NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Since when do NFL teams let valuable assets under contract leave out of the goodness of their hearts?  Also, are we totally positive Wentz is going to start over Foles in 2018?  Foles just won the Super Bowl for the Eagles, what more can a team ask from its quarterback?

There is zero chance, ZERO that Foles beats out and starts over Wentz. Cmon man.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, devaster said:

Foles still has mechanical issues in the pocket, but they looked non-existent in the last couple games. Pederson's coaching has been amazing. That SB was probably his best play from the pocket in his entire career. Although the Patriots' pass rush isn't that great and the Eagles have probably the best OL in the league, even with Peters out.

Says alot more about the coaches and the personnel when you can plug in a backup QB and win a SB after you lose a QB who was an MVP candidate. As good as Wentz played all season, it's obvious it wasnt all him. 

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As for Foles, why would Philly trade him?  He just won them the Super Bowl and their other guy is trying to recover from a torn ACL that will probably cost him the entire off-season.

Because Carson Wentz is lightyears better than him and they don't need Foles. Plus they can get a pick and draft someone who could contribute right away.

Foles already had his shot at a starter and failed.

Also, not a lot of teams out there really need a QB.

Because of these reasons I don't see much of a market for Foles. At least, not one in which multiple teams are bidding for Foles offering meaningful draft picks.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
21 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Foles already had his shot at a starter and failed.

Also, not a lot of teams out there really need a QB.

Because of these reasons I don't see much of a market for Foles. At least, not one in which multiple teams are bidding for Foles offering meaningful draft picks.

Foles under Chip Kelly was great his first year, not so great his second year.  Under Jeff Fisher he was much worse, but we seem to be saying that about a lot of players lately. 

If Wentz looks healthy maybe the Eagles trade Foles.  I don’t think multiple teams will be bidding, but come preseason once the Eagles know Wentz’s status they can maybe move him to a QB needy team or one that has a preseason injury.  

Also the Eagles are going to have to make some moves due to the Salary cap.  Moving Foles frees up 3M.  Not saying it would be a smart choice, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility. 

Edited by Iron-cock
31 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Foles under Chip Kelly was great his first year, not so great his second year.  Under Jeff Fisher he was much worse, but we seem to be saying that about a lot of players lately. 

If Wentz looks healthy maybe the Eagles trade Foles.  I don’t think multiple teams will be bidding, but come preseason once the Eagles know Wentz’s status they can maybe move him to a QB needy team or one that has a preseason injury.  

Also the Eagles are going to have to make some moves due to the Salary cap.  Moving Foles frees up 3M.  Not saying it would be a smart choice, but it isnt out of the realm of possibility. 

Haha its kind of true.

If I'm the Eagles GM and I shopping Foles around, I think my pitch indeed would be -- and I'm not even joking:

"Jeff Fisher"

10 hours ago, Shake said:

Congrats to the Eagles players and fans. Great win.

As for the Patriots haters, you guys need to reevaluate your lives.

So hating a professional sports team somehow correlates to how you live your entire life? Okaaaay...

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Since when do NFL teams let valuable assets under contract leave out of the goodness of their hearts?  Also, are we totally positive Wentz is going to start over Foles in 2018?  Foles just won the Super Bowl for the Eagles, what more can a team ask from its quarterback?

First, it is ludicrous to think Foles will ever grab the starting job over Wentz. Wentz is much better and the future. Second, Foles just helped the Eagles win their first SB ever. He is a hero in Philly. If he wants to start somewhere else and have a chance at earning more money I don't see the Eagles stopping him. I think the organization will let him go and get some compensation.

It sort of depends on Wentz's health in my opinion though. But if they can land another decent back-up it won't be an issue. There should be some QB's available that can back-up Wentz early in the season if he still isn't a go. Reports are positive, despite the severity of the injury, and he will probably be ready early next season.

30 minutes ago, jnormy said:

So hating a professional sports team somehow correlates to how you live your entire life? Okaaaay...

Pats should be 0-3 in their last 3 SB appearances. Seattle and Atlanta both beat themselves.

30 minutes ago, NyCro said:

Boring super bowl... 0 defense played the entire game until the strip sack boring/anti climatic.

Maybe you’ll find your number 2 overall pick more entertaining.

