NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

SharkSwimmer

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Scherff and Lauvao (the two starting guards) out for the season, Trent Williams still out for another 3 games at least... not good news for AP.  Morgan Moses was banged up Sunday as well, although appears to have avoided major injury. In one week the Skins went from a borderline Top 5 O-line to likely one of the worst.  They had 8 holding penalties on Sunday after the injuries that negated several chunk gains by AP.

They did sign two replacement guards today but I’m not familiar with their pedigree.

The Skins are cursed... I blame Dan Snyder.

Bruh......8!!!!!???!!!!

I was tuning back and forth and just never really watched any huge chunks of the game. I don't recall ever seeing a team with 8 holding penalties in one game. WOW!

Great OLine once again falling apart due to injury. Could be rough for AD rest of season. I still think he will run well though. He has the ability to break tackles and take it to the house on his own still. Just going to be more difficult.

I think he remains an RB2 ROS barring injury.

9 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Bruh......8!!!!!???!!!!

I was tuning back and forth and just never really watched any huge chunks of the game. I don't recall ever seeing a team with 8 holding penalties in one game. WOW!

So I have to correct myself... I just went back and checked, and it was 5 holding penalties on the Redskins side (still awful).  The announcers said 8 during the game but that must have been both teams combined.  I know for a fact a couple of them wiped out double-digit yard gains by AP, including a big screen pass pickup.  

10 penalties for 147 yards all together, 7 on the offense.  It’s really hard to move the ball when you’re making mistakes like that.

8 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

So I have to correct myself... I just went back and checked, and it was 5 holding penalties on the Redskins side (still awful).  The announcers said 8 during the game but that must have been both teams combined.  I know for a fact a couple of them wiped out double-digit yard gains by AP, including a big screen pass pickup.  

10 penalties for 147 yards all together, 7 on the offense.  It’s really hard to move the ball when you’re making mistakes like that.

Good info. Does explain a lot. This is terrible news especially with Alex Smith under center. Andy Reid obviously kept his career alive for this long.

Next three games don't look bad. @TB, HOU, @DAL (He ran for 99 yds against them in week 7)....but he has a healthy O-line lol....

10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Good info. Does explain a lot. This is terrible news especially with Alex Smith under center. Andy Reid obviously kept his career alive for this long.

Next three games don't look bad. @TB, HOU, @DAL (He ran for 99 yds against them in week 7)....but he has a healthy O-line lol....

I think a week for the new line to mesh will improve things a bit. It’s tough when you lose 3 guys on the first 2 drives of the game (Moses was out for a while too before returning later). It was always going to be hard to replace Trent after mid-week thumb surgery.

They won’t be nearly as good as they were with their pro-bowl guard and tackle, but hopefully they can put in a serviceable performance against the Bucs.

Chiefs vs Broncos game Lindsay had 5 or 6 long runs called back from holding calls, its Brutal but after seeing the replay the hold did assist the yardage. It will turn your BellCow into a cowbell. 

20 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

I am in flex. TB is 29th vs the run. hopefully WAS has improved from last week.

It will ultimately come down to game script. The last three backs did relatively well against the Bucs including Mixon, Chubb and McCaffrey. Each scored a TD as well. The big problem here is the fact that these teams were either leading or kept it extremely competitive where they did not have to abandon the running game. Over the last three games, the opposition has averaged 34 points. The Bucs have averaged nearly 30 points. The Redskins average about 20 points per game on the season and may be 4 offensive lineman short this game.

Ideally, you hope that the Redskins defense shows up and limits Tampa Bay's air raid attack. If so, despite having a banged up O-line, Peterson will be able to run wild. However, just like we saw against Atlanta, if Fitz comes out and light up the scoreboard in the first half, it could be a long day for us Peterson owners because I'm not confident in Alex Smith winning a shoot out against Fitz.

• 2 weeks later...

OL is a major issue, but I do think Colt McCoy may boost him slightly.  Gruden will probably employ a bit of read option, and Colt is a capable backup; he knows Jay’s offense and will be able to execute.

McCoy will probably make more mistakes than Smith (ironic to say after that soul-crushing pick 6 on Sunday...🤦🏻‍♂️), but I don’t think the offense will be any worse off in terms of gaining yards.

15 hours ago, CallMeBrady said:

startable this week?

15 hours ago, LongBalls said:

I'd say yes based purely on volume. I dunno how else Washington is going to move the ball.

startable depends on your lineup. i'd start AP over alex collins, ito smith, frank gore, lamar miller, dion lewis, duke johnson, jalen richard, derrick henry,

it's tougher to make the decision AP vs shady, jordan howard, chris carson, gus edwards. out of these guys, i'm ranking them

1) chris carson

2) gus edwards

3) AP

4) jordan howard

if snacks harrison sits (he's been limited in practice all week), that might give jordan howard the boost over AP. i'm not loving the washington o-line with the injuries, and i'm thinking AP's TDs last week were lucky-ish. vs howard, AP will have the clear touches advantage. howard could be game-script dependent, but it feels like we've been saying that all season and he's tough to figure out.

fantasypros expert consensus has them like this:

Sony Michel NE

at NYJ

Tevin Coleman ATL

at NO

Adrian Peterson WAS

at DAL

Gus Edwards BAL

vs. OAK

Lamar Miller HOU

vs. TEN

Jordan Howard CHI

at DET

Chris Carson SEA

at CAR

Josh Adams PHI

vs. NYG

Dion Lewis TEN

at HOU

with the way carson has been running, the way carolina's run D looked last week, and with seattle's prewritten rush-script, i can't see how experts place carson below howard and miller, but overall carson has received poor pregame ranks throughout the season. i would also expect josh adams higher.

everyone with AP insights should be weighing in

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

startable depends on your lineup. i'd start AP over alex collins, ito smith, frank gore, lamar miller, dion lewis, duke johnson, jalen richard, derrick henry,

it's tougher to make the decision AP vs shady, jordan howard, chris carson, gus edwards. out of these guys, i'm ranking them

1) chris carson

2) gus edwards

3) AP

4) jordan howard

if snacks harrison sits (he's been limited in practice all week), that might give jordan howard the boost over AP. i'm not loving the washington o-line with the injuries, and i'm thinking AP's TDs last week were lucky-ish. vs howard, AP will have the clear touches advantage. howard could be game-script dependent, but it feels like we've been saying that all season and he's tough to figure out.

fantasypros expert consensus has them like this:

Sony Michel NE

at NYJ

Tevin Coleman ATL

at NO

Adrian Peterson WAS

at DAL

Gus Edwards BAL

vs. OAK

Lamar Miller HOU

vs. TEN

Jordan Howard CHI

at DET

Chris Carson SEA

at CAR

Josh Adams PHI

vs. NYG

Dion Lewis TEN

at HOU

with the way carson has been running, the way carolina's run D looked last week, and with seattle's prewritten rush-script, i can't see how experts place carson below howard and miller, but overall carson has received poor pregame ranks throughout the season. i would also expect josh adams higher.

everyone with AP insights should be weighing in.

Nice write up. 👌🏻

Archived