NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Refs weren't calling holding on either OLine the entire game, but the Patriots OL definitely could have had a few called against them. Brandon Graham with one of the plays of the game to seal it. Clutch kicking from Elliott.

Kelce had a game, can't wait to see PFF grading for it

1 minute ago, hoppychokes said:

Beyond the Panthers debacle, we have been pretty spoiled with Superbowls

Panthers wasn't a debacle. They were a mirage on offense and it was exposed by a great defense. The Panthers offense that season was completely reliant on starting offensive field position from turnovers and the defense resetting field position to win games. They struggled in games when the offense had poor field position, like their only loss in the regular season against ATL. And in the SB against Denver. All Denver had to do was play smart football on offense and the defense was going to win them the game.

2 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Kelce had a game, can't wait to see PFF grading for it

Kelce was wrecking NE in the run game. I was calling for a Kelce trade at the start of the season. Boy was I wrong on that one.

The last really bad SB was the Seattle/Denver blowout that no one was expecting after Peyton reset the single season passing records. First play of the game was a bungled snap for a safety. I knew it was game over after that play.

23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

No. Our defense was awful.

Congrats Eagles fans. See you Pats haters in next year's Super Bowl thread.

Respect. It was a great game. Both teams played no defense. Honestly I thought it was over when Brady got the lead. Great game, Pats put up a great fight.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

The last really bad SB was the Seattle/Denver blowout that no one was expecting after Peyton reset the single season passing records. First play of the game was a bungled snap for a safety. I knew it was game over after that play.

2 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Nah, that at least had some entertaining defensive plays.  The *real* debacle was Seahawks-Broncos.  That sucked.

I completely spaced that game. I think how poorly I bet on the Panthers skewed my memory.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Anyone who wasn't slobbering over DEN knew that SEA was going to pound them that year. Was quite enjoyable to watch, actually. 

6 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Sometimes Belichick's anger gets the best of him. And nobody can convince me that playing Bademosi on Algohor is the same as Butler on him, and that wouldn't make a difference. That was a dumb move.

Rowe wasn't going to keep up with Agholor in the slot either. Maybe Butler prevents a couple of the Torrey Smith catches but I don't think it mattered much. Patriots had no answer for the running game or any of the Eagles' receivers/TE's.

3 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Anyone who wasn't slobbering over DEN knew that SEA was going to pound them that year. Was quite enjoyable to watch, actually. 

SEA was great, no doubt, but to watch Denver's offense implode like that was bizarre. Denver also suffered a rash of injuries in the playoffs leading up to that SB, but I didn't think those injuries were going to matter that much. Denver was really thin in depth and a bit of a glass house that season.

10 minutes ago, devaster said:

Defense played a bend-but-don't-break and didn't break for the most part...

This is LOL worthy. Both defenses were garbage, Philly made the one play when it mattered. 

Congrats to Philly on a great win though. Was an entertaining SB for sure.

4 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Do you realize how often you post about the happiness you get out off random teams/players failing-?

Grats Philly fans, great play calling and way to not take your foot off the gas at all. I'm a fan of Brady and pats during fantasy but I was so sick of them in the SB, glad to see a PA team take them down. Enjoy your win! 

8 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Brady didn't win, but damn is he actually improving still? Like seriously, 500 yards against the number 2 NFL defense in the Super Bowl? Just pure insanity.

He missed some key throws. Especially in the 1st half when he was under pressure. I think it was just one of those games. Both defenses couldn't stop anyone.

1 hour ago, LeeVanCleef said:

@Iron-cock  What have I been saying for the longest time? I wanted Jets to get Foles for years. Guy was throwing darts all night. We could've had him for pennies on a multi-year deal and instead we placate to the stupid fans and sign Fitz for $12M. I'm so angry right now. WE HAD HIM!!!!

you were on it the whole time.  I was hoping we’d get foles in 15, but was a bit down on him in 16 (still would have taken him over fitz)

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

you were on it the whole time.  I was hoping we’d get foles in 15, but was a bit down on him in 16 (still would have taken him over fitz)

Yeah, man. Not saying Foles would've been the answer but there were legit tangibles and positives that far outweighed the risks/negatives if we signed him. We can definitely agree though that he sure as hell was the better choice over Fitz. Now we're gonna end up paying a kings ransom for Cousins or possibly Foles now. I can't wait to see how this inevitably blows up in our face.

2 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Yeah, man. Not saying Foles would've been the answer but there were legit tangibles and positives that far outweighed the risks/negatives if we signed him. We can definitely agree though that he sure as hell was the better choice over Fitz. Now we're gonna end up paying a kings ransom for Cousins or possibly Foles now. I can't wait to see how this inevitably blows up in our face.

Why not just draft a QB?

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Why not just draft a QB?

I'm just saying what the Jets will probably do. Not saying we do it but I mean come on, we're the jets. We're gonna f this up. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Edited by LeeVanCleef
1 minute ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Why not just draft a QB?

Do you like any of the QB's in this year's draft? I like Mayfield, but he is under-sized and not many succeed at his size outside of greats like Brees and Wilson. With good coaching and the right scheme I think he can have a career.