NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adrian Peterson 2018 Outlook

SharkSwimmer

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am coming up on picks 15.14 and 16.01 in my 14 team best-ball (slow email draft). But we're currently on pick 15.13. If the owner doesn't know or doesn't want AP, I can snag him. I'm thinking no matter what you think about AP and what he's got left in the tank, I literally have to take him at 15.14.

At least it is a scheme fit for AD. Washington has a good OLine when healthy. I think he is better than a healthy Perine and Kelley at this point. I don't have any idea of stat projections, but he would be a solid RB4. Potentially flex territory. Depends how much his ADP rises based on name alone.

7 minutes ago, devaster said:

At least it is a scheme fit for AD. Washington has a good OLine when healthy. I think he is better than a healthy Perine and Kelley at this point. I don't have any idea of stat projections, but he would be a solid RB4. Potentially flex territory. Depends how much his ADP rises based on name alone.

I picked him up for this reason.  If you play in a deeper league with no quality backups on the wire, he's worth a shot for potential insurance.  I have no high hopes for him, but I picked him up in a league where the highest percentage unowned available RB is like Demarco Murrary.

Pass on AP, it's time to let go maybe you get 1 big game out of him and the rest of the weeks he is eating up ur roster spot that can be used for guys who get hot and move into elite status.

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Pass on AP, it's time to let go maybe you get 1 big game out of him and the rest of the weeks he is eating up ur roster spot that can be used for guys who get hot and move into elite status.

this.  x infinity. 

would much rather snag a Conner or Yeldon or Ivory or  Rod Smith or the kid Kelley (Rams) - guys i don't have to worry about "spot starting", but who can deliver beaucoup pointage if thrust into the limelight due to injury/suspension/other assorted hijinks/chicanery monkey shines. 

gimme one of the ilk i sourced over this buffoon any damn day of the week, and a bajillion times on draft night.  

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this.  x infinity. 

would much rather snag a Conner or Yeldon or Ivory or  Rod Smith or the kid Kelley (Rams) - guys i don't have to worry about "spot starting", but who can deliver beaucoup pointage if thrust into the limelight due to injury/suspension/other assorted hijinks/chicanery monkey shines. 

gimme one of the ilk i sourced over this buffoon any damn day of the week, and a bajillion times on draft night.  

I don't understand this line of thinking. AD is going to be the clear starter. He will get the bulk of the early down carries. I can understand wanting to roster sleepers over him, but not mediocre handcuffs that only see playing time if the starter goes down.

42 minutes ago, Valhalla74 said:

If you're Perine or fat Rob, you must feel like garbage right now lol

Why? They've lost 2 RBs in the last couple weeks. Makes sense they would add someone for depth. 

late mid round pick for me. i'll roll the dice at that point for a starting running back regardless of what hi s name is. 

18 minutes ago, devaster said:

I don't understand this line of thinking. AD is going to be the clear starter. He will get the bulk of the early down carries. I can understand wanting to roster sleepers over him, but not mediocre handcuffs that only see playing time if the starter goes down.

i like this line of thinking keeps his adp down so that he is an actual value to draft. otherwise he turns into a risk

I wouldn't draft him unless it was a steal. Last round. However,  I've already drafted in some leagues, I picked him up in all the leagues I had a spot. Not expecting much, but worth the flier if you drafted already. 

37 minutes ago, devaster said:

every RB i cited will outscore AP this year, both ppr and std. 

and Alex Smiff will have more rushing TDs.  

HTH

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

every RB i cited will outscore AP this year, both ppr and std. 

and Alex Smiff will have more rushing TDs.  

HTH

You are predicting quite a number of injuries.

Archived