Carter Kieboom-SS-WSH

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Idk, I am betting Mrs. Maria Montalvo Sanchez --his mom-- is pretty stoked about the promo? Kieboom could prob handle it, but it's not an awful idea to have him get off to hopefully a fast start

your point is noted and most likely sound advice. no argument that tempering expectations is good practice with prospects. keep in mind, though, as of right now kieboom has the 7th highest wOBA i

LOL^ That was QUICK! Carter Kieboom headed to AA!

I haven’t looked at any prospect lists but Is Kieboom getting any love in 2019? 

He won the Nats minor league player of the year award. 

He hit .280/.357 with 18 homers and 9 steals. 

He started off really slow but caught fire. 

Edited by Under500Forever

Nationals GM Mike Rizzo stated  in November 2018 that they expect him to be up at some point in 2019. He also noted that Difo and Kendrick are going to split the 2B role going into the season. Kieboom had a great AFL and while I would have liked to have seen power,  it was nice seeing his OBP rebound from his short stint at AA Harrisburg to end the season. However, they have also been linked to Ian Kinsler and Brian Dozier. Pair that with their off-season moves and one would have to assume they would prefer the added insurance at 2B for one more year if they find someone willing to sign a 1 year deal. Lowrie would probably make more sense over Dozier. 

Unless he tears it up I think we may have a little longer  (2020) to wait than anticipated.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, thejamman said:

Nationals GM Mike Rizzo stated  in November 2018 that they expect him to be up at some point in 2019. He also noted that Difo and Kendrick are going to split the 2B role going into the season. Kieboom had a great AFL and while I would have liked to have seen power,  it was nice seeing his OBP rebound from his short stint at AA Harrisburg to end the season. However, they have also been linked to Ian Kinsler and Brian Dozier. Pair that with their off-season moves and one would have to assume they would prefer the added insurance at 2B for one more year if they find someone willing to sign a 1 year deal. Lowrie would probably make more sense over Dozier. 

Unless he tears it up I think we may have a little longer  (2020) to wait than anticipated.

Don't forget DJ LeMahieu.  He'd be a great 2 hitter.  

4 hours ago, thejamman said:

This what I'm thinking too. It's probably 1 more year of seasoning in the minors for 2019. Depending on the playoff chase for the Nats, he may be a late callup in September.

3 hours ago, thejamman said:

He would, but considering how close Kieboom is and the contract D.J. is aiming for they just aren't a match. I'd be surprised anyways. 

Don't forget Rendon is about to be a FA and I believe Boras is his agent.

14 hours ago, thejamman said:

He would, but considering how close Kieboom is and the contract D.J. is aiming for they just aren't a match. I'd be surprised anyways. 

That and the pretty aggressive amount of cash they have already burned this year...

They might (like the brewers and others) wait out the large 2B FA market until late and make a value play on whomever remains...but I doubt it's anyone who will block Carter if he continues to grow.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:41 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

That and the pretty aggressive amount of cash they have already burned this year...

They might (like the brewers and others) wait out the large 2B FA market until late and make a value play on whomever remains...but I doubt it's anyone who will block Carter if he continues to grow.

Well they are still willing to shell out over 300m to Harper this offseason.  I'd assume if he didn't sign they would spend some of that money on holes in the roster.

• 2 months later...

Is anyone keeping an eye on Kieboom this spring? I don’t put much stock in spring stats but he’s been hitting pretty well. 

.364 (8-22) with 3 homers and 8 RBI. He hit 2 homers off of verlander today. 

Hopefully he continues to hit in the minors and maybe he gets called up later this season for a cup of coffee. 

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Is anyone keeping an eye on Kieboom this spring? I don’t put much stock in spring stats but he’s been hitting pretty well. 

.364 (8-22) with 3 homers and 8 RBI. He hit 2 homers off of verlander today. 

Hopefully he continues to hit in the minors and maybe he gets called up later this season for a cup of coffee. 

I am grabbing him.  Lerner doesn't care about ST implications as much as most owners.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, STLSU said:

I am grabbing him.  Lerner doesn't care about ST implications as much as most owners.  

True, but where does he play?  SS is Turner, 2b is Dozier.  Lerner usually doesn't call up a prospect to have them sit either.  Nats usually at least wait for an injury.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, daynlokki said:

True, but where does he play?  SS is Turner, 2b is Dozier.  Lerner usually doesn't call up a prospect to have them sit either.  Nats usually at least wait for an injury.

I agree, I don’t see a spot for him to play unless there is an injury. He may get a cup of Coffee later in the year unless he’s mashing and/or there is an injury. 

2 Hrs off of Verlander opens my eyes.  I'm buying shares of him where I can.  Like those mentioned above, I don't see a path to the Nats in '19, at least before September, but if he goes down to AA and starts raking and there is an injury then he may make the case for his debut.  In any event, he's looked real good this Spring and his bat should play at 2B/3B should Turner remain healthy and block him there.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Where would he play? Barring injury, I mean. 

Injury or trade maybe needed, or poor play at the keystone.  Also Rendon is a free agent after this year so he may see innings at 3B in AAA.

Edited by STLSU
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

by RotoWire Staff
(57 mins ago) Kieboom will open the season at Triple-A Fresno, Byron Kerr of MASN Sports reports.

A shortstop by trade, Kieboom is expected to see time at both middle-infield spots in his first taste of Triple-A. Though he only managed five home runs in 273 plate appearances at Double-A Harrisburg a season ago, Kieboom still projects as an impact bat who's capable of providing at least respectable power production to go along with a decent average in peak years. If he's able to hold his own at the plate in Fresno, he should debut with the Nationals at some point in 2019.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WTP333 said:

Keep an eye on the Trea Turner developing situation...

you just beat me to the thread.  Feel for the Turner owners here, but as a Kiaboom lottery ticket holder you could be in store for an unexpected promotion.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

you just beat me to the thread.  Feel for the Turner owners here, but as a Kiaboom lottery ticket holder you could be in store for an unexpected promotion.

Maybe. Or they just go with Difo if Trea is out for a while    Tbd