NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook

theSPANKER

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Houston needs a speed receiver to stretch safeties and allow others to work underneath and prevent stacking the box.  That isn't Dez.  I would be surprised if he was signed in Houston.  There's been no real rumors of such either.

naw....with the scrambling and running ability of watson, keke can be the field stretcher, and dez could work the center of the field with hopkins drawing all the doubles. it could be a great fit?

14 minutes ago, herschel said:

There hasn’t been any positive “momentum” with Dez for 4 years....

I can't really combat that statement. All I can say is that I still think Dez can be a solid possession receiver for a contender. Apparently GM's don't want the baggage that comes with acquiring him. Dez should have accepted that Cleveland Browns opportunity. 

32 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Is Dez now worth a pickup?

In a game Brees threw for 346/4, players not named Kamera/ingram, thomas, and smith there were 6 available catches to split between TE and WR insert name here.  5 of those 6 were to the TE. He's not worth a flyer.

Flyers are flyers. Funny how everyone left AP for dead. There’s a chance Dez has a little something left in the tank with fresh legs and one of the best passing offenses in the NFL. There are plenty of low end trash WR’s that are owned in fantasy that I’d never start unless my team was decimated. I’d rather take a flyer that Dez could find magic for a half season over some hopeless never start WR5. That is IF Dez was signed. At 29/30 he’s still younger than a lot of productive guys.  He’d only ever been halfway decent with Dak, but really the drop off was likely due to health and more likely the loss of Romo.  I’d pick him up as a speculative add if I had someone who I have no plans to start anytime soon.  

Archived