NBC Sports Edge Forums

David Price 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

26 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Cora stated after the game last night that he expects Price to rejoin the team after the New York series.... Put on your tin foil hats my friends, we got a conspiracy theory going on here.... Fake moon landings, Roswell and ufos,  and David Price having a fake injury just to avoid an opponent that owns him...

I actually wish that was the case but he got lit up by TB and Texas before that

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, just trade my 8th & 9th rounders for 3rd & 4th rounders before a game is even played?   Why didn't I think of that?

A trade master in a league filled with morons who would trade away deGrom and Seager is not a real trade master.

You need to find new leagues.   

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

The Carl Crawford of pitching

Two guys from the Rays that couldn't handle real big league baseball when the spotlights turned on.

Price so does NOT want to pitch in a big game he is making Clay Buchholz look like the master of big games by comparison.  Price should have signed for less with a team like say low pressure San Diego and gone and lived in Mellowsville.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Two guys from the Rays that couldn't handle real big league baseball when the spotlights turned on.

Price so does NOT want to pitch in a big game he is making Clay Buchholz look like the master of big games by comparison.  Price should have signed for less with a team like say low pressure San Diego and gone and lived in Mellowsville.

After he had to pitch out of the bullpen in the postseason right before FA buyers should have been running away.  It was a dumb move by BOS.

4 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

After he had to pitch out of the bullpen in the postseason right before FA buyers should have been running away.  It was a dumb move by BOS.

Actually he did good out of the bullpen.  Maybe that should be his new home.

In the event that he truly does have mild carpal tunnel (and he’s not just butthurt over facing the Yankees) I’m not exactly thrilled with the diagnosis. Even a case of mild carpal tunnel can cause a loss of grip strength, which for a pitcher can significantly affect his performance. Also, I  don’t see how he’ll have enough time to rest it sufficiently for it not to be a problem off and on for the rest of the season.

36 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

So in other words they were just bs-ing. :huh:

Yep, totally.

David Price has been diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome.

And it's a mild case, per manager Alex Cora, who called the diagnosis "good news." Price was scratched from his scheduled start Wednesday against the Yankees due to a recurrence of numbness in his left hand, but it sounds like he might avoid the disabled list. The 32-year-old southpaw holds a rough 5.11 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, and 32/16 K/BB ratio in 37 innings (seven starts) this season and he's been especially awful in his last three outings.

Source: Ian Browne on TwitterMay 9 - 2:        40 PM

This is what happens to your wrist when you decide to bail on the Yankee game and hole up all night playing solitaire on your computer instead.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Too much tweeting / texting, was that the diagnosis?

Either that, or too much wrist action wiping his eyes from crying (woah is me, Dennis Eckersley made fun of me, wahhhhh).   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Actually he did good out of the bullpen.  Maybe that should be his new home.

Yeah. A 30M per year fireman sounds about right for BOS. ?

I will say however, as someone who’s had carpal tunnel syndrome, it’s pretty annoying. Your fingers just go completely numb for extended periods of time. When i had it, my ring and pinky finger were pretty numb and tingly.

I can see it having an effect on his feel and control of his pitches. Hope the Boston media doesn’t have a field day with this seemingly laughably diagnosis 

39 minutes ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

I will say however, as someone who’s had carpal tunnel syndrome, it’s pretty annoying. Your fingers just go completely numb for extended periods of time. When i had it, my ring and pinky finger were pretty numb and tingly.

I can see it having an effect on his feel and control of his pitches. Hope the Boston media doesn’t have a field day with this seemingly laughably diagnosis 

How do you fix it?

20 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yep, totally.

This is what happens to your wrist when you decide to bail on the Yankee game and hole up all night playing solitaire on your computer instead.

They are saying too much Fortnite could have caused it. Figures 

Edited by HBEACH
  • Haha 1

Lol don't fall into the media trap. Some player probably mentioned playing Fortnite at some point, and Price coincidentally comes down with CTS, so naturally Boston media is going to attempt to connect the two cause it makes for a good headline.