NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

Just now, CrimsonGhost said:

Why wasn't he prosecuted in a court?  Why were no charges brought?

he's already guilty in the court of public opinion, that's what the video did, and that's all that the NFL cares about

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

I get the soap boxing and all, but we don’t operate under man code. There are laws and rights accorded to both genders. You don’t know what he was thinking. If a woman is attacking him and punching him he has every single right to defend himself. That’s not an opinion, it’s his legal right.

People assuming that Hunt was going to beat her to a pulp are creating facts and narratives. He had opportunities to hit her and he did not.

he's a dumbass for putting himself in that position in the first place. too stupid to be in the NFL, good riddance

1 minute ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

I get the soap boxing and all, but we don’t operate under man code. There are laws and rights accorded to both genders. You don’t know what he was thinking. If a woman is attacking him and punching him he has every single right to defend himself. That’s not an opinion, it’s his legal right.

People assuming that Hunt was going to beat her to a pulp are creating facts and narratives. He had opportunities to hit her and he did not.

That shaming kick at the end of the video immediately negates the relevance of your entire post. That wasn't in self-defense. It's very obvious why he got cut immediately.

3 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

The headline is a joke and I hope he sues TMZ. But he’s a public person and he has an incredibly high burden. He will lose.

But man, brutalizes? He didn’t even assault her criminally. He wasn’t even arrested. He was just an angry angry man. The NFL is punishing him for being angry and because his anger as a black man scares its white demographic. 

Your insistence on making this a race issue is creepy.

If a video of you goes viral and your employer thinks it reflects badly on them, even if what you are doing in said video is perfectly legal, they can tell you to pound sand.

Are people here outraged at the video? No. But the possibility exists some will be, thus a corporation has to take the stance that they can no longer be associated with the party responsible as it could impact their bottom line.

They've already weighed the costs of making this decision, taking into account any potential litigation that could occur as a result.

Are you seriously a practicing attorney?

4 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

And that’s precisely what is wrong, here. But point made. We can disagree. I respect your position. 

4 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

But just for the record, you are cool with Beaters who committed their beatings in college?

I'm just saying how it is, and how society works. Joe Mixon already paid his "punishment" if that's what you're referring to. same with Tyreek. they're both pieces of crap, but the timing is completely different than Hunt, so the situations aren't really comparable at all.

44 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

Oh, and I will add, that what Hunt did IS excusable. In criminal court if he pushed her or restrained her to stop her from attacking him. She punched him in the face. The law does require the jury to weigh the threat to the party claiming self-defense, but if the extent of his defense was to restrain or stop her without hurting her, and the cops tell you she had no injuries, did he not arguably defend himself?

@NoClownLawDegreesBro

"As a practicing attorney" maybe you should have watched the video evidence?  In said video he clearly is the aggressor and puts his hands on her first.  The first push was absolutely perpetrated by Hunt.  Yes she hit him AFTER he pushed her.  Is it criminal?  I have no idea because I'm not a practicing attorney but that doesn't allow you to change the narrative.  He was absolutely in the wrong.

This thread has gone to pot but as long as we have people leading into their opinions letting us know they are practicing attorneys... then clearly we're getting back on the right track... And the race card to boot... boy howdy.  Garbage.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

I'm just saying how it is, and how society works. Joe Mixon already paid his "punishment" if that's what you're referring to. same with Tyreek. they're both pieces of crap, but the timing is completely different than Hunt, so the situations aren't really comparable at all.

those guys are reformed and best i know have not repeated insane behavior. Hunt now involved in 3 separate incidents in 6 months.  its a trend buddy.

Just now, Krambone said:

those guys are reformed and best i know have not repeated insane behavior. Hunt now involved in 3 separate incidents in 6 months.  its a trend buddy.

I'm not sticking up for any of these clowns, but curious about the 3 incidences. not aware of all that

3 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Your insistence on making this a race issue is creepy.

If a video of you goes viral and your employer thinks it reflects badly on them, even if what you are doing in said video is perfectly legal, they can tell you to pound sand.

