NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Garrett Richards 2018 Outlook

octapuss

53 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

I wish this joker would hit the DL. He'd be more productive for me by allowing me to pick someone up. Never again with this dude. And please the garrett Richards apologists save me the" but but but look at his ERA." 

He's ranked in the top200 he's definitely ownable. 

54 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

I wish this joker would hit the DL. He'd be more productive for me by allowing me to pick someone up. Never again with this dude. And please the garrett Richards apologists save me the" but but but look at his ERA." 

Did Richards ask to be on your fantasy team?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Angels beat writer said it's a hamstring issue, but that doesn't mean s--- with the Angels medical staff.

Yep.   With the Angels staff that probably is code for the first ever simultaneously torn UCL and labrum.

• Like 3

Garrett Richards will undergo an MRI on his left hamstring on Thursday.

Richards felt tightness in his hamstring and was only able to complete two innings against the Mariners on Wednesday. He told reporters he hoped the injury was minor, but also admitted that he felt something in his previous start on Friday against the Twins. It's certainly possible that Richards could be headed for the 10-day disabled list, but we should find that information out after we know the results of the MRI.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:42 PM, High&Inside said:

Yea, who cares about ERA?  Or Ks?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, herschel said:

confirmed DL stint although no mri results released.  are those with no available dl spots hanging on to him?

I don’t have DL spots and I’m not even close to debating dropping him in a deep league. He’s not a pitcher you just drop. He has his issues, but is still a solid pitcher.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

I don’t have DL spots and I’m not even close to debating dropping him in a deep league. He’s not a pitcher you just drop. He has his issues, but is still a solid pitcher.

Guess it depends on league size.  I think at his best in 12 team leagues he is an SP3 while at his worst he’s a streamer.  No real info on how long he will be out, but I’m fairly confidant I can find something similar on the WW while at the same time not needing to deal with his bad starts once he returns.

How do we still have absolutely ZERO news on this MRI on his hamstring? This is so irritating. At this point of year, if he's out for 3-4 weeks, he can be dropped in most leagues. But if it's only 1 start, than he is probably a hold. So this no news nonsense is really hurting his owners. Has anybody found anything? I can find anything anywhere. 

Richards was also injured during Wednesday's loss, leaving after two innings and 35 pitches. He had an MRI exam on Thursday and the prognosis is good, according to Scioscia, but the Angels are being cautious with the starter, who is 4-4 with a 3.42 ERA.

"It was definitely affecting how he was trying to execute pitches the other day, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that it isn't an extended injury," Scioscia said.

Ok this is the best I got. Scioscia makes it seem like he may only miss 1-2 starts max. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...