Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook


theSPANKER

Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2018 at 2:23 PM, South Carolina said:

 

That running game & O-line covered up a ton of his mistakes. I'm not sure what Dak is yet. He's been very inconsistent at best, especially when he lost his RB and needed to make plays. He just couldn't do it. Right now I'd have to say he's very average but can definitely improve on that.

 

When Dez is your best WR, you don't have an adequate WR corps for your QB. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

I would make fun of you - but Kevin White ends up on my team every year 

 

And I know he will again ... “Julio-lite” I say

 

Every.

Single.

Season.

 

He only scored 3 fewer TDs than Julio last year...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 5:30 PM, theSPANKER said:

This is going exactly as I anticipated (previous post):

 

Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz stated matter-of-factly that he anticipates the Cowboys will release Dez Bryant after the draft.

"The Cowboys will cut Dez Bryant, after the draft, but make no mistake -- they will cut him," Schultz tweeted Tuesday. As of two weeks ago, the Cowboys had reportedly yet to approach Bryant about taking a pay cut from the scheduled $12.5 million salary he's scheduled to earn in 2018. But on Monday, EVP Stephen Jones said a talk with Bryant "still needs" to happen. The Cowboys recently added Allen Hurns and are apparently open to taking a receiver early in next month's draft. Bryant carries a $16.5 million cap number, and Dallas can clear $12.5 million by making him a post-June 1 cut. The 29-year-old would not struggle to find a new team.
 

 

I think Schultz is on the right track here but took it a little too far.

 

I think Dallas will demand Dez takes a pay cut, not a restructure, a base salary  pay cut for 2018.  If he says no they'll cut him. 

 

They are boxing him in.   Free agency is basically over and teams have spent their money.   The draft is going to happen so teams will have also filled holes there as well.   They are creating a scenario where it may become difficult for Dez to find another opportunity at the $$$ he wants and needs. 

 

I can see them drastically reducing his base and offering him incentives to get that money back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 96mnc said:

 

I think Schultz is on the right track here but took it a little too far.

 

I think Dallas will demand Dez takes a pay cut, not a restructure, a base salary  pay cut for 2018.  If he says no they'll cut him. 

 

They are boxing him in.   Free agency is basically over and teams have spent their money.   The draft is going to happen so teams will have also filled holes there as well.   They are creating a scenario where it may become difficult for Dez to find another opportunity at the $$$ he wants and needs. 

 

I can see them drastically reducing his base and offering him incentives to get that money back. 

 

Theyll offer him a pay cut and he'll accept. It will still be more than he's goimg to get elsewhere. His value is plummeting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 8:31 AM, psygolf said:

30+ wrs better than Dez...lol, ok.

NFC East: OBJ, Alshon Jeffrey (2)

NFC South: Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Mike Evans (3,5)

NFC North: Adam Thielen, Stephon Diggs, Devante Adams, Golden Tate, Allen Robinson (5, 10)

NFC West: Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald (2, 12)

AFC East: Julian Edelman (1, 13)

AFC South: Deandre Hopkins, TY Hilton (2, 15)

AFC North: Antonio Brown, JuJu, AJ Green, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Michael Crabtree (6, 21)

AFC West: Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen (5, 26)

 

That's 26 guys, and that doesn't include guys like Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Keelan Cole, Sammy Watkins, DeDe Westbrook, Marvin Jones, or younger guys with the chops to be better like Corey Davis, or Mike Williams. 

 

Dez has declined, and I think he's more of the problem in their relationship than Dak's regression this year.  I'm not going to say flat out that he won't get back to being a reliable contested catch grabber, but I'm not going to give him credit for it until I see it.  Without that, I don't think he's a top 30 WR, as much as I hate to agree with Joshua about something negative about my Cowboys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jbshaw said:

NFC East: OBJ, Alshon Jeffrey (2)

NFC South: Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, Mike Evans (3,5)

NFC North: Adam Thielen, Stephon Diggs, Devante Adams, Golden Tate, Allen Robinson (5, 10)

NFC West: Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald (2, 12)

AFC East: Julian Edelman (1, 13)

AFC South: Deandre Hopkins, TY Hilton (2, 15)

AFC North: Antonio Brown, JuJu, AJ Green, Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Michael Crabtree (6, 21)

AFC West: Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Tyreek Hill, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen (5, 26)

 

That's 26 guys, and that doesn't include guys like Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Keelan Cole, Sammy Watkins, DeDe Westbrook, Marvin Jones, or younger guys with the chops to be better like Corey Davis, or Mike Williams. 

