NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just now, raltherr said:

Patriots are 2-3 in Super Bowls since the got busted for Spygate.  If not for a miracle INT by Butler and an epic collapse by the Falcons, they'd be 0-5.  GTFO of here with the greatest of all time talk.  What they've done is impressive and the deserve credit.  I imagine it's still hard to pull off even when you're cheating.  Walsh/Montana > Beliicheat/Brady.

They have a lot more holes than they used to winning their first three. Even if Butler doesn't intercept that pass and the Seahawks do run the ball it wasn't a guarantee the Seahawks score. That game was much more of a toss up. The Falcons never should have lost to the Patriots though. They should be 1-4 in the last 5.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, devaster said:

They have a lot more holes than they used to winning their first three. Even if Butler doesn't intercept that pass and the Seahawks do run the ball it wasn't a guarantee the Seahawks score. That game was much more of a toss up. The Falcons never should have lost to the Patriots though. They should be 1-4 in the last 5.

LOL. And the Tyree catch was just a standard play?

Works both ways. 

1 minute ago, Shake said:

I don't see how that's poor rationale considering the perception is that the reason they win is because they "cheat". 

I realize you have to make the plays to win, even if you didn't play by the rules, but people use the cheat rationale like it's a forgone conclusion they're going to win regardless...which it's not.

If they actually were cheating to win it's no doubt in my mind they'd have more SB wins. There's no doubt in my mind they don't lose to Eli Manning twice and Nick Foles in the SB, or Joe Flacco and past his prime Peyton Manning in the AFC title game in the last 10 years. Not taking anything away from those guys or teams those years by the way but other than Peyton, the other guys aren't on Brady's level. But they were, or their team was for those nights.

You can't have it both ways. It's cheatin when they win but it's still cheating but they didn't make enough plays when they lose?

Or maybe it's just being a great team when they win and not good enough on that particular night when they lose.

The entire cheating thing is overblown with the Patriots. I would understand if they were injecting their players with steroids or had water gallons filled with adderall but what they did is not that big of a deal. Deflategate is a full blown joke and spygate was overblown even though I don't appreciate them for doing it all that much.

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

LOL. And the Tyree catch was just a standard play?

Works both ways. 

Okay. But the Giants still had to march down the field and score the TD. And Eli escaping the pressure was remarkable.

15 minutes ago, Shake said:

Whats wrong with eating cheese and drinking wine? Lol

I don't drink but I do enjoy some cheese every now and then. ?

Nothing really. Just more of an expression that most people that have wine and cheese parties are stuck up entitled assholes. Cheese and wine go well together but if all you have is have a bowl of cheese and wine while playing charades you most likely are not very fun to be around.

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

Okay. But the Giants still had to march down the field and score the TD. And Eli escaping the pressure was remarkable.

Holding usually helps to make remarkable plays ? 

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The entire cheating thing is overblown with the Patriots. I would understand if they were injecting their players with steroids or had water gallons filled with adderall but what they did is not that big of a deal. Deflategate is a full blown joke and spygate was overblown even though I don't appreciate them for doing it all that much.

I blame them for getting caught. Everyone can ignore cheating behind the scenes but then being publicly outed about it forces people to vocalize a public opinion in line with official rules

31 minutes ago, raltherr said:

Patriots are 2-3 in Super Bowls since they got busted for Spygate.  If not for a miracle INT by Butler and an epic collapse by the Falcons, they'd be 0-5.  GTFO of here with the greatest of all time talk.  What they've done is impressive and the deserve credit.  I imagine it's still hard to pull off even when you're cheating.  Walsh/Montana > Bellicheat/Brady.

If you get to enough SBs eventually you're going to lose some. 5-3 is still a good record no matter how you try spin it with "cheating" involved.

Its always laughable for me that fans of teams who haven't won a SB are giving the Pats crap about being 2-3 in their last 5 SBs.

Edited by Shake
4 minutes ago, Shake said:

If you get to enough SBs eventually you're going to lose some. 5-3 is still a good record no matter how you try spin it with "cheating" involved.

Its always laughable for me that fans of teams who haven't won a SB are giving the Pats crap about being 2-3 in their last 5 SBs.

winning constantly for twenty years is the recipe for being hated

43 minutes ago, devaster said:

And Butler still had to make the play. Same thing.

Pats SB record is about what it should be.

Edited by dmb3684
5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

False. You don't know BB very well.

I know him just fine. There is inherently a bias with some positions and players. BB wouldn't have kept any players around at more important positions though if they had authority issues in that organization.

Edited by devaster
7 minutes ago, devaster said:

So he pulled a McNabb prior to the SB. If he played a more important position he probably still plays.

McNabb did the same?  Never heard that story.

I do remember him puking his guts up on the field in the 4th quarter when they needed him most.

Just now, 96mnc said:

McNabb did the same?  Never heard that story.

I do remember him puking his guts up on the field in the 4th quarter when they needed him most.

There were reports of McNabb drinking and partying like crazy the night before his SB.

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Starting CB is pretty important. 

Especially when the foundation of their D this year was the secondary.  That's where the money was spent.  Gilmore, Butler, McCourty, Chung, Harmon.

Million mile away comment - the minute Cooks got hurt beating Philly became highly unlikely without Butler. 

1 minute ago, devaster said:

There were reports of McNabb drinking and partying like crazy the night before his SB.

Wow... Then the puking on the field is especially bad if that's true.  

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

Most CB's are as good as the pressure up front. The Patriots had already made it clear Butler wasn't a part of their future plans prior to the season.

This. Pats front got manhandled and created zero pressure on Foles