NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

SharkSwimmer

42 minutes ago, devaster said:

Besides the fumbling issue, why? AD ran well in Arizona despite the poor OL and lack of a QB. Heck they even lack receivers outside of Fitz.

Is that a serious question?  If so, I would start by reading this thread from the beginning.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, devaster said:

Dodge away.

I started this thread.  In this thread, I argue that Peterson is washed up and worthless despite his big name.  Hence, my referring you to this entire thread.  It was not my intention to dodge your question.

On 14/02/2018 at 8:04 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I started this thread.  In this thread, I argue that Peterson is washed up and worthless despite his big name.  Hence, my referring you to this entire thread.  It was not my intention to dodge your question.

the fever must be strong if you put worthless and AP in the same sentence. Worse HB than him have been employed in RB needy team and he has been serviceable in arizona's offense despite all the difficulties. But he got to accept he won't be a lead back though

1 hour ago, egolam said:

the fever must be strong if you put worthless and AP in the same sentence. Worse HB than him have been employed in RB needy team and he has been serviceable in arizona's offense despite all the difficulties. But he got to accept he won't be a lead back though

Not only will Anot accept the fact that he won't be a lead back, he probably thinks he should be making about $10 million per year or so.

10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Not only will Anot accept the fact that he won't be a lead back, he probably thinks he should be making about $10 million per year or so.

A lot of assumptions.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:24 AM, devaster said:

Besides the fumbling issue, why? AD ran well in Arizona despite the poor OL and lack of a QB. Heck they even lack receivers outside of Fitz.

3.5 yards per carry isn't exactly running well

53 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

3.5 yards per carry isn't exactly running well

In this case the stats are deceiving.  I thought he was outstanding breaking tackles and trying to carry the offense given the oline, qb, etc. 

Not saying I'd sign him but I thought he ran well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2018 at 9:49 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Move along everyone. Draft 2 kickers and 3 backup QBs. 

Then when AP finds himself in the end zone at some point in the season be ready to hit this thread with the magic word. 

"Fluke" 

He won't find his way into the end zone without a press pass. Time for AP to "switch" careers and go back to work on his parenting skills. Quit abusing his legacy.

But seriously, if he loves the game and identifies himself through it then it's his right to keep going. Time to humble himself though. 

• 2 months later...

Now Peterson is saying he would be a great fit in Houston playing for the Texans.  Also, Green Bay.  Finally, the Los Angeles Rams.

One too many hard knocks to the bean, I deem.  

He Cray.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Now Peterson is saying he would be a great fit in Houston playing for the Texans.  Also, Green Bay.  Finally, the Los Angeles Rams.

One too many hard knocks to the bean, I deem.  

He Cray.

It’s kind of sad AP doesn’t realize his career is over...

There's no reason at all for GB to sign him.  He's not giving them anything at all that Aaron Jones or Jamaal Williams can't do right now.    They'd get pedestrian stats from Peterson for one season, and potentially stunt the growth of these kids, who have shown some promise.  

Pederson in GB is a really poor fit considering how much the offense lines up out of the shotgun. Pederson is an I-back formation type of RB that runs behind a FB. Not many teams do that any more. Maybe he would be a good fit in Oakland if Gruden is going old school with his running game like that. Lynch and Pederson were also in the same draft class.

He could be a good fit in Carolina I think, but they already signed CJA.

34 minutes ago, devaster said:

Peterson in GB is a really poor fit considering how much the offense lines up out of the shotgun. Peterson is an I-back formation type of RB that runs behind a FB. Not many teams do that any more. Maybe he would be a good fit in Oakland if Gruden is going old school with his running game like that. Lynch and Peterson were also in the same draft class.

He could be a good fit in Carolina I think, but they already signed CJA.

Sigh... Peterson. Getting confused with Doug Pederson coaching my team.

9 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Hed be their 3rd or 4th best RB.

I'd rather have AD over their current 3 RB's if they were running an offensive scheme that fit Peterson's skillset. None of the GB RB's are good.

4 hours ago, devaster said:

I'd rather have AD over their current 3 RB's if they were running an offensive scheme that fit Peterson's skillset. None of the GB RB's are good.

To each his own.

5 hours ago, devaster said:

Why would any team want to do that? AP has been washed up for a while. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived