NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

On 2/14/2018 at 8:56 AM, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Can I ask how? I regrettably made this very decision last year and it sunk my team.  I like Drake but I want assurances as to why I won't get Ajayi 2.0

Ajayi wasn’t involved in the passing game but Drake was. A two down grinder on a bad team is always a bad combination. The draft will play a big part of whether I consider drafting Drake in the third but I’ll probably be drafting someone else. Tbd. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Miami is TOTALLY going to draft one of these hot running backs.  I suspect they will sign a veteran free agent as well, maybe not CJ Anderson but someone almost as good.

On 2/2/2018 at 9:17 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I cant see any reason why Drake will not be Miami's RB for 2018.

i hope he is, dont get me wrong, but all i will say is derius guice. he could be a fournette type of rb? jordan howards name is getting thrown out there now woooo. that would mean commitee at best.?

1 hour ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Why does Gase hate RBs that perform well for him?  Here's hoping he trades off Drake somewhere that will appreciate him 

I don't think any team will appreciate Drake. What has he really done so far..? Nothing

• 2 weeks later...

I can't decide if the Dolphins signing Murray would be good or bad for Drake's value. I'm thinking good. On one hand, it might mean they don't spend an early pick on a RB, but it also might mean drake starts the season as the backup. Ultimately, Drake should at least be able to earn a 50-50 split with Murray, at worst. 

49 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The Dolphins are in a permanent holding pattern. Never terrible but never actually good. Perfect team for Miami though since nobody really cares anyway.

Florida fans are terrible but they really do love their Dolphins. One of the more passionate fan bases in the league. 

28 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I feel like he’s suffering the same fate Jamaal Charles did early in his career ... 

eventually you keep ripping off big gains and the coaches have to start playing you more 

JC didn't get bellcow touches until after Haley was fired...

• tonycpsu changed the title to Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic

Archived