NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Price 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

14 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Wow. Then why do you even own him? always pick guys that I like and I think will help my team. lol. I hope he wussed out and avoids injury because I really need him to perform like a low end sp1 in my rp spot.

Because I can't get a piece of poo for him in a trade, so have stuck with him.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just trade my 8th & 9th rounders for 3rd & 4th rounders before a game is even played?   Why didn't I think of that?

A trade master in a league filled with morons who would trade away deGrom and Seager is not a real trade master.

You need to find new leagues.   

Posted Images

I was going to say. He probably saved a bunch of owners who started him another 4 runs at least. I went with my gut tonight and sat him. I'm just happy he's healthy and ready for a two start week minus not having to face the Yankees.

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

"threw a bit inside in the 8th inning"

what does this even mean?

Plenty of stadiums have indoor bullpens inside the tunnel's. He probably decided to get a little work in to prepare for Baltimore. 

8 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Plenty of stadiums have indoor bullpens inside the tunnel's. He probably decided to get a little work in to prepare for Baltimore. 

lol I thought he was saying "inside" as in location on the plate

• Like 1
10 hours ago, evillaw4eva said:

Either way kind of a little reason to worry. Injury history or not facing the Rays all the time could be a problem 

If he doesn't miss his next start then he'll be facing them again later this month. Three of his first six starts this season are going to be against the Rays. That's a sweet schedule to begin the season.

21 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Well, wudda ya know.  Price expected to start Tuesday.  Suddenly his 'sensation' has returned?  Starts getting shelled and pulls himself.  Guy is a complete ___ (you fill in the blank).

savior to my ratios?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Well, wudda ya know.  Price expected to start Tuesday.  Suddenly his 'sensation' has returned?  Starts getting shelled and pulls himself.  Guy is a complete ___ (you fill in the blank).

And if he gets worked over again on Tuesday I'm willing to bet the 'sensation' will reappear lol

Edited by Darkthrone

What is everyone planning on doing here with Price this week. 

Tuesday   @ ANA (Ohtani)
Sunday    @ OAK (Mengden)

I'm worried about his elbow / UCL / hand losing sensation.  I could use the two starts, but with weekly lineups, but what are the odd that he gives only a couple of innings.  Anaheim has a hot offense now too.

1 minute ago, BirdDog20 said:

What is everyone planning on doing here with Price this week. 

Tuesday   @ ANA (Ohtani)
Sunday    @ OAK (Mengden)

I'm worried about his elbow / UCL / hand losing sensation.  I could use the two starts, but with weekly lineups, but what are the odd that he gives only a couple of innings.  Anaheim has a hot offense now too.

pitching him both unless he looks awful again anaheim...

50 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

pitching him both unless he looks awful again anaheim...

That's sorta the problem.  If i start him, he fills that slot for both starts and I can't start someone else if he gets shelled in ANA or if he has health issues.  In a Yahoo league, i'd have the flexibility to mix the starts.   Too bad his 2 start week is right after he claims loss of sensation.   Can't run him out there for a trial. 

I'm tempted to play it safer.

Obviously a small sample so far but the Angels currently have a 133 wRC+ against LHP and the lowest K% of any team in baseball against lefties. Take that information with the numbness Price complained about after leaving his last start and I'd probably sit him for this one.

The week just solved itself with the Patriot's day game ppd.  He should only get one day unless they decide to skip Brian Johnson which is a possibility.   He gets his 2 start week next week if this is the case and I get to see if he can even make it through 2-3 ip without going numb (let alone 5-6 ip).

I'm fine with playing matchups.  Sat him against NYY.   In my daily yahoo leagues, there's really only a handful of starters that I would deem matchup proof.  Flexibility in my keeper league is far more limited by weekly lineup changes, but in this case, based on his last result, his health concerns, his matchup, and that he only has 1 start now, he's a good sit.   Too much risk when I have another good streaming option to run out there.

I would actually love it if he blanked the Angels.  That'd go a long way to restoring some confidence.  Heck I'd be happy with 2-3er in 5ip with 6ks even if it's on my bench.  

Edited by BirdDog20

I can't decide whether to start him or not. I'm leaning no, but as mentioned earlier, I didn't draft him to play matchups. Honestly I wish I could get something in return for him, but I have no idea what to even ask for.