NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2018 Outlook

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

The only hope for more changes is a coaching change IMO, which I also don’t see happening yet this offseason.

Hey we actually agree on something. Two things actually - because I don't see him changing teams either. Which makes him un-draftable in 2019.

Like it or not Gase has overachieved compared to expectations this year.

And he's also done a hell of a lot of good for the team's salary cap by not giving Drake any chance to have leverage in his walk year. 

Can't believe Gore is likely done for final two games after I scratch and claw my way through this season to the Championship and I can't use Drake as a feature back for the final 2 lol 

My RBs have been decimated and having Drake man this offense to close out the season following Frank going down woulda been the perfect recipe but alas Gase won't allow a fantasy legend me born.   Do we really think Ballage going to get Gore's normal touches and Drake won't get ANY additional workload or is this a week that goes 50-50? Eh who am I kidding Gase hates Drake it will be the Ballage show 

Just now, Zak0221 said:

Can't believe Gore is likely done for final two games after I scratch and claw my way through this season to the Championship and I can't use Drake as a feature back for the final 2 lol 

My RBs have been decimated and having Drake man this offense to close out the season following the legend go down woulda been the perfect recipe but alas Gase won't allow a fantasy legend me born.   Do we really think Ballage going to get Gore's normal touches and Drake won't get ANY additional workload or is this a week that goes 50-50? Eh who am I kidding Gase hates Drake it will be the Ballage show 

But against Jax? 

If Drake could get even half of Gore's carries, he would be a RB2 with upside this week, but I'm not expecting anything from Gase anymore. I've started Drake pretty much every week, but it's the championship, and idk if I can risk it again

14 hours ago, The G Man said:

As a Dolphins fan, all I can say is I hope Gase is fired at season's end. If for no other reason that his gross misuse of Drake. Just inexcusable. 

I'm with you as a fellow Dolphins fan. I didn't think it could be worse than Philbin. But it definitely isn't better.

Philbin managed to screw up the Miller situation and play terrible Daniel Thomas instead of Miller.  Now here we are with Drake.  I hope next year they feature Drake more than they do this year.  Having Drake learn from Gore was probably a good thing, but there have been too many instances where they haven't been using Drake as much or like they should.

It's painful watching this Miami team at times.  I'm done with Gase.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:40 AM, jsch08 said:

Don’t understand why Ballage is being used over him and I went to ASU. I mean I didn’t get Gore’s use either. Why isn’t Drake a featured back again?

The truth has finally come out and it has nothing to do with what the bitter whiners on this thread have said.  Per Evan Silva:

"The coaching staff simply does not trust Drake, who was victimized in blitz pickup for two sacks last week and has been beaten in pass protection for five sacks since Week 8, easily most among NFL backs."

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

The truth has finally come out and it has nothing to do with what the bitter whiners on this thread have said.  Per Evan Silva:

"The coaching staff simply does not trust Drake, who was victimized in blitz pickup for two sacks last week and has been beaten in pass protection for five sacks since Week 8, easily most among NFL backs."

now THIS makes sense

7 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Oh yes,  it makes perfect sense to make Drake the PASSING DOWN back then.  :rolleyes:

The Gase apologists are too funny.    

7 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Doesn't make sense why he can't get more rushes tho unless the coaches are somewhat punishing him lol

Bingo.   Now that’s the Adam Gase we know and  despise.    Once you’re in his doghouse it’s curtains.  

9 hours ago, Zak0221 said:

Doesn't make sense why he can't get more rushes tho unless the coaches are somewhat punishing him lol

Because if he only comes in to run the ball then the defense knows what's coming.  They only trust him to be a receiver.

Just now, Nap Time said:

Because if he only comes in to run the ball then the defense knows what's coming.  They only trust him to be a receiver.

Nah the coaches love that Gore always gets positive 2-4 yards, thats why he wasn't getting many opportunities to run on 1st and 2nd down.

Then he gets even less opportunities bc of failed blitz pick-ups which kill drives.  

It's just mind boggling that they don't have like 10-15 plays designed for him to get into space with the ball and call 3-4 of those a game. 

Face it, Drake is not a dependable RB like Gore. 

I'm a Drake owner, and I've accepted the fact that he is just a boom/bust type of player.

GL to those who start him this week. You'll either look like a genius or a fool.

Welcome to FF.

53 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Then why would he only come in to run the ball...if they trust him, and he does major damage as a receiver.....??

Logic does not compute.    Very Gaseian

he says he wants Gore In because he gains at least a few yards on every play....then says the exact opposite in support of Ballage....after praising Drake and saying he’s ready to handle a heavy load all offseason.     

The guy does what he wants and if you don’t comply, or speak up in any way he blackballs you.   This isn’t anything new-  it’s gone back at least as long as I’ve followed Gase..2013 in Denver.    He’s a spiteful person.  

38 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Then why would he only come in to run the ball...if they trust him, and he does major damage as a receiver.....??

Logic does not compute.    Very Gaseian

he says he wants Gore In because he gains at least a few yards on every play....then says the exact opposite in support of Ballage....after praising Drake and saying he’s ready to handle a heavy load all offseason.     

The guy does what he wants and if you don’t comply, or speak up in any way he blackballs you.   This isn’t anything new-  it’s gone back at least as long as I’ve followed Gase..2013 in Denver.    He’s a spiteful person.  

Drake does damage in the passing game... to his own team. 100th in catch rate, 3rd at his position in drops, horrible at blitz pick up. He doesn’t get carries because Gore (and now Ballage) outproduces him and he doesn’t get more receiving work because he is a liability. It’s quite simple really, Drake just isn’t a very good real life football player.

Archived