Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, devaster said:

Most CB's are as good as the pressure up front. The Patriots had already made it clear Butler wasn't a part of their future plans prior to the season.

 

That has nothing to do with your original point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

Wow... Then the puking on the field is especially bad if that's true.  

It may not have been reports, but stories did surface later on. I'd have to look around if there were actually reports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

That has nothing to do with your original point. 

 

It does. My point was that Butler wasn't a part of their future. It wasn't a key position. BB wouldn't have kept anyone around at a key position if they weren't his type of team player. Brady never would have done it, but do you think BB would have sat his QB if the same situation happened?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, devaster said:

There were reports of McNabb drinking and partying like crazy the night before his SB.

 

Really?!?? I thought that he was getting over the flu  and didn't get enough fluids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, devaster said:

 

It does. My point was that Butler wasn't a part of their future. It wasn't a key position. BB wouldn't have kept anyone around at a key position if they weren't his type of team player. Brady never would have done it, but do you think BB would have sat his QB if the same situation happened?

 

In theory, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, devaster said:

 

It does. My point was that Butler wasn't a part of their future. It wasn't a key position. BB wouldn't have kept anyone around at a key position if they weren't his type of team player. Brady never would have done it, but do you think BB would have sat his QB if the same situation happened?

 

If the rumors about the tension between him, Brady and Kraft were true, Belichick would've loved the opportunity to win without Brady to put a stamp on his point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

 

If the rumors about the tension between him, Brady and Kraft were true, Belichick would've loved the opportunity to win without Brady to put a stamp on his point.

Maybe with Jimmy G haha. But I doubt he would stick it to Kraft with Hoyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

 

If the rumors about the tension between him, Brady and Kraft were true, Belichick would've loved the opportunity to win without Brady to put a stamp on his point.

 

X2.

 

I think the complete opposite of devaster thinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All hypothetical anyway. But you have to wonder how far this goes back. The Patriots making an uncharacteristic splash in FA during the Belichick era. Not extending the top tier CB they already have on their roster. Will be interesting to see how this all unfolds this offseason.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, devaster said:

There were reports of McNabb drinking and partying like crazy the night before his SB.

 

Don't you mean Ken Stabler? He would go over the game plan by the light of the juke box. The huddle was 90 proof  in the first half. 

 

Ken Stabler A Football Life. Must see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, devaster said:

All hypothetical anyway. 

 

Ha. Now that you know you are wrong it is. 

 

I wish I was as passionate about anything as you, and some others, are about hating the Pats. 

 

Anyhow, I'm off to the baseball boards till August. Till then.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Ha. Now that you know you are wrong it is. 

 

I wish I was as passionate about anything as you, and some others, are about hating the Pats. 

 

Anyhow, I'm off to the baseball boards till August. Till then.

Clearly I have a passionate hatred... or maybe you are overly sensitive?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, devaster said:

It may not have been reports, but stories did surface later on. I'd have to look around if there were actually reports.

 

That was true. TO and several other players were sayin that right after the game. He was in the huddle dry heaving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, devaster said:

First, it is ludicrous to think Foles will ever grab the starting job over Wentz. Wentz is much better and the future. Second, Foles just helped the Eagles win their first SB ever. He is a hero in Philly. If he wants to start somewhere else and have a chance at earning more money I don't see the Eagles stopping him. I think the organization will let him go and get some compensation.

 

It sort of depends on Wentz's health in my opinion though. But if they can land another decent back-up it won't be an issue. There should be some QB's available that can back-up Wentz early in the season if he still isn't a go. Reports are positive, despite the severity of the injury, and he will probably be ready early next season.

Wentz is undoubtedly the future at QB for the Eagles.  Foles, though, may be the present.  Foles did win the gd Super Bowl last night (with a lot of help).  And Wentz knee is going to be a huge question mark until it's not.  I think Philly keeps Foles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Wentz is undoubtedly the future at QB for the Eagles.  Foles, though, may be the present.  Foles did win the gd Super Bowl last night (with a lot of help).  And Wentz knee is going to be a huge question mark until it's not.  I think Philly keeps Foles.

 

I agree. Wentz realistically won't be back till week around week 4. Unless some team does something stupid and offers you a Kings Ransom I would keep him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shake said:

 

I don't drink but I do enjoy some cheese every now and then. ?

 

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Nothing really. Just more of an expression that most people that have wine and cheese parties are stuck up entitled assholes. Cheese and wine go well together but if all you have is have a bowl of cheese and wine while playing charades you most likely are not very fun to be around.

 

6a0120a707012b970b01b8d2540d9c970c-800wi

Link to post
Share on other sites

With 103.4 million watching, last night’s game on NBC from Minneapolis is down 7% from the total set of network eyeballs from the 2017 Super Bowl. A steeper fall than even the declining the stock market today, that’s the worst the Super Bowl has done since 2009 when the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-23 defeat of the Arizona Cardinals scored 98.7 million viewers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

 that’s the worst the Super Bowl has done since 2009 when the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-23 defeat of the Arizona Cardinals scored 98.7 million viewers.

 

a lot of viewers missed a great game in '09 then!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

 

a lot of viewers missed a great game in '09 then!!

I agree. I really think the media fueled disinterest in the SB this year. There was a lot of dissatisfaction with having back-up QB's in the playoffs and a Bortles-led Jags. And then the back-up QB underdog #1 seed uninspiring Eagles in the SB against the GOAT and the Patriots who are always there. No one was really giving the Eagles much of a chance. Some former Eagles players and people connected to the organization in some way were picking them as homer picks (Favre, Harbaugh, etc.).

 

It was one of the more exciting games in recent memory. Maybe it was because it was my team, but my heart was racing the entire game. Had me excited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, devaster said:

I agree. I really think the media fueled disinterest in the SB this year. There was a lot of dissatisfaction with having back-up QB's in the playoffs and a Bortles-led Jags. And then the back-up QB underdog #1 seed uninspiring Eagles in the SB against the GOAT and the Patriots who are always there. No one was really giving the Eagles much of a chance. Some former Eagles players and people connected to the organization in some way were picking them as homer picks (Favre, Harbaugh, etc.).

 

It was one of the more exciting games in recent memory. Maybe it was because it was my team, but my heart was racing the entire game. Had me excited.

 

I thought it was a very entertaining game.  Philly and Pederson approached it with a "play to win,  not lose" mentality from start to finish and earned it.

 

Random question- do these viewship numbers take into account the number of people watching online?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, devaster said:

I agree. I really think the media fueled disinterest in the SB this year. There was a lot of dissatisfaction with having back-up QB's in the playoffs and a Bortles-led Jags. And then the back-up QB underdog #1 seed uninspiring Eagles in the SB against the GOAT and the Patriots who are always there. No one was really giving the Eagles much of a chance. Some former Eagles players and people connected to the organization in some way were picking them as homer picks (Favre, Harbaugh, etc.).

 

It was one of the more exciting games in recent memory. Maybe it was because it was my team, but my heart was racing the entire game. Had me excited.

The media is clueless ..it is a bunch of hacks who say/write crap to get attention. 

 

A lot of bets were made on the Eagles...they weren’t as much as underdogs as you think. The smart money bet was the Eagles +points. In total four out of the five big money bets of a million or over were placed on the Eagles. As you know I am a Patriot fan, I took the Eagles +points in my bet.. 

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/22337636/nevada-sportsbooks-report-record-numbers-bets-super-bowl-lii

 

as I wrote earlier this game was exciting edge of my seat all game long. Screaming at the tv over n over. Play some freaking D knock Foles out. Etc... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...