because not enough time

* Unfortunately also times when there was time, he was open and dropped the ball OR a bad pass 

* Chunk play called back

 

I think he still has some game left, but Im fine with it at that price.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

"Seems dumb with Adams there and would suck for fantasy purposes."

 

Is Allison or Clark ready and/or capable of starting? Nelson's gone, Janis, & Cobb, as mentioned elsewhere, seems to be regressing. The several mock drafts I've looked at don't have the Packers placing much of an emphasis at WR. I think they will, especially if they don't add a vet. Either way, I think Cobb is the next overpaid rec'r to get released, perhaps a pay cut. I'm only considering how that the offense is structured and attacks defenses and the guys on their roster. Likely wrong but I think they add a featured WR & a slot guy.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

 

Is Allison or Clark ready and/or capable of starting? Nelson's gone, Janis, & Cobb, as mentioned elsewhere, seems to be regressing. The several mock drafts I've looked at don't have the Packers placing much of an emphasis at WR. I think they will, especially if they don't add a vet. Either way, I think Cobb is the next overpaid rec'r to get released, perhaps a pay cut. I'm only considering how that the offense is structured and attacks defenses and the guys on their roster. Likely wrong but I think they add a featured WR & a slot guy.   

 

I didn't mean they don't need WR help, just that they have a big end zone target in Adams. Adding Dez seems redundant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

 

Is Allison or Clark ready and/or capable of starting? Nelson's gone, Janis, & Cobb, as mentioned elsewhere, seems to be regressing. The several mock drafts I've looked at don't have the Packers placing much of an emphasis at WR. I think they will, especially if they don't add a vet. Either way, I think Cobb is the next overpaid rec'r to get released, perhaps a pay cut. I'm only considering how that the offense is structured and attacks defenses and the guys on their roster. Likely wrong but I think they add a featured WR & a slot guy.   

 

maybe just maybe GB decides to let Capt Rodgers to rest his arm implement a dominant ground game, the same ground game mcarthy has said every year he wants to have, so no need for a bunch of wr's?

Maybe? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

maybe just maybe GB decides to let Capt Rodgers to rest his arm implement a dominant ground game, the same ground game mcarthy has said every year he wants to have, so no need for a bunch of wr's?

Maybe? :lol:

 

They need Fat Eddie back ASAP

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Dez would fit in brilliantly with GB. He doesn't need to separate in order to score 10+ TD's. Bryant needs a QB who will throw it to him when he's covered and Rodgers would do that. 

 

Agree, Green Bay would be a nice landing spot for him. They have a stud QB and a veteran locker room. I could definitely see that. No matter where he goes he's only getting a 1 year deal, very low risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dez Bryant “Being in the division is a huge possibility it’s something that I want. It’s personal. I’m tired of being the scapegoat and I’m going to keep proving that on and off the field” 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Not sure if this is a hot take, but is it possible injuries have caught up to him and he just isn't that good anymore?

 

Agree. But I do believe he can still be of value to a veteran team. One with a good QB and strong veteran locker room. Perhaps Greenbay or Seattle. He needs to know his new role. He's no longer a 15mil a year franchise WR. He's now relegated to a red zone target or slot receiver. He slowwww as anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, South Carolina said:

 

Agree. But I do believe he can still be of value to a veteran team. One with a good QB and strong veteran locker room. Perhaps Greenbay or Seattle. He needs to know his new role. He's no longer a 15mil a year franchise WR. He's now relegated to a red zone target or slot receiver. He slowwww as anything.

 

I guess I meant more  for fantasy purposes.

 

I feel like his name will drive his ADP higher than it should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I didn't mean they don't need WR help, just that they have a big end zone target in Adams. Adding Dez seems redundant. 

 

They need to spend any spare money they have on that defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I guess I meant more  for fantasy purposes.

 

I feel like his name will drive his ADP higher than it should be.

 

My bad. Your right. His fantasy value is very low right now. Perhaps so low it may be worth taking a shot at him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My vote is the Raiders, Bears, Bills, or Baltimore.

 

Dez would make all these teams better.  He’s worth 6 million + incentives to be a teams #2 receiver... 

 

I don’t think Dez’s attitude would be a good fit in GB, and Seattle is trying to change their culture.

 

Cam needs another body to throw to also...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Not sure if this is a hot take, but is it possible injuries have caught up to him and he just isn't that good anymore?

 

That's been the standard take for two years now?

 

I'd like to see how he does in a different set of circumstances.  I haven't drafted him for awhile, but if his ADP is low enough and the situation is right I would.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

 

Agree. But I do believe he can still be of value to a veteran team. One with a good QB and strong veteran locker room. Perhaps Greenbay or Seattle. He needs to know his new role. He's no longer a 15mil a year franchise WR. He's now relegated to a red zone target or slot receiver. He slowwww as anything.

 

He's 29, not 39.

 

His regression came when injured and the ball was passed to Dak and he lost a QB that could throw an effective down field pass. 

 

Depending on landing spot, I expect a huge bounce back from Dez. 

 

Hope he doesn't go to the redskins though, that would be real dumb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

He's 29, not 39.

 

His regression came when injured and the ball was passed to Dak and he lost a QB that could throw an effective down field pass. 

 

Depending on landing spot, I expect a huge bounce back from Dez. 

 

Hope he doesn't go to the redskins though, that would be real dumb. 

That's underselling Dak.  Dak isn't Romo and had plenty of misses on his own, but he was giving Dez plenty of balls that fit what Romo described Dez liking. Dez just dropped them.  Was a big case of both players not coming together.  Question is was it because Dez lost a step, or for some other reason that can be fixed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook
  • dzemens locked this topic
  • dzemens unlocked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...