Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordon "Jo" Adell - OF LAA


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Promoted to Triple-A  

So, one month in A+, mashes his way to AA for a week and then, what, starting LF right after the All Star Break?   or has Soto ruined my prospect expectations?

4 hours ago, burty1 said:

Does a potential Ohtani injury increase the likelihood of a call up?

Nope. For one thing Ohtani may still be able to DH if he can't pitch (and frankly given the short season they should just scrap his pitching until the off-season as it's clear he needs a lot more work and is not helping the team win games on the mound). Taking his bat out of the lineup several times a week right now seems counterproductive. Second, Goodwin is working out fine in RF so far, they should get Trout back tonight and they have Upton in LF. There's no need right now for the team to start Adell's service time clock when Adell still has plate approach issues to work on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dark One said:

Nope. For one thing Ohtani may still be able to DH if he can't pitch (and frankly given the short season they should just scrap his pitching until the off-season as it's clear he needs a lot more work and is not helping the team win games on the mound). Taking his bat out of the lineup several times a week right now seems counterproductive. Second, Goodwin is working out fine in RF so far, they should get Trout back tonight and they have Upton in LF. There's no need right now for the team to start Adell's service time clock when Adell still has plate approach issues to work on.

👀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 9 months later...

Could this be a 2nd chance for Adell? Just saw Upton get into the rough collision in the OF. Left the game immediately! There running out of bodies in the OF! Maybe time for Adell who has been doing pretty good in Triple A!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, avatoot said:

Could this be a 2nd chance for Adell? Just saw Upton get into the rough collision in the OF. Left the game immediately! There running out of bodies in the OF! Maybe time for Adell who has been doing pretty good in Triple A!

Hopefully not. He’s hitting homers which is great.. but the Ks are a major issue. That combined with his terrible defense still mean he isn’t ready. As an Angels fan I sure hope he stays down majority of the season. They don’t need to rush him and ruin him because their non playoff team is beat up

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny there was a point in time some, not many, but some, thought he should be ahead of Franco as a prospect. As an aside, Wander has a 9/11 BB/K ratio in AAA as a 20 year old and Adell has a 6/36 as a 22 year old with some MLB seasoning already under him. This guy has bust written all over him, his plate discipline is horrendous. Looks like a Brandon Wood clone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, killa3312 said:

This guy has bust written all over him, his plate discipline is horrendous.

Absolutely. 

A guy with that kind of strikeout and walk problem in the minors is overwhelmingly likely to get destroyed at the major league level unless he's just a physical freak in terms of bat speed and plate coverage.

Angels should have traded him immediately when he had that hot start in the minors this year.

 

Edited by Overlord
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

He just had another 2 homer game tonight. His forth such game this season. Leading the league with 14. I think the haters in here need to chill. 
 

https://www.milb.com/video/adell-goes-yard-again?t=milb-top-videos

 

But he strikes out! How on earth will he fit in with today's game with such a high strikeout rate!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Adell 2-3 with another HR and no K's.

Can he REALLY be so bad that the Angels will keep running Ward/Lagares/Rojas out there?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Wieties said:

Adell 2-3 with another HR and no K's.

Can he REALLY be so bad that the Angels will keep running Ward/Lagares/Rojas out there?

 

It’s not that he’s so bad, it’s that they are so bad. Their GM is smart and letting him take the necessary time to develop after last seasons debacle of a call up. The power is awesome and shows his potential top 20 overall fantasy ceiling, but his K’s and his defense need some work. 

Instead of throwing him to MLB pitching just because they have a need, they are letting him crush in AAA and continue to work on the issues. I absolutely love it. This guy is the future and as he continues to make quality Abs and pitch selection he’s going to be a superstar. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He was god awful last season in his first taste of the majors, like worst position player in the league bad. Until he drastically improves his plate discipline I’m going to have zero faith in him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, killa3312 said:

He was god awful last season in his first taste of the majors, like worst position player in the league bad. Until he drastically improves his plate discipline I’m going to have zero faith in him.

I also have zero faith in him, but I've got even less faith in my ability to consistently predict who will and won't bust. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...