NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Price 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

On 4/28/2018 at 6:11 PM, street sharks said:

This dude is getting absolutely boned in scoring today. 

They overruled this as a HR instead of an error....

asset_2500K.mp4

It was a home run.  The ball took a radical and abrupt turn on the hop because of the way it was spinning and no fielder could have anticipated it.  Jackie had played it right and not his fault the ball took a weird hop.  To have originally given Bradley an error on the play was absurd.  Anyone watching the game knew that right away.  The booth announcers knew it was not an error right away too and said so and expected it to be corrected sooner than later and it was.

Jackie is one of the best outfielders in all of baseball and he played the ball right.  it was a weird anomaly he couldn't have foreseen thus it wasn't an error.

OTOH JD Martinez has made plays in the outfield when they let hi play out there that aren't errors but have cost pitchers runs all season long.  That guy is a terrible fielder.  He made a bad read on a play in this game that "played" into a doube that Benintendi would have caught easily and could have hurt Price but Price got the last out without a run coming in.  (And JD cost Sale a run on a fly ball in right during Sale's last road outing in Toronto that Mookie would have caught in his sleep but JD played back on it).  But the play you mention above with Jackie did not involve a fielding error and was "corrected" to reflect what truly happened.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just trade my 8th & 9th rounders for 3rd & 4th rounders before a game is even played?   Why didn't I think of that?

A trade master in a league filled with morons who would trade away deGrom and Seager is not a real trade master.

You need to find new leagues.   

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Is it really a complete disaster? Was thinking he might be a buy low target. If he's healthy, he's not that old. Injuries ruined him?

I bet he will be fine eventually. He's probably gonna cause a vomit inducing stat line but then he will rebound... I think. It's just my opinion and I have no stats to back up what I think.

I don't think he's truly healthy.

I watched his first two starts.   Command was outstanding.  Painting the black like a master.

Ever since he left the Yankees start with the hand numbness issue he's been garbage.

12 minutes ago, RAZRr1275 said:

Has anyone done a deep dive on him to see what's going on? Any reason for optimism other than that he's David Price and he used to be good?

See the post above.

I don't think he's healthy. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

See the post above.

I don't think he's healthy. 

Agreed. They should at least put him on the 10 day DL; he's going to get pummeled against the Yanks with the way he's been pitching lately. 

On 5/3/2018 at 8:59 PM, rlaalsrb said:

how do you figure? are you seeing something when watching him?

Commentators on Sox station (NESN) have been  saying his ball just has no zip on it right now.

On 5/3/2018 at 9:57 PM, ShowTyme said:

back to his old self they said should not have bought into the lies

I don't know who "they" are but I tried to warn you guys in this thread before this season. Even last year.  This guy is like the Siren that lured Ulysses into disaster.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:09 PM, Light Tower Power said:

Jalen Beeks time?

No.  But a convenient fake DL stint could give you either Hector Velaquez or Brian Johnson in his place.

On 5/3/2018 at 10:47 PM, absknicks said:

Next start at Yankee Stadium next week! Who's firing him up for that one? 

Hopefully my opponents, hah.  Yankees are his daddy.

In a sea of negativity, potential injuries and declining velos, I’m going to stay positive. 

It’s David Price! 

What seems obvious, never is. I bet he twirls a gem against NYY. 

Not that I’m starting him, geez. I’m bold not brave.