NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Price 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just trade my 8th & 9th rounders for 3rd & 4th rounders before a game is even played?   Why didn't I think of that?

A trade master in a league filled with morons who would trade away deGrom and Seager is not a real trade master.

You need to find new leagues.   

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

What a stud. Thought about sitting him vs the Astros but decided against it. 

Went 6.1ip then got pulled after allowing 2 runners on. Which of course the bullpen promptly let score. He should have been allowed to finish the inning, he was cruising. sub 1 whip and 10 k's

• 5 weeks later...

One of the things I find most compelling about sports are good player performing poorly when the spotlight really bright. I love it when they just can't seem to figure it out and then suddenly do.

Watching Kershaw go 8IP was awesome. We've talked a lot about his postseasons on these forums, and I sit firmly in the camp of "He isn't as bad as it seems, but a few select innings destroyed his overall numbers." But 8IP? Awesome.

I was really rooting for Price to figure something out. It's such a shame that this guy chokes so hard in the postseason, especially since he's been such a workhorse his entire career. To sign with Boston and suddenly become a joke, to pitch fantastic in 2018 and falter in the ALDS sucks.

11 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

I was really rooting for Price to figure something out. It's such a shame that this guy chokes so hard in the postseason, especially since he's been such a workhorse his entire career. To sign with Boston and suddenly become a joke, to pitch fantastic in 2018 and falter in the ALDS sucks.

That is a matter of your perspective lol.  He should start more games imo lol.

• Haha 1

Another stinker vs. HOU.

Telling that after giving up 4 runs in less than 5IP, Fenway actually cheered for him.

What is it like the first game that a team has won a postseason game that Price started?

Edited by papasmurf
  • 2 months later...