Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Price 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

You need to find new leagues. 

 

Bro, you need to find out how to trade proper. People love this guy and think he's going to have a huge year. Get him and sell him to exploit. Easy as 123 and has happened multiple times for me now. Gotta step out of your comfort zone and explore other ideas to be a trade master (like me). 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just trade my 8th & 9th rounders for 3rd & 4th rounders before a game is even played?   Why didn't I think of that?

A trade master in a league filled with morons who would trade away deGrom and Seager is not a real trade master.

You need to find new leagues.   

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

Bro, you need to find out how to trade proper. People love this guy and think he's going to have a huge year. Get him and sell him to exploit. Easy as 123 and has happened multiple times for me now. Gotta step out of your comfort zone and explore other ideas to be a trade master (like me). 

 

That's not very sound advice. people should be trading for him and keeping him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

 

That's not very sound advice. people should be trading for him and keeping him.

There's a reason Price is ranked past 100 on Yahoo... it's his risk.

DeGroom has less risk, Seager (admitedly an injury risk) has less risk...

 

These are fair trades tho, but I'd rather have the guy ranked in the 30's over Price. 

Price is there to be exploited right now in the rankings, get him in a late round and trade him for an early round pick. Boom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

There's a reason Price is ranked past 100 on Yahoo... it's his risk.

DeGroom has less risk, Seager (admitedly an injury risk) has less risk...

 

These are fair trades tho, but I'd rather have the guy ranked in the 30's over Price. 

Price is there to be exploited right now in the rankings, get him in a late round and trade him for an early round pick. Boom. 

 

To be honest yahoo! rankings don't mean jack to me, because their rankings kind of suck. I don't think his risk is as high as other players this year at all. All reports are that his elbow injury is behind him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

There's a reason Price is ranked past 100 on Yahoo... it's his risk.

DeGroom has less risk, Seager (admitedly an injury risk) has less risk...

 

These are fair trades tho, but I'd rather have the guy ranked in the 30's over Price. 

Price is there to be exploited right now in the rankings, get him in a late round and trade him for an early round pick. Boom. 

 

So, just trade my 8th & 9th rounders for 3rd & 4th rounders before a game is even played?

 

Why didn't I think of that?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

Bro, you need to find out how to trade proper. People love this guy and think he's going to have a huge year. Get him and sell him to exploit. Easy as 123 and has happened multiple times for me now. Gotta step out of your comfort zone and explore other ideas to be a trade master (like me). 

 

A trade master in a league filled with morons who would trade away deGrom and Seager is not a real trade master.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CrypTviLL said:

Bro, you need to find out how to trade proper. People love this guy and think he's going to have a huge year. Get him and sell him to exploit. Easy as 123 and has happened multiple times for me now. Gotta step out of your comfort zone and explore other ideas to be a trade master (like me). 

Bro, if you can trade David price for those guys you are playing with people living in 2015. 

Congrats on making those moves, but I wouldn't expect even an average fantasy player to buy any crap anyone is selling on David price. 

 

Edited by 2ndCitySox
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Love Price this season. 

I am bullish on him but would only draft him expecting a #3. I think he has upside beyond that, but I wouldn't reach for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 10:40 PM, 2ndCitySox said:

Is that your assumption or did Boston actually say something like that?

 

Never said anything like that but every single website I can find  projects have him for no more than 150 innings.  It makes good horse sense too.  And Boston is a smart organization.  

 

Some are  missing out on the fact that Price really wasn't so great in 2016 either.  So it has been back to back disappointing years, not just one.  Not sure what people are hoping for.  A return to 2015 David Price is unlikely.  Not impossible but unlikely.  The track record of baseball players in their 30's showing decline..then getting hurt..then comnng back to pitch like they are in their 20's isn't very good.

 

That being said I'd gamble with him up to maybe 8 bucks.  But I'm not reaching.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

 

Never said anything like that but every single website I can find  projects have him for no more than 150 innings.  It makes good horse sense too.  And Boston is a smart organization.  

 

Some are  missing out on the fact that Price really wasn't so great in 2016 either.  So it has been back to back disappointing years, not just one.  Not sure what people are hoping for.  A return to 2015 David Price is unlikely.  Not impossible but unlikely.  The track record of baseball players in their 30's showing decline..then getting hurt..then comnng back to pitch like they are in their 20's isn't very good.

 

That being said I'd gamble with him up to maybe 8 bucks.  But I'm not reaching.

2016 Price was worth a lot more than $8 bucks, maybe even more in this climate of SPs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

The risk reward is great on Price.  I'm grabbing him wherever possible.  Only concern is his innings may be limited. 

 

Why would his innings be limited if he is healthy?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Because teams like to protect guys coming off of injury. 

 

He played last year after the injury just fine. I don't see them limiting him this year. They want to make a run at the WS this year and they probably want all hands on deck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

The risk reward is great on Price.  I'm grabbing him wherever possible.  Only concern is his innings may be limited. 

 

Also more injuries as he gets older.  Oh yeah, attitude. When he starts sulking it tends to carry over into his pitching in a negative way or has the last two years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

 

He played last year after the injury just fine. I don't see them limiting him this year. They want to make a run at the WS this year and they probably want all hands on deck.

Yah but only got like 75 innings.  Teams have a history of limiting players more Than they otherwise would.  It's a concern... Not definitely like a prospect but you should not expect 230 innings. 

 

Every single projections system has him at 180 or less.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Yah but only got like 75 innings.  Teams have a history of limiting players more Than they otherwise would.  It's a concern... Not definitely like a prospect but you should not expect 230 innings. 

 

Every single projections system has him at 180 or less.  

 

 

But those projections don't really have any insight as to how the team is going to use him this year. The BoSox have said nothing about limiting him this year at all. I fully expect that he will get 180-200 innings this year. He's not a young pup, if he was younger then I could see that they would limit him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

If this was June, he would've pitched a complete game. Left with just 76 pitches and was in complete control. Great to see and also great they could limit him to 76 pitches knowing the injury risk here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone sitting tomorrow?

 

I know he's had a great start, but he's been atrocious vs. the Yankees. Hope I'm wrong and he throws a gem, but I'll be sitting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...