 

Dez has declined, and I think he's more of the problem in their relationship than Dak's regression this year.  I'm not going to say flat out that he won't get back to being a reliable contested catch grabber, but I'm not going to give him credit for it until I see it.  Without that, I don't think he's a top 30 WR, as much as I hate to agree with Joshua about something negative about my Cowboys.

list is making me laugh out loud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, psygolf said:

list is making me laugh out loud.

What about it?  Edelman's the only one I feel particularly generous listing.  Dez has fallen hard.  For all the shade thrown Dak's way, I blame Dez more for that connection's failures.  I know Dak doesn't always put it exactly where Dez wants it, but even when he did, Dez wasn't capable of catching it.  Throw in he couldn't get open to save his life, and he's not a guy I'd want to bank on.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jbshaw said:

What about it?  Edelman's the only one I feel particularly generous listing.  Dez has fallen hard.  For all the shade thrown Dak's way, I blame Dez more for that connection's failures.  I know Dak doesn't always put it exactly where Dez wants it, but even when he did, Dez wasn't capable of catching it.  Throw in he couldn't get open to save his life, and he's not a guy I'd want to bank on.  

 

This has been true from the beginning. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'd like to be wrong more often...it just doesn't turn out that way for me.

 

One is better than zero. 

 

Speaking of zero, how many more top-20 seasons do people think Dez has left?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

One is better than zero. 

 

Speaking of zero, how many more top-20 seasons do people think Dez has left?

 

 

I think he can still be productive. Just not a WR1 like he once was. I drafted him last year and I barely played him. Maybe as a bye week fill in but that's all. He's a WR3 at best anymore. To answer your question there's no way he's a top 20 receiver this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, South Carolina said:

 

I think he can still be productive. Just not a WR1 like he once was. I drafted him last year and I barely played him. Maybe as a bye week fill in but that's all. He's a WR3 at best anymore. To answer your question there's no way he's a top 20 receiver this year.

He was #23 last year.  He may move up a few spots, but somewhere around #20 is reasonable (projected #24 in PPR).

 

The biggest problem with Dez is he lacks upside.  All the WR’s #20-25 have more upside.  

 

Someone not paying attention to Dez’s fantasy point trajectory will draft him to soon, it won’t be me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

One is better than zero. 

 

Speaking of zero, how many more top-20 seasons do people think Dez has left?

 

I guess now that your boy has left the comfort of Rodgers, you're back to hating on 30 yr old wrs-?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I guess now that your boy has left the comfort of Rodgers, you're back to hating on 30 yr old wrs-?

 

Dez is a different breed. All that he has is his size. He slow as a crippled turtle & has hands of stone. And last time I checked you don't get faster with age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, psygolf said:

I guess now that your boy has left the comfort of Rodgers, you're back to hating on 30 yr old wrs-?

 

I've always opposed Dez ever since he held Dallas hostage to get that contract before the 2015 season. He's been overrated for years, and the masses have finally caught up with my assessment of him. 

 

He is a glorified TE. Nothing more. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

I've always opposed Dez ever since he held Dallas hostage to get that contract before the 2015 season. He's been overrated for years, and the masses have finally caught up with my assessment of him. 

 

He is a glorified TE. Nothing more. 

 

 

He really is. He needs to be in the slot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been bad for two years now. It's a shame, he used to be dominant.

 

Way overpaid and likely to get released soon.

 

Especially if they can grab a WR early in the draft. Good spot for Calvin Ridley to land.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

 

I've always opposed Dez ever since he held Dallas hostage to get that contract before the 2015 season. He's been overrated for years, and the masses have finally caught up with my assessment of him. 

 

He is a glorified TE. Nothing more. 

 

TE1

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Dez Bryant 2018 Outlook
  • dzemens locked this topic
  • dzemens unlocked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...