NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

SharkSwimmer

12 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Why would any team want to do that? AP has been washed up for a while. 

I thought I came across a stat that had him near the top of the league for yac or missed/broken tackles per carry last year.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

They're also hosting Jamaal Charles, who I like better.

A healthy JC is tough to argue against. This is a scheme that suits AD though. And Washington has a top tier OLine when it is healthy. Just have to wonder how much AD still has left. He is a freak of nature physically, but have his skills eroded? I saw some spark last season in AZ before the injury.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

A healthy JC is tough to argue against. This is a scheme that suits AD though. And Washington has a top tier OLine when it is healthy. Just have to wonder how much AD still has left. He is a freak of nature physically, but have his skills eroded? I saw some spark last season in AZ before the injury.

Question for you... because I never understood it last year.

AP was traded from NO to AZ... and for two(?) weeks... he looked like his former self. They were saying they were building plays around his skillset.... and then after 2 weeks of very very good Fantasy Production... he fell off.

Was that due to an injury? If so, why didn't he return to his old form after he healed? Was it a particularly tricky Injury for an RB?

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Gotta remember, JC and Alex Smith have a lot of history. Odds probably in JC’s favor

3 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Question for you... because I never understood it last year.

AP was traded from NO to AZ... and for two(?) weeks... he looked like his former self. They were saying they were building plays around his skillset.... and then after 2 weeks of very very good Fantasy Production... he fell off.

Was that due to an injury? If so, why didn't he return to his old form after he healed? Was it a particularly tricky Injury for an RB?

I watched him on TNF and before the game Bobby Wagner said I gurantee Peterson won't beat us and Zona let him run into a wall damm near every 1st and 2nd down then subbed him out on 3rd down somewhere to the tune of like 20 carries for 30 yards. With better talent around him on the oline, QB (in this game Stanton was QB), total amount of WR's plus 2 deep ball jump ball threats in Richardson and Doctson he could be worth a flier

20 hours ago, devaster said:

Thought JC ran well last year too. Surprised he’s still unsigned. 

13 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

DeMarco Murray is the better fit for Washington offense. Better pass blocker, better receiver. Sets up the play action to get Smith room to throw his check down game.

I disagree.  Last year, DeMarco looked like he was running in mud.  He's not setting up, any play action.  

50 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Thought JC ran well last year too. Surprised he’s still unsigned. 

I think it has to do with the price tag and the large supply of replacement level backs.

Veteran minimum is close to $800k I think.

Is JC going to be 4 or 5 times as productive as some 3rd year practice squad player?  Because that's how much more he's going to cost.

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

AP is what, 32,  33? Frank gores 35 and on a team. AP was, is, and always will be better than frank gore 

Frank Gore never relied on elite explosiveness to move the chains. He can still play the style he always has. It might have something to do with it.

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

bump Smiff and and the passing game way the eff up ... the amount of 2nd and 9s, 3rd and 8s the Washington Indigenous Peoples are gonna see will be aplenty, at least for the four/five weeks before AP is released. 

To be fair it isn't really a downgrade. Not an upgrade, either.

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Can't wait to make fun of whatever sap drafts this guy. 

I would take a flier on him as RB4.  There's opportunity there.  If he has anything at all left in the tank (which I doubt), he could produce low risk value. 

2 minutes ago, Chardo said:

I would take a flier on him as RB4.  There's opportunity there.  If he has anything at all left in the tank (which I doubt), he could produce low risk value. 

Someone will overdraft him. Only a matter of time...

7 minutes ago, Chardo said:

"if you can't spot the sucker at the table after thirty minutes, then you're the sucker"

don't do it, amigo

Archived