shakestreet

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

If his agent is worth a damn, tell him to hold out for a new contract.  Obviously the Eagles wont pay that since they have Wentz, so someone will offer the Eagles a couple draft picks for him and sign him to a long term deal.  He's under contract for what 1 or 2 million next year?  If he holds out and gets a new contract it's probably worth 30-40 million guaranteed.

He has a void clause in his contract that kills it before 2019 season. So there is no  new contract or negotiations or Qb contorversey The contract was designed to be player and team friendly knowing he was only there to be a backup QB

6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

What a joyous day!  Just an awesome victory by the Philadelphia Eagles.  

Meanwhile, the Patriots are on to the off-season!!

Man do they have to fix that defense to have any kind of chance next season. Your QB throws for 500+ yards and you can't win. That's like literally the worst defense in the NFL when that happens. It will be a bonkers offseason for the Pats, with Brady still the elite player in the league by a lot.

2 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I like how Brady threw for 500 yards and is still going to get s--- for this game

I'm waiting patiently for Max Kellerman to say Brady 'is clearly finished' for the 500th time this season, only to be proven wrong the next day. God, I seriously hate that guy. 

Just now, dashoe said:

He has a void clause in his contract that kills it before 2019 season. So there is no  new contract or negotiations or Qb contorversey The contract was designed to be player and team friendly knowing he was only there to be a backup QB

But that's a whole season away.  Why would his agent want that?  Now is his chance to make a big payday.  NFL teams have no loyalty to a player why should a player have loyalty to the team.  He's likely to get a huge signing bonus to sign a new deal when Philly trades him.  Hell Mike Glennon got 18 million guaranteed.  Foles would be worth 25-30 million guaranteed easy.

Just now, murraygd13 said:

But that's a whole season away.  Why would his agent want that?  Now is his chance to make a big payday.  NFL teams have no loyalty to a player why should a player have loyalty to the team.  He's likely to get a huge signing bonus to sign a new deal when Philly trades him.  Hell Mike Glennon got 18 million guaranteed.  Foles would be worth 25-30 million guaranteed easy.

Glennon was a FA, he wasn't traded. I don't think that is a fair comparison

Just now, dashoe said:

Something feels right about the world when the Eagles beat the pats for the title. It's like things are finally going into the right direction

Listening and watching annoying Eagles fans for the next several days....not fun.

4 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

What it means is the Eagles have to trade him tin the 2018 season because Feb 2019 his contract voids and he is a free agent so it was a 2yr deal disguised as a 5yr deal to be the backup.

No way Foles gets 25mm-30mm. He would be lucky to get 15mm-20mm

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

What it means is the Eagles have to trade him tin the 2018 season because Feb 2019 his contract voids and he is a free agent so it was a 2yr deal disguised as a 5yr deal to be the backup.

Pedersen comes out of this looking like a genius too. He got a Superbowl for pennies and is going to get amazing trade bait on top of that

2 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Pedersen comes out of this looking like a genius too. He got a Superbowl for pennies and is going to get amazing trade bait on top of that

Only works if Foles wants to continue playing. he was going to retire before pederson convinced him to be wentz backup

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Something feels right about the world when the Eagles beat the pats for the title. It's like things are finally going into the right direction

Man I'd be ok with it for almost any other city. But I stayed in Philly a few times and that place is scary. That's really all that I can sum up my experience with: scary af.

5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Listening and watching annoying Eagles fans for the next several days....not fun.

Better than listening to Patriots fans act like rich snobs.

"Uh yeah. Just another one to the collection. No big deal."

I'm fine with fans celebrating their first super bowl.

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No way Foles gets 25mm-30mm. He would be lucky to get 15mm-20mm

Right! Lol.  What did Alex Smith just get? 71 million guaranteed.  Your telling me Foles isnt worth half of that even? Ryan Tannenhill got $21.5 when he signed and he's horrible.

If I'm Foles I go..I want to be traded because I deserve to start somewhere.  Eagles call his bluff, he holds out..Eagles go well we might as well get ssomething for him so they get a couple draft picks...and whoever traded for him signs him to huge extension.

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

A lot better than a gentleman I work with (in Chicago) who was put into an induced coma because he had some type of organ failure due to an infection...he woke up a month later and was told he missed the Cubs winning the World Series, and oh yeah...Trump's president.

Just now, NYR Fan 116894 said:

The Patriots shot themselves in the face with this though. That could have been the huge difference right there for a Super Bowl title. How do you sit your best defensive player in a Super Bowl? He better have banged Beli's daughter or something.