Are people here outraged at the video? No. But the possibility exists some will be, thus a corporation has to take the stance that they can no longer be associated with the party responsible as it could impact their bottom line.

They've already weighed the costs of making this decision, taking into account any potential litigation that could occur as a result.

Are you seriously a practicing attorney?

I step away at insults. Your point can be made without it. Certainly not asserting 100% my point is irrefutable. But your insults speak a lot more about you as a person than how wrong I may be.

Bowing out here. Anyone interested in continuing this discussion can PM me. Always open to good conversation.

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Those guys are reformed?  Now we are just shooting from the hip.  Unless you actually know these guys.  I think no one is trying to say one is more or less guilty then the other.  What we are saying is we want consistency and clear guide lines of how NFL and teams handle WITH or WITHOUT video evidence. 

56 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

So you are excusing the NFL and KC actions?  To say that they didn't know and terminated him because he lied is letting the NFL and KC off the hook.  I think what Hunt did is inexcusable,  but i refuse to believe KC or the NFL had no clue. 

Slow your roll there, top gun. Do you really want to pick a fight with me about this? Take a deep breath, re-read what I said, and then ask yourself whether what I said indicated that I was excusing anyone. Is it really worth your ginned-up outrage to read what I wrote that way? Or can we just calm down and not assume that everyone is writing things we will hate?

54 minutes ago, NoClownQuestionsBro said:

Oh, and I will add, that what Hunt did IS excusable. In criminal court if he pushed her or restrained her to stop her from attacking him. She punched him in the face. The law does require the jury to weigh the threat to the party claiming self-defense, but if the extent of his defense was to restrain or stop her without hurting her, and the cops tell you she had no injuries, did he not arguably defend himself?

Since many here want to completely destroy Hunt and pretend that’s he’s some thug, idiot, criminal, want to hold him to a criminal standard, he benefits from criminal defenses too. Heck, he benefits from CIVIL DEFENSES. Self-defense is also one. Rage caused by being called a racial slur is also one. Those are all actual defenses in real people court.

Legally there are plenty of “excuses” for what he did.

Kim Jong Un has legal excuses for feeding his uncle to wild dogs. 

I suspect people are talking about morality here man, not legality.

5 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

For all of you saying its a business thing.  Why are some on this list allowed due process vs those who haven't?  If the only answer you can give is video evidence, there is no excuse for it.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

Huh? Well for starters it’s a bunch of different offenses that all have different punishments. Some of those guys have been cut [Chad Kelly], and how many of those arrests were later dismissed or dropped? Due process in the court of law =/= employer/employee relations

5 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

Slow your roll there, top gun. Do you really want to pick a fight with me about this? Take a deep breath, re-read what I said, and then ask yourself whether what I said indicated that I was excusing anyone. Is it really worth your ginned-up outrage to read what I wrote that way? Or can we just calm down and not assume that everyone is writing things we will hate?

What evidence is there to collaborate that KC never knew more details of the event? To validate their  "He is a liar excuse"

7 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

For all of you saying its a business thing.  Why are some on this list allowed due process vs those who haven't?  If the only answer you can give is video evidence, there is no excuse for it.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

1) What due process are you talking about?  This is not a criminal court or proceeding.

2) I have no idea who is in your link.  But without even looking at your link, I can tell you that there is a video that is plastered everywhere about Hunt.

1 minute ago, CrimsonGhost said:

What evidence is there to collaborate that KC never knew more details of the event? To validate their  "He is a liar excuse"

Please quote me when I said that KC never knew more details. Please quote me using the word 'excuse'. 

In other words, please read posts, the actual words in them, before deciding what it is that you think someone is saying.

1 minute ago, TTo34 said:

1) What due process are you talking about?  This is not a criminal court or proceeding.

2) I have no idea who is in your link.  But without even looking at your link, I can tell you that there is a video that is plastered everywhere about Hunt.

I am talking about people being placed on this imaginary exempt list or suspended.  While others are allowed to play, practice, ect.  Of course there is a video.  That is exactly what I am upset about.  The fact that it takes a video for punishments like