NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Still cant stop talking about me. Funny, i never mention you.

Anywho. Drake and Henry still have value and are still young. Maybe not as high as i was expecting but both will still be good and are still 1 injury away from being full blown starters.

Anybody should be willing to draft these guys if the price is right.

Lighten up, man!  I respect you as a gallant and dedicated supporter of your player and a committed debater.  If I offended, I apologize sincerely.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/22/2018 at 4:48 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

I didn't follow that situation too closely.  Didn't Gore's presence render Mack essentially useless?

Different situation.  Gore was the starter and Mack was a rookie.  I actually think this is best case scenario for Drake.  Don't see Gore stealing much more then some short yardage work.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:13 AM, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Im pointing out how ridiculous the “injury prone” label is ... thanks 

Well when a guy blows out both knees in college they get that label.  

5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gore==> Miami 2018 is Jamaal Charles==> Denver 2017.

2017 Gore was significantly more effective than 2016 Charles.  

Agree with the sentiment that it's a fairly low impact veteran move.  Not happy as a Drake dynasty owner (not that I was competing this year) because I think it limits his goal line usage, but there were much bigger obstacles for Drake that they could have signed.  

20 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Just a matter of when, not if, we should doubt Frank Gore. It’s ok to applaud his longevity while being realistic about his ability. 

i heard that last year and 

the year before that and the year before that 

• 3 weeks later...

Does this rotoworld blurb change anyone's opinion about Drake? Seems like they don't have much confidence in him carrying the load?

Denver 7's Troy Renck reports the Dolphins backed out of trade which would have landed them C.J. Anderson in return for RT Ja'Wuan James.

The two sides reportedly agreed to the deal before Miami "surprisingly nixed" it at the last minute. While that trade did not go through, it does confirm the Broncos are willing if not looking to move Anderson, something they might be able to accomplish during the draft. Anderson is scheduled to earn $4.5 million this season.

I think Drake owners prefer having Gore to Anderson here, right?    Until the draft passes, Drake's value is in flux.    I still think he ultimately gets his shot, but he may timeshare in September before they finally unleash him a bit.  

48 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I think Drake owners prefer having Gore to Anderson here, right?    Until the draft passes, Drake's value is in flux.    I still think he ultimately gets his shot, but he may timeshare in September before they finally unleash him a bit.  

Oh F yeah.....  CJA is younger and a threat to take the lead back role.  He’s also dynamic in the passing game.   Gore is a solid COP/ cuff who will get work to this extent- but Drake is the guy.  

45 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

You just know that Miami is drafting a stud all around RB from this very deep draft class.  Drake is going to be the hunter here, not the hunted.

They have a LOT of needs.   Prioritizing rb seems misguided in this current climate of rbs being worth less than the paper their contract is written on.   Drake is far from their biggest issue.   

Is it draft day yet?   Dying over here RT

41 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

You just know that Miami is drafting a stud all around RB from this very deep draft class.  Drake is going to be the hunter here, not the hunted.

I fear you are correct. However, it depends who they take. If they draft Guice or Jones early, Drake is indeed the hunter. If they get someone like Freeman or Walton, Drake is still the hunted. 

37 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

No kidding.

I actually believe that this RB draft class is so deep, that prospects who can stealing starting gigs in the rookie campaign can be plucked late on Day Two, or even early on Day Three.  That's why I believe that Miami can address more pressing needs early, and still throw us all for a loop regarding Drake.

BTW, I was able to snag Drake on two of my three teams last season, so no one is more familiar than I with the frustration that his mistreatment engendered.  However, it is simply impossible to ignore Gase's dogged refusal to commit to Drake in any reasonable way.  I appreciate that there is some precedent for going from the doghouse to the penthouse under Gase (see Ajayi), but how can we bank on that at all?  What we see in Drake means absolutely nothing so long as Gase determines the opportunity.    

This is Drake’s backfield .. Having said that, Gore will be the best thing to happen for Drake’s career .. He will teach him how to be a pro. Drake is immensely talented and is just scratching the surface of how dominant a back he can be. It seems like Miami always gets these kind of back from time to time .. from Ricky, to Ronnie Brown, to Lamar Miller and now to Drake 

7 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

No kidding.

I actually believe that this RB draft class is so deep, that prospects who can stealing starting gigs in the rookie campaign can be plucked late on Day Two, or even early on Day Three.  That's why I believe that Miami can address more pressing needs early, and still throw us all for a loop regarding Drake.

BTW, I was able to snag Drake on two of my three teams last season, so no one is more familiar than I with the frustration that his mistreatment engendered.  However, it is simply impossible to ignore Gase's dogged refusal to commit to Drake in any reasonable way.  I appreciate that there is some precedent for going from the doghouse to the penthouse under Gase (see Ajayi), but how can we bank on that at all?  What we see in Drake means absolutely nothing so long as Gase determines the opportunity.    

I see them same... the Coach is committed to not commit to Drake.  Miami will draft a RB, and do his best to go RBBC.  That doesn’t mean Drake won’t be the better back, but the upside might be capped.

I’m still interested in Drake, but that’s after the clear starters are gone.

On 3/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, theSPANKER said:

The wheels must fall off.  Nobody defeats father-time.

I'd rather be safe than sorry and put my chips on Drake if no other significant signing takes place.  

C'mon, how sorry would you be paying Gore's price this year?  He probably won't be drafted until 6-7+.  Drake? Probably 3rd or so in PPR.  

1 hour ago, kdko said:

C'mon, how sorry would you be paying Gore's price this year?  He probably won't be drafted until 6-7+.  Drake? Probably 3rd or so in PPR.  

I would not draft Gore in any round.  Drake in the 5th and 6th.

3rd round is if they don’t take a RB.  There’s almost zero chance of that happening considering they almost completed a deal for C.J.

A C.J deal could still happen if Miami trades picks with Denver in the draft.

18 hours ago, seanismorris said:

3rd round is if they don’t take a RB.  There’s almost zero chance of that happening considering they almost completed a deal for C.J.

Gore was an RB2 in PPR last year.  I'll gladly spend a late draft pick on Gore.  Look at your leagues draft last year and tell me how many people ended up on waivers that were drafted in the 6th+.  

18 hours ago, seanismorris said:

CJ deal not likely according to my unnamed sources.  4.5M is toooooo pricey 

7 minutes ago, kdko said:

Gore was an RB2 in PPR last year.  I'll gladly spend a late draft pick on Gore.  Look at your leagues draft last year and tell me how many people ended up on waivers that were drafted in the 6th+.  

What's a RB2 in PPR? I owned him last year and found myself debating on when to start him in my flex until I eventually found something better on WW. 

7 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

What's a RB2 in PPR? I owned him last year and found myself debating on when to start him in my flex until I eventually found something better on WW. 

Finished as RB19.  Well above what people paid far more capital on.  Who did you find that was better on waivers?  Unless you got lucky and landed someone like Drake, McKinnon or someone similar.  Like I said, 6th round+ picks usually fall to waivers in the first couple weeks.  You won't be risking much, and people have been calling father time for like 5 years now.  I'll believe it when I see it!  Statistically 2017 was one of Frank Gore's best seasons of his career.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:05 AM, Impreza178 said:

They have a LOT of needs.   Prioritizing rb seems misguided in this current climate of rbs being worth less than the paper their contract is written on.   Drake is far from their biggest issue.   

Maybe they can trade up into to the top 5 and get a new owner.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic

Archived