Edited by petekrum
11 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

No D at all but overall it was entertaining, I mean there wasn't really any dull moments offensively which that's fun to watch as well. Blount apparently has a super bowl detector tho lol

A lot of it had to do with the refs keeping their flags in their pockets. They weren't calling DPI at all. They weren't calling offensive holding at all. There were numerous times the Eagles DLine was getting held leading to 7s in the pocket for Brady.

In a way I'm glad the refs really tried their best to have no influence on the game. It has been a controversial season for the refs. They did a good job in this one.

Collinsworth was slobbering all over the Patriots' nuts all game though. He has really grated on me as a commentator the last few years. And to see a former receiver calling for those catches to not be catches was odd. Ertz's was nothing like Jesse James'. Ertz didn't catch the ball at the 2 and had already taken 3 steps before getting hit by a defender and diving into the endzone. His elbow hit the ground simultaneously as the ball popped loose.

Definitely the least crushing of the 3 Brady/BB Super Bowl defeats. They lost to the better team here and I am OK with that. Looking forward to some fresh blood at the defensive coordinator position. 

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

First, it is ludicrous to think Foles will ever grab the starting job over Wentz. Wentz is much better and the future. Second, Foles just helped the Eagles win their first SB ever. He is a hero in Philly. If he wants to start somewhere else and have a chance at earning more money I don't see the Eagles stopping him. I think the organization will let him go and get some compensation.

It sort of depends on Wentz's health in my opinion though. But if they can land another decent back-up it won't be an issue. There should be some QB's available that can back-up Wentz early in the season if he still isn't a go. Reports are positive, despite the severity of the injury, and he will probably be ready early next season.

Nick is not going anywhere NOW. 

We all know it come down to Carson’s health next season. I have to believe Nick is extremely happy being in Philadelphia so I can bet he will staying in Philly and backing up Wentz next season 

40 minutes ago, jnormy said:

Yep.

When you get your joy from others failure and defeats that clearly says something about about a person to me. 

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

A lot of it had to do with the refs keeping their flags in their pockets. They weren't calling DPI at all. They weren't calling offensive holding at all. There were numerous times the Eagles DLine was getting held leading to 7s in the pocket for Brady.

In a way I'm glad the refs really tried their best to have no influence on the game. It has been a controversial season for the refs. They did a good job in this one.

Collinsworth was slobbering all over the Patriots' nuts all game though. He has really grated on me as a commentator the last few years. And to see a former receiver calling for those catches to not be catches was odd. Ertz's was nothing like Jesse James'. Ertz didn't catch the ball at the 2 and had already taken 3 steps before getting hit by a defender and diving into the endzone. His elbow hit the ground simultaneously as the ball popped loose.

That is your second time you mention the Pats offensive line was holding ... more like both teams hold stop being and ignorarmous. 

The refs were excellent last night...marvelous job

I agree Collingsworth was horrible... he was wrong all night. He has his opinion you have yours I have mine.  

7 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Maybe you’ll find your number 2 overall pick more entertaining.

Doubtful I want them to trade it :lol:.. Entitled to give my opinion just because it was high scoring doesn't mean it was a great game felt like more of a regular season vibe but to each his own...I did find the Eli and Beckham commercial more entertaining though.

Foles played great but Pederson playcalling, offensive line, and weapons to work with all put him in a dream situation. If some team like Cleveland thinks they can trade for Foles and get this kind of performance they will be very sorry. Pederson's playcalling especially is the factor that other teams won't have. 

Eagles should be in no rush to sell him due to Wentz health. But if they can get a haul like KC got for Smith they would be wise to make that business decision. 

54 minutes ago, NyCro said:

Boring super bowl... 0 defense played the entire game until the strip sack boring/anti climatic.

I concur it was a rather boring SB, no defense no defense no defense.  

Everyone was waiting for the who had the ball last scenario.

14 minutes ago, Shake said:

Yep.

When you get your joy from others failure and defeats that clearly says something about about a person to me. 

We clearly hang with different crowds then. I personally know many people who are among the nicest, most giving human beings on the face of the planet but who do indeed root against certain teams they can't stand. You may consider that last part a serious personal flaw on their part, but to me it's only sports after all and certainly doesn't come close to defining their entire personal body of work.