NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

SharkSwimmer

4 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I had ADP in no leagues last year and won't this year. You have poor reading comprehension skills and I'm not into talking to walls, so agree to disagree

This is the post by you I was referring to.  As usual, you tried to troll me, and I owned you like there is no tomorrow.  Perhaps you should quit while you are behind.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This is the post by you I was referring to.  As usual, you tried to troll me, and I owned you like there is no tomorrow.  Perhaps you should quit while you are behind.

I don't even know what you are talking about at this point.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

That just shows your not that bright.  Once again find any website that has anything that refers to Peterson as ADP.   Just google Adrian Peterson nickname and comes right up as AD.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=_OJzWu6TKM66jwOr94PgDQ&q=adrian+peterson+nickname&oq=adrian+peterson+nic&gs_l=psy-ab.3.1.35i39k1j0l3j0i22i30k1l4.21056.21793.0.23811.4.4.0.0.0.0.139.410.3j1.4.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.405...0i67k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263k1j0i10k1.0.FDj3zKi4SMA

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I don't even know what you are talking about at this point.

You may not, but I suspect everyone else does.

Why does this thread exist?  No one should be drafting AP.

He’s not a starter.  He’s not a stash.

He’s no longer AD, he’s OD (Old Dog) and NO he can’t be taught new tricks.  He can’t block or catch...

He should be out of the league.  NFL teams should be prospecting UDFA rather than wasting a roster spot with AP.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:32 AM, seanismorris said:

Why does this thread exist?  No one should be drafting AP.

He’s not a starter.  He’s not a stash.

He’s no longer AD, he’s OD (Old Dog) and NO he can’t be taught new tricks.  He can’t block or catch...

He should be out of the league.  NFL teams should be prospecting UDFA rather than wasting a roster spot with AP.

He can't catch? 

Guess we haven't watched the same NFL player. 

The Adrian Peterson hate has just become stupid at this point. 

250+ receptions 

2000+ yards

I highly doubt you'll find anyone here that says Adrian Peterson should be drafted within first 12 rounds of any draft in any format. 

No one knows if and what his situation will be next year at this point. I believe it's 65 / 35 he's on an NFL roster and if the 65 comes through I think he's purely a handcuff. His draft value for me would be right around guys like Jalen Richard or Shane Vereen. 

People trying to break the news like he shouldn't be drafted should understand you don't know anything that everyone else doesn't know, but some of the bigger leagues could use a handcuff like him. 

Should we all go in the Shane Vereen thread and start saying things like "no one should be drafting this guy" and talking to walls also? 

Fair enough.  Peterson had a rough time finding a team last season, and with that neck injury and being a year older, he will likely have an even tougher time finding a squad in 2018.  Maybe the Jets if they move on from Forte?  Cowboys would be a nice landing spot, as we.

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He can't catch? 

Guess we haven't watched the same NFL player. 

The Adrian Peterson hate has just become stupid at this point. 

250+ receptions 

2000+ yards

The two things AD has always been lacking is receiving skills and pass blocking.  Its the reason for most of his career he got pulled on passing downs.

30 minutes ago, youngrice said:

The two things AD has always been lacking is receiving skills and pass blocking.  Its the reason for most of his career he got pulled on passing downs.

And that made Peterson a curious signing for the Saints, although they certainly ran of a lot of yards in 2017.  Peterson's strengths are not really suited to the evolving NFL.

9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And that made Peterson a curious signing for the Saints, although they certainly ran of a lot of yards in 2017.  Peterson's strengths are not really suited to the evolving NFL.

Exactly.  He's kind of like the Big Man that can't shoot in todays NBA.

On 2/1/2018 at 10:24 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Adrian Peterson had more fantasy relevant games than David Johnson last year. 

10 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Exactly.  He's kind of like the Big Man that can't shoot in todays NBA.

And every RB on my roster was better than AP.

AP hasn’t been close to 4 ave the last 3 teams (2 years) he’s played.  If a running back isn’t putting up at least 4 running, he better be contributing as a blocker or in the passing game.

AP isn’t worth a roster spot in the NFL let alone on someone’s fantasy team.  Anyone that drafts him is living in the past.

I’m not sure where the Shane Vereen comment came from... he’s a completely different player.  But at no point in 2017 (12 person PPR) was he on anyone’s fantasy roster.  He was on the Giants. You cuff your studs.  Who was the “stud” RB on the Giants?

Case of point, Shane Vereen completely irrelevant in fantasy (except week 1, where he had unsustainable volume).

Adrian Peterson said he wants to play for four more years.

Peterson will turn 33 in March and is likely to be released from the Cardinals this offseason. Playing another four years would be a tall feat for an aging running back with over 2,500 rushing attempts coming off a season-ending neck injury. Peterson will likely be an early-down back for a new team in 2018.

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Any NFL team that brings him in doesn’t know what they’re doing. 

Any fantasy team that drafts him doesn’t know what they’re doing. 

Its not splitting the atom. 

I wonder what odds I could get on him signing for the vet minimum in Dallas? 

Adrian Peterson thinks he can play "four or five more years."

Peterson will turn 33 in March and is likely to be released from the Cardinals this offseason. Playing another four years would be a tall feat for an aging running back with over 2,500 rushing attempts and coming off a season-ending neck injury. Peterson will likely be an early-down back for a new team in 2018.

Peterson is delusional.  He's going full Clinton Portis on us.
9 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Adrian Peterson thinks he can play "four or five more years."

Peterson will turn 33 in March and is likely to be released from the Cardinals this offseason. Playing another four years would be a tall feat for an aging running back with over 2,500 rushing attempts and coming off a season-ending neck injury. Peterson will likely be an early-down back for a new team in 2018.

Peterson is delusional.  He's going full Clinton Portis on us.

Better start calling XFL teams.

11 minutes ago, petekrum said:

You don’t want him, even if he was playing for free.

You're right, I don't.   But I'm not Jerry and in love with the splashy name signings.  

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

Peterson will turn 33 in March and is likely to be released from the Cardinals this offseason. Playing another four years would be a tall feat for an aging running back with over 2,500 rushing attempts coming off a season-ending neck injury. Peterson will likely be an early-down back for a new team in 2018.

I want to win the lottery.  Think I have a better chance of winning

Probably not worth a shot in the draft but depending where he goes he might be a decent FA pickup in season with all the injuries that happen every year at RB.

I think there will be at least one team to take a shot as long as the contract is friendly 

5 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

“They” say it was a season-ending neck injury, but obviously it was to many blows to the head.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived