NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

SharkSwimmer

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we'll take him in dallas if he comes cheap. i hope elliott doesnt push to hard next year to over compensate for his lost time in 17? could cause injury problems you just never know. but if pushed into an emergency service, peterson could work in dallas.......as a breather-handcuff to elliott. when peterson got the carries in the couple of games he played in arz.....he produced. if he was to get 20 carries in a dallas style offense he could succeed.....i wouldnt draft him high, but as a flyer at the end of the draft if he was on say dallas......yeah you bet i'd take him over a kicker or somebody like ben vereen.

10 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

we'll take him in dallas if he comes cheap. i hope elliott doesnt push to hard next year to over compensate for his lost time in 17? could cause injury problems you just never know. but if pushed into an emergency service, peterson could work in dallas.......as a breather-handcuff to elliott. when peterson got the carries in the couple of games he played in arz.....he produced. if he was to get 20 carries in a dallas style offense he could succeed.....i wouldnt draft him high, but as a flyer at the end of the draft if he was on say dallas......yeah you bet i'd take him over a kicker or somebody like ben vereen.

I see your point, but I’d think Dallas had enough of trotting out washed up RBs like McFadden and Morris last year when Zeke was out. This RB class is loaded and deep, I think they would be best served using a day 3 pick and bringing in a young guy with actual upside to play behind Zeke.

On 2/4/2018 at 5:54 AM, petekrum said:

I see your point, but I’d think Dallas had enough of trotting out washed up RBs like McFadden and Morris last year when Zeke was out. This RB class is loaded and deep, I think they would be best served using a day 3 pick and bringing in a young guy with actual upside to play behind Zeke.

There's a LOT of day 3 RBs that everyone seems to think just exist in droves every draft that can immediately produce.

I get that the average age in this forum is 18 years old and everyone here thinks once you turn 30 you are a cane carrying worthless human, but the reality is more of these day 3 RBs get their name called and you never hear it again.

The hate for this guy is unreal.  No one is telling anyone here to reach for him in the first 12 rounds.  Everyone here is just kicking a dead horse at this point.

He's got 99 career rushing TDs.  I expect him to do what it takes to hit 100.

On ‎3‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 4:05 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

He can't catch? 

Guess we haven't watched the same NFL player. 

The Adrian Peterson hate has just become stupid at this point. 

250+ receptions 

2000+ yards

250+ receptions in over 130 games. A whopping 1.9 catches/game for his career.

Just because someone occasionally catches a ball doesn't make him good at catching the ball.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

There's a LOT of day 3 RBs that everyone seems to think just exist in droves every draft that can immediately produce.

I get that the average age in this forum is 18 years old and everyone here thinks once you turn 30 you are a cane carrying worthless human, but the reality is more of these day 3 RBs get their name called and you never hear it again.

The hate for this guy is unreal.  No one is telling anyone here to reach for him in the first 12 rounds.  Everyone here is just kicking a dead horse at this point.

He'll have to find a team, first.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I doubt he ends up on a well run team, but there are plenty of garbage franchises out there.

I have a cheesy saying I use from time to time:   "Fantasy Football success is 50% opportunity"

To discount any running back that has an opportunity is a mistake.  Now, naturally there's no argument for Peterson to be a high pick for anyone, even if he appears to be starting next season.  But DND?  If he is set to get 20 carries, i don't care where it is, he's a RB3 or 4 on volume alone.   He's good enough to plod to a few 100 yard games and get TD's now and then in the right place, and that type of player is ideal as a back end of the roster guy.  The key is, will he GET that opportunity.   

If I'm an NFL GM, I dont touch him, because I think Peterson is the last guy who's going to realize he's not close to his former All Pro self, and you have to deal with the fallout when he's not anointed the team's offensive centerpiece.   Its not worth it to deal with that noise (as Sean Payton learned) when you can equal his production with most of the current RB's in the league.   

There's a great quote I can't locate right now about Michael Jordan-  a coach he had late in his career (Doug Collins?) discussed how frustrating it was to handle Jordan once father time caught up to him.  His body wasn't the same, but in Jordan's mind, he was still an unstoppable force, and his failure to accept this led to friction and brought the team down.   That's how I view Peterson right now- a guy who completely lacks self-awareness

On 2/4/2018 at 5:54 AM, petekrum said:

i dont think even jerry would spend alot of money on peterson, but out of curious need for a backup he could bring him in for a look at least..... he has alot of respect for adrian, and may sign him just in case something like a david johnson thing would happen to elliott???? just a hunch.......but i do see jerry also drafting another young kid in the draft to add depth and competition at the spot?   murray if i recall was a 3rd rnder?..smith has shown a few things, but not a workhorse profile. a bigger kid, which there are a few in the draft...say bo scarboro? in the 3rd to add depth? but i am interested in the peterson situation and i think jerry will be too.

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

If your a fan of a team that decides to give AP a chance, you’re a fan of a poorly run team, it’s that simple.

What is with the AD hate? He is one of the best RB's ever. I just want to see him continue to run well, don't really care about his fantasy potential.

I think he would be a good fit for Carolina and pounding it on early downs like they do with JStew. Think AD has more in the tank than JStew at this point. CMC doesn't have it between the tackles.

Peterson's 16 game pace in Arizona would have been 1371 yards from scrimmage and 5 tds.  Some of his games there were pretty ugly though.

I'm thinking somebody will sign him for the minimum if he is willing to play for that.

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

Peterson's 16 game pace in Arizona would have been 1371 yards from scrimmage and 5 tds.  Some of his games there were pretty ugly though.

I'm thinking somebody will sign him for the minimum if he is willing to play for that.

All things considered (the crappy ARI oline, the qb situation) he ran well. 

I see a couple of issues though:

- system fit.   He needs to be where the qb is under center.   He starts deeper in the backfield than any other rb I can remember. 

- role.  He isn't much of a pass catcher these days so he's really a two down hammer.

- his ego.  Is he willing to take a reduced role?

- his health.

5 minutes ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Could AP be another Patriots retread, possibly?  They do love their vets.  Or maybe Seahawks?

The Patriots make sense. But AD has always had a fumbling issue. I don't know how much Belichick would like that. He could easily fill their Blount role in the rotation. But Blount might also be available in FA.

How much does Brady play from under center these days?

If the Patriots let Dion Lewis become a free agent and signs Adrian Peterson instead, we will finally know for sure that Belichick is intentionally tanking it.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

If the Patriots let Dion Lewis become a free agent and signs Adrian Peterson instead, we will finally know for sure that Belichick is intentionally tanking it.

Besides the fumbling issue, why? AD ran well in Arizona despite the poor OL and lack of a QB. Heck they even lack receivers outside of Fitz.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived