NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

4 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This is what I think. 

The hotel employee told TMZ what they had and offered the tape for "x" 

TMZ looked at the tape and countered. 

Then the tape holder went to Hunt and offered the tape for three times TMZ's best offer. Hunt said no, so they sold the tape to TMZ for "x" plus some tax at the end due to pressure to sell it to another outlet after Hunt said no. 

Hunt's agent must be real stupid. 

No way ... 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This is what I think. 

The hotel employee told TMZ what they had and offered the tape for "x" 

TMZ looked at the tape and countered. 

Then the tape holder went to Hunt and offered the tape for three times TMZ's best offer. Hunt said no, so they sold the tape to TMZ for "x" plus some tax at the end due to pressure to sell it to another outlet after Hunt said no. 

Hunt's agent must be real stupid. 

wonder if it's the same cat who handles Le'Veon ...

Whoever sold that tape was looking to cash in,. 

He or she wasn't just dropping it off out of the goodness of their heart. 

Bidding wars are how you make the most money. 

Creating a bidding war isn't hard If you know what you're doing. 

1 minute ago, MJJ28 said:

Blackmail a sports agency full of lawyers? Yeaaa, no.

It's not blackmail If you're gonna sell it to TMZ. 

You're just selling a tape to TMZ. 

So If you represent Kareem Hunt you're just gonna let that tape get sold to TMZ? 

Bad idea. 

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

How much did Roger Goodel bid?

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

It's not blackmail If you're gonna sell it to TMZ. 

You're just selling a tape to TMZ. 

So If you represent Kareem Hunt you're just gonna let that tape get sold to TMZ? 

Bad idea. 

That's literally the definition of blackmail. Demanding payment for withholding the release of compromising information.

KC and the NFL had no choice, but to release Hunt. I still wonder if that will be enough or if additional folks are losing their jobs over this.

I'd like to further evaluate the statement that the league/Chiefs were unable to obtain the video (that they supposedly knew existed), because neither the cops nor the hotel would give it up. Can anybody speak to the validity of this? Why is this the case? Doesn't seem odd that a multi-billion dollar corporation could not get this footage or at least obtain a credible accounting of what it showed?

Also interesting is that the league claims they attempted to contact the women, but they were uncooperative.

The logical reason would be that there was either a hush money agreement or that they were threatened (assuming the former)....

There are way too many open questions.....curious how this continues to develop. Goodell can't go in front of the cameras and claim "they screwed this up and must do better". They've exhausted that route.....no more get out of jail free cards.

On a related note, are there any other players out there that have some sort of abuse rumors at the moment? Is there a chance more players get put on the exemption list going forward?

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

How much did Roger Goodel bid?

That has nothing to do with Kareem Hunt, his representation, or TMZ. 

If someone approached you with that tape, and you represent Kareem Hunt, and you don't advise your client to buy that tape, you're aren't doing your job, but you may be violating your own moral compass. 

I bet Hunt hired Mr. Rogers to rep him, how could this happen!?!?

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

KC and the NFL had no choice, but to release Hunt. I still wonder if that will be enough or if additional folks are losing their jobs over this.

I'd like to further evaluate the statement that the league/Chiefs were unable to obtain the video (that they supposedly knew existed), because neither the cops nor the hotel would give it up. Can anybody speak to the validity of this? Why is this the case? Doesn't seem odd that a multi-billion dollar corporation could not get this footage or at least obtain a credible accounting of what it showed?

Also interesting is that the league claims they attempted to contact the women, but they were uncooperative.

The logical reason would be that there was either a hush money agreement or that they were threatened (assuming the former)....

There are way too many open questions.....curious how this continues to develop. Goodell can't go in front of the cameras and claim "they screwed this up and must do better". They've exhausted that route.....no more get out of jail free cards.

On a related note, are there any other players out there that have some sort of abuse rumors at the moment? Is there a chance more players get put on the exemption list going forward?

I've lit candles for each player on the squad in regards to any other unreleased footage. 

We good. 

4 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

So are you saying the bidding war started in February and it finally ended on November 30th? 

1 minute ago, meverett85 said:

Right....basically textbook extortion case.

Sure. Or you can get released. 

Have proof of my offer? 

No. 

Here TMZ. 

It's not like people are typing emails doing this. 

Archived