NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jose Pirela 2018 Outlook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jose Pirela is a guy that broke out in 2017, slashing .288/.347/.490 with 10 HRs and 4 SBs in just 344 PAs in the majors with the Padres. This line was supported by reasonable 7.8% walk rate and a 20.

Wow that’s more about Jose Pirela than I ever imagined I’d know

ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh  

2 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Eye test says it all. He can definitely hit and is an X-BH machine.....290/.330 type hitter with modest 15-20hr power and 40+ doubles

What is his stolen bases potential in your view? 15-20?

so now with the struggles of both Asuaje and Spangenberg, there is a possibility with Franchy playing well also that when Myers returns Pirela will get his games at 2B

hes been working out extra every day at 2B, as they are looking to keep all the bats in the lineup, and quite frankly

Cordero

Pirela

Hosmer

Myers

Villanueva

Galvis

Renfroe/Asuaje/Margot

Hedges

looks pretty damn good

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, wxmilkman said:

not if you are a padres fan lol

I am a Padre fan, and its a lot better than watching a bunch of has beens suck for years

I mean for years, we have been hoping for guys like Spangenberg to just be decent as our prized minor leaguer, now they are so deep and there are so many potentially good players its a lot of fun watching these guys.  Pirela and Villanueva are bonuses

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Like 2
On 4/16/2018 at 9:55 AM, Baseball Jonze said:

One start away from RF eligibility in Yahoo leagues.  Really sucks they went that route instead of 2B eligibility. 

Blame Wil Myers and Manny Margot both getting injured for that.  Manager had no choice but to play him all the time in the outfield so far.  But Myers is suppose to be back this weekend I think. 

On 4/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, Baseball Jonze said:

One start away from RF eligibility in Yahoo leagues.  Really sucks they went that route instead of 2B eligibility. 

Definite bummer. I could really use a backup 2B over more OF spots lol.

I'm sure that changes soon though with the returns from injury.

Edited by Philoumenos

The off day today looks like perfect timing for P-Real to get his head right and bust out of this minislump he’s been in the last three games (0/14 5 Ks).

My money is on his first homer coming this weekend and a couple multi-hit performances ???

This guy shouldn’t be playing over franch when everyone is healthy. He just shouldn’t. BABIP luck fueled hitting doesn’t compensate for lack of tools in the long run. Hopefully piriela plays 2nd over asuaje...

Edited by cyberer
41 minutes ago, craiggrebeck said:

Starting at second base today!

Yessssssss. 

I was was getting a little antsy with him since I couldn’t afford him to take OF space, but in the infield, he’d be a lot more playable for me. I wonder how many more starts he gets there.