NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

also sir, 19 year olds dont make good decisions about drinking alcohol. that is a proven fact. thats why its against the law for anyone under the age of 21 to drink. the law also sees the problem with this situation as well. when someone over the age of 21 provides alcohol to someone under the age of 21, that person has some problems to deal with.....according to the law. if the law can substanciate any connection from hunt to the 19 year old pretaining to her getting and consuming alcohol, he will be in deep trouble. the point i'm trying to make, is that she may have parents that will pursue this charge?. i'm just not sure what you guys are failing to see about this situation. if the law has been broken it just aint going away. he may just get by with a fine, but then that indicates his guilt and then it becomes a league violation that also will not just go away. i predict a 1-3 game suspension from this. it follows all past nfl punishments.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, not an nfl scout said:

also sir, 19 year olds dont make good decisions about drinking alcohol. that is a proven fact. thats why its against the law for anyone under the age of 21 to drink. the law also sees the problem with this situation as well. when someone over the age of 21 provides alcohol to someone under the age of 21, that person has some problems to deal with.....according to the law. if the law can substanciate any connection from hunt to the 19 year old pretaining to her getting and consuming alcohol, he will be in deep trouble. the point i'm trying to make, is that she may have parents that will pursue this charge?. i'm just not sure what you guys are failing to see about this situation. if the law has been broken it just aint going away. he may just get by with a fine, but then that indicates his guilt and then it becomes a league violation that also will not just go away. i predict a 1-3 game suspension from this. it follows all past nfl punishments.

The point we are making is that, from what we know right now, there are no charges filed on Kareem Hunt, and he has not had any other problems that the NFL would need to take into account (like with Zeke). That's what we know right now. I can spin the narrative that Hunt was not the one to give the 19 year old alcohol, and only pushed the girl because she was attacking his non-confrontational girl friend who would not be able to fight back. The fact is that you don't know what happened, I don't know what happened, but the way the authorities are treating this so far that we can tell, it seems to be nothing to worry about. Until something comes out that says otherwise, it is a nonstory.

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

Interesting that he didn't mention West at all...

Why is it interesting.  West sucks.  What I find interesting is they say Reid has a history of using two RB's.  As far as I can remember Reid has almost always featured one RB.

Just now, youngrice said:

Why is it interesting.  West sucks.  What I find interesting is they say Reid has a history of using two RB's.  As far as I can remember Reid has almost always featured one RB.

Because when West was healthy he took the vast majority of 3rd down work.  If you're a Hunt or Ware owner you want him off the roster.

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Not really. West wasn't even a given to make the team until Ware got hurt

See above.  West has been stealing 3rd down work.  You want him gone if you have Hunt or Ware.

14 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Because when West was healthy he took the vast majority of 3rd down work.  If you're a Hunt or Ware owner you want him off the roster.

Hunt was in on 65% of the snaps and had 53 rec.  So while I agree it did seem like West was used alot.  The numbers don't really support that.

9 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Hunt was in on 65% of the snaps and had 53 rec.  So while I agree it did seem like West was used alot.  The numbers don't really support that.

West had 27 receptions despite missing 3 full games.

Wouldn't you rather see those receptions NOT go to West?   With Hunt's big play ability each reception West steals is one less opportunity for Hunt to house one. 

West has a clearly defined role.  If I own Hunt I'd rather Hunt be on the field for 3rd downs.

44 minutes ago, youngrice said:

You have to look past the stats. West when healthy was in on 3rd downs, critical passing plays and the hurry up offense when KC was playing from behind or in the final few minutes of the game when Asmith needed pass protection and even in redzone situations.  West was in on high quality move the ball plays not meaningless 1st down runs up the middle.

55 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

See above.  West has been stealing 3rd down work.  You want him gone if you have Hunt or Ware.

if they keep Ware I doubt West stays on the roster

lol, Everyone acting like West wasn't doing anything.

West was in on almost 25% of the snaps if you check out the snap counts on any site like football outsiders or anything like that.

I remember the West owner getting irate during that stretch of minimal points games he would lose close ones cause West was in the game late in the game doing nothing with the work he was given while Hunt was riding the pine.

Funny that every one here acting like it was NBD.  It was.

West is a leech, and if West AND Ware are there, I'm all out on Hunt.

45 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

West had 27 receptions despite missing 3 full games.

Wouldn't you rather see those receptions NOT go to West?   With Hunt's big play ability each reception West steals is one less opportunity for Hunt to house one. 

West has a clearly defined role.  If I own Hunt I'd rather Hunt be on the field for 3rd downs.

Yeah of course I would rather see Hunt get those.  But lets not forget he was a rookie and coaches rarely trust rookies as 3 down RB's.  Hell Hunt saw alot more passing down work then Zeke in his rookie year. 

35 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

lol, Everyone acting like West wasn't doing anything.

West was in on almost 25% of the snaps if you check out the snap counts on any site like football outsiders or anything like that.

I remember the West owner getting irate during that stretch of minimal points games he would lose close ones cause West was in the game late in the game doing nothing with the work he was given while Hunt was riding the pine.

Funny that every one here acting like it was NBD.  It was.

West is a leech, and if West AND Ware are there, I'm all out on Hunt.

Kudos to somebody on here who saw the reality of what happened and how it completely drained Hunt's productivity.  

32 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I definitely think they keep West.  It's Spiller I think they cut.  

Akeem Hunt is also in jeopardy of being cut if they move West to full time on special teams with Ware back.

Absolutely agree again.  There is no way on God's Green Earth I'm selecting Hunt as a 1st rounder as long as West is in the picture.  Ware is bad enough.  

On 2/19/2018 at 3:39 PM, not an nfl scout said:

Americans Are Drinking Less Than Europeans, But Dying More Often From It 

Americans aged 15 and up drink only three-quarters as much alcohol as Europeans, but are far more likely to be involved in fatal alcohol-related accidents or die from other alcohol-related causes. There’s no single reason Americans are less responsible with alcohol, but some speculate that a higher legal drinking age in the U.S. leads to more destructive underage drinking habits. Another explanation: Far more Europeans take public transportation home from the bar.

Don’t think because 21 is the legal age in the USA it’s some magic number.

Age doesn’t = responsible drinking.

http://brilliantmaps.com/drinking-age-europe/

With regards to Hunt... all I know is KC has a history of drafting guys with “character concerns”.

Here’s nice rant:

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/first-things-first/video/1171647555936

Coach Andy Reid said he hopes to involve Kareem Hunt more in the passing game.

Reid said he liked Hunt finishing with 325 touches, and "We probably need to expand on his role in the pass game," where Hunt caught 53 passes but lost third-down and two-minute duties to Charcandrick West. Particularly in PPR leagues, Hunt's fantasy stock will benefit if he sees a meaningful uptick in targets. Spencer Ware's status remains uncertain after last year's multi-ligament knee injury.

Blue blurbs again prove either bias or uselessness.  Ignoring all the good info that @NYR Fan 116894 posted above about getting Spencer Ware more involved.  1-2 more catches per game would probably be canceled out by losing 5-6 carries a game to Ware.  

2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Blue blurbs again prove either bias or uselessness.  Ignoring all the good info that @NYR Fan 116894 posted above about getting Spencer Ware more involved.  1-2 more catches per game would probably be canceled out by losing 5-6 carries a game to Ware.  

all on the goal line and redzone

• tonycpsu changed the title to Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked, locked, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic

Archived