NBC Sports Edge Forums

Another keeper help........

16 team league with R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS & K, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, WHIP. I won the league last year so looking to repeat so any help is appreciated. We can keep anywhere from 0 to 10

Greg Bird
Nolan Arenado
Did Gregorius
Delino Deshields
Michael Taylor
Gregory Polanco
Starling Marte
Miguel Sano
Odubel Herrera
Brandon Belt

Stephan Strasburg
Carlos Carrasco
Trevor Bauer
Zack Godley
Kevin Gausman
Edwin Diaz
Ken Giles

I'm thinking Arenado, Marte, Sano, Strasburg and Carrasco are no brainers so that leaves me with 5 more spots. Gregorius, Polanco, Giles, Diaz and one more pitcher I guess. I also have Acuna, Brinson, Calhoun, Luis Castillo, Glasnow, Gohara on my farm ready to promote this year too.

I like the way you are thinking, and Godley and Bauer interest me. With your farm I might actually keep both and throw Polanco back because you have Acuna and Calhoun who will both be up for almost the whole year. Just something to consider.

4 hours ago, Oogleflorp said:

16 team league with R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS & K, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, WHIP. I won the league last year so looking to repeat so any help is appreciated. We can keep anywhere from 0 to 10

Greg Bird
Nolan Arenado
Did Gregorius

Delino Deshields
Michael Taylor
Gregory Polanco
Starling Marte
Miguel Sano
Odubel Herrera
Brandon Belt

Stephan Strasburg
Carlos Carrasco

Trevor Bauer
Zack Godley
Kevin Gausman
Edwin Diaz
Ken Giles

I'm thinking Arenado, Marte, Sano, Strasburg and Carrasco are no brainers so that leaves me with 5 more spots. Gregorius, Polanco, Giles, Diaz and one more pitcher I guess. I also have Acuna, Brinson, Calhoun, Luis Castillo, Glasnow, Gohara on my farm ready to promote this year too.

I am assuming if you keep less than 10 you draft first to fill those spots? So if every keeps 7 guys except 1, then that guy gets to pick in the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. Is that right? If not, disregard, but that's my assumption. 

I keep the bolded guys. Two top notch closers, two top notch pitchers, and a 4 guy core of hitters. Sano is a good value here but I want no part of him. Do you have to keep guys on your farm? If they are kept and on part of the top 10, I'd only keep those 8 and draft what every values fall to you. IMO .

49 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Keep all 10 bats their the better options & they'll provide you're team with solid stats for years to come! 

You'd keep Bird and Belt and Herrera and Polanco over Strasburg and Carrasco? LOL. It's a good thing all the RW vets know you're a troll. I hope the newbies don't get sucked into your lunacy. 

What was super trippy is that Rush made a semi-coherent post in another thread about an actual league he purports to be in (no mention of whether they use pitching categories). Never seen that before. I have lots of theories about him, but that development definitely added intrigue!

Greg Bird
Nolan Arenado
Did Gregorius
Delino Deshields
Michael Taylor
Gregory Polanco
Starling Marte
Miguel Sano
Odubel Herrera
Brandon Belt

Stephan Strasburg
Carlos Carrasco

Trevor Bauer
Zack Godley
Kevin Gausman
Edwin Diaz
Ken Giles

Bold and underlined are the for sure, the others in bold are the considerations.   In a 16-team league I am sure closers not easy to come by, so Im not opposed to keeping both.