NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Shake said:

They're not rooting for the underdog, they couldn't care less about Philly. They're rooting against the Patriots because it's the Patriots and they win too much and they like to see them fail

There is a difference.

Personally I don't get my joy from celebrating other people's defeats.

You mad? Lol

2 minutes ago, Shake said:

They're not rooting for the underdog, they couldn't care less about Philly. They're rooting against the Patriots because it's the Patriots and they win too much and they like to see them fail

There is a difference.

Personally I don't get my joy from celebrating other people's defeats.

Eh, rooting for the underdog or rooting against the team that wins all the time. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Semantics. 

I'm glad I didn't have to watch the Patriots win another SB. I'm happy for Eagles fans. I always like to see tough luck fanbases get to the top. 

NFL needs to fix the catch rule and officiating in general.  Not sure how they fix it, but with the way it is now there will always be complaining if a call doesn't go the way of the team you're cheering for.  I thought they got the Clement TD wrong, he juggled it and then had the left foot out when he controlled it.  I thought the Ertz TD was correct that he was a runner and then fumbled.  

Sucks that one of the 3 or 4 biggest stories of almost any close NFL game is a call , non call, missed PI call, etc. 

There is no way Foles returns next year - just conventional wisdom imo.

I still don't know if he's legit - but winning a SB v NE as a starting QB - including slicing/dicing the MIN D on the way has to be worth a few bucks.

Just now, MrPositive said:

Hostetler wishes he threw for 373 yards and 3 TD's in a Super Bowl lol

Different game. Different time. His objective was to manage the game and keep it out of the hands of that Bills offense.

Just now, MrPositive said:

Hostetler wishes he threw for 373 yards and 3 TD's in a Super Bowl lol

Hostetler beat Joe Montana and Jim Kelly to win it all, and faced far better defenses. 

So glad Foles will get the respect he deserves now. Should never have been traded from PHI in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Foles can't be a backup on the bench all next year after this right? Right???

I'm not so sure. The Eagles would be crazy to just let him go. He might demand a trade, but does he really have leverage?

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

NFL needs to fix the catch rule and officiating in general.  Not sure how they fix it, but with the way it is now there will always be complaining if a call doesn't go the way of the team you're cheering for.  I thought they got the Clement TD wrong, he juggled it and then had the left foot out when he controlled it.  I thought the Ertz TD was correct that he was a runner and then fumbled.  

Sucks that one of the 3 or 4 biggest stories of almost any close NFL game is a call , non call, missed PI call, etc. 

Ya, that Clement call was the difference in the game. I still can't believe they ruled that a TD. How? I'd love to hear the NFL's interpretation there after the game. But the Pats have benefited by calls too. So Shrug

8 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I'm a fan of

Lewis over 29.5 yards receiving

Burton over 1.5 receptions 

Eagles first half, pats win the game

Eagles more penalty yards 

I'm also throwing some darts at total TDs, Blount and white tds

Broke even, but I really ****** up with my Burton and Lewis picks lol

2 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I still don't know if he's legit - but winning a SB v NE as a starting QB - including slicing/dicing the MIN D on the way has to be worth a few bucks.

But how does he get onto another team?

7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Except, he's under contract with the Eagles. 

Yeah, based on the pregame shows, he seems content to just stepping back and letting his life move on.  He wasn't even expecting to play in the NFL this year. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

I'm not so sure. The Eagles would be crazy to just let him go. He might demand a trade, but does he really have leverage?

He has a void clause in his contract if he is on the roster in 2019, it was designed to help him and the team. Basically he signed a 2yr deal to be a backup even though it's a 5yr contract

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

NFL record for TD passes in a game. Check.

First to throw 25+ TDs and fewer than 3 INTs in a season. Check. 

Torched the #1 defense in the NFC title game. Check

373 yards and 4 TDs against Belichick. Check.

SB MVP. Check.

Only bad play was under Jeff Fisher. 

Definitely for real.

@Iron-cock  What have I been saying for the longest time? I wanted Jets to get Foles for years. Guy was throwing darts all night. We could've had him for pennies on a multi-year deal and instead we placate to the stupid fans and sign Fitz for $12M. I'm so angry right now. WE HAD HIM!!!!

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

But how does he get onto another team?

If his agent is worth a damn, tell him to hold out for a new contract.  Obviously the Eagles wont pay that since they have Wentz, so someone will offer the Eagles a couple draft picks for him and sign him to a long term deal.  He's under contract for what 1 or 2 million next year?  If he holds out and gets a new contract it's probably worth 30-40 million guaranteed.