NBC Sports Edge Forums

Blake Snell 2018 Outlook

Flyman75

7 minutes ago, Helms said:

19 k’s his last starts(12.1 ip) and only 2 runs allowed. 6 hits total. 

yeah and five walks. Dont get me wrong, its still under a 1.00 WHIP and he has been fantastic the last two starts, but your statement, while true, is a little misleading. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TXTaz said:

yeah and five walks. Dont get me wrong, its still under a 1.00 WHIP and he has been fantastic the last two starts, but your statement, while true, is a little misleading. 

No walks this game. 

On 4/24/2018 at 11:35 PM, terminator10 said:

Still starting him in Fenway. Snell is an ace.

Final test to "start every time"-dom for me. Passed on the Yankees and it was right.

If it was home I'd trust him, just not on the road at Fenway yet. Really hope he can pass it, 6 innings 3 runs there would be a big success.

His stuff looks great so far. He's got good velocity and been working a nasty change, showing some nice command.

Recently acquired him, but couldn't bring myself to start him tonight.  Bummed I may miss a good start, but will be thrilled going forward if he lights it up tonight.

What a performance. Not benching this young stud again.

Tampa Bay Rays starting pitcher Blake Snell earned his fourth win of the young season versus Boston Friday. He went 7 1/3 innings allowing two runs and striking out nine. He is now 4-1 with a 2.52 ERA on the season. Snell just recently turned 25 years old but already had 218 1/3 innings pitched in the majors going into 2018. The most obvious strength of Snell's young career was his 217 strikeouts coming into the season, showing that he is a power pitcher that can make a difference in fantasy lineups. Snell is more of a fourth or fifth fantasy starter with plenty of upside for fantasy.

Rotoworld's idiocy strikes again.

2 hours ago, rlaalsrb said:

It's not THAT ridiculous is it? Pitcherlist has him as the 33rd ranked pitcher, which is pretty much 4th starter. he has the upside of a SP2 but as it stands now he's more of a SP3/4 with upside.

Pitcherlist isn't updated to last night's game. Could easily see him leapfrogging a few guys to ~25ish..in which case he'd be a SP2/3. At this point I think that's a fair place with bonafide SP2 upside.

Just now, Jyeatbvg said:

Pitcherlist isn't updated to last night's game. Could easily see him leapfrogging a few guys to ~25ish..in which case he'd be a SP2/3. At this point I think that's a fair place with bonafide SP2 upside.

This. I consider him a top 25 SP ROS.

Archived