NBC Sports Edge Forums

Guess those refs weren't in the Patriots pockets after all, what do ya know?

Everyone was so busy making excuses for other teams (Jacksonville) bad play calling and Philly came out and handled their business. I was super impressed with Foles and the play calling for the Eagles. The Eagles did what Jacksonville did not...play to win 

Edited by Shake
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, MrPositive said:

The Patriots shot themselves in the face with this though. That could have been the huge difference right there for a Super Bowl title. How do you sit your best defensive player in a Super Bowl? He better have banged Beli's daughter or something.

He wasn't close to being their best defensive player this season. 

1 minute ago, Shake said:

Guess those refs weren't in the Patriots pockets after all, what do ya know?

Everyone was so busy making excuses for other teams (Jacksonville) bad play calling and Philly came out and handled their business. I was super impressed with Foles and the play calling for the Eagles. The Eagles did what Jacksonville did not...play to win 

They never were lol. People just really enjoy seeing a perennial winner lose. It reflects better with their lives. It was all a set up so the Patriots would get as few calls as possible in this game, and it worked haha

Just now, MrPositive said:

They never were lol. People just really enjoy seeing a perennial winner lose. It reflects better with their lives. It was all a set up so the Patriots would get as few calls as possible in this game, and it worked haha

Yeah I knew the refs weren't in the Pats pockets...I was being sarcastic because of all the whining that went on after the JAX/Pats game 2 weeks ago.

If you need a good laugh find that thread a few pages back.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Right! Lol.  What did Alex Smith just get? 71 million guaranteed.  Your telling me Foles isnt worth half of that even? Ryan Tannenhill got $21.5 when he signed and he's horrible.

If I'm Foles I go..I want to be traded because I deserve to start somewhere.  Eagles call his bluff, he holds out..Eagles go well we might as well get ssomething for him so they get a couple draft picks...and whoever traded for him signs him to huge extension.

Alex smith agreed to a 4yr deal for  17mm yr guaranteed  or 23mm yr if u add up all of the non guaranteed money. So like i said he gets 15-20mm if he is lucky. No team is going to bet their franchise on a guy giving him a long term deal who was going to retire and no one wanted before the season.

let's stop the SB hype factor and look at the economics of teams.

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

A lot better than a gentleman I work with (in Chicago) who was put into an induced coma because he had some type of organ failure due to an infection...he woke up a month later and was told he missed the Cubs winning the World Series, and oh yeah...Trump's president.

Sounds amazing.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Alex smith agreed to a 4yr deal for  17mm yr guaranteed  or 23mm yr if u add up all of the non guaranteed money. So like i said he gets 15-20mm if he is lucky. No team is going to bet their franchise on a guy giving him a long term deal who was going to retire and no one wanted before the season.

let's stop the SB hype factor and look at the economics of teams.

Wrong 

Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $94,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including $71,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000. In 2018, Smith will earn a base salary of $14,500,000, a roster bonus of $2,000,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $17,000,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/alex-smith-3337/

3 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I doubt Foles retires after being a Superbowl MVP

He could finish out as wentz backup for 2018 and become a FA 2019  season or retire like he planned to before signing with eagles. The guy is on a winning team he may not want to go through the grind of a losing organization

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

He could finish out as wentz backup for 2018 and become a FA 2019  season or retire like he planned to before signing with eagles. The guy is on a winning team he may not want to go through the grind of a losing organization

There should be some teams interested in trading for him next season. I think they move him for a 2nd rounder.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Wrong 

Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $94,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including $71,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000. In 2018, Smith will earn a base salary of $14,500,000, a roster bonus of $2,000,000 and a workout bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $17,000,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/alex-smith-3337/

You do know the only thing that matters in an NFL contract is the guaranteed money?

Just now, dashoe said:

You do know the only thing that matters in an NFL contract is the guaranteed money?

OK, sorry I'll stop arguing with a drunk Eagles fan.

Just now, murraygd13 said:

OK, sorry I'll stop arguing with a drunk Eagles fan.

The full 71mil wasn't guaranteed. That is the maximum guarantee factoring in injury. The full contract terms haven't been released because it won't be signed until the beginning of the league year.

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He will want to cash out. He is starting a family and will want to insure their well being for generations

Butler really wouldn't have made a difference. Eagles were dinking and dunking down the field mostly all game just like the Patriots. It was quite the shootout. I wasn't expecting that from the Eagles' defense.

Darby was getting whipped in coverage though. He played very poorly compared to his previous playoff games. Gronk beat him on both of his TD's. Eagles need to do some work in FA, but they have a strong squad to contend for the next few years. 3 more years left on Wentz's rookie contract before they need to pay him a massive chunk of their cap.

I was simply amazed by the Eagles offense. It wasn't just one guy. All three of the RB's went off. Clement, Blount, and Ajayi all made huge plays with Clement probably making the two biggest ones catching the ball. Alshon was a beast until they put Gilmore on him. They couldn't cover Agholor in the slot. Ertz moving the chains constantly on 3rd down. And even Torrey Smith looked decent with one great catch. Burton with the trick TD pass. Everyone showed up to play. And the OLine completely dominated the Patriots' pass rush (not like they had much of one to begin with).

Total team effort on offense. Foles was amazing and poised. The lone interception wasn't his fault. If anything it should have been defensive pass interference on Alshon's attempt on the catch that led to a tipped INT.

Defense played a bend-but-don't-break and didn't break for the most part. Refs weren't calling holding on either OLine the entire game, but the Patriots OL definitely could have had a few called against them. Brandon Graham with one of the plays of the game to seal it. Clutch kicking from Elliott.

Edited by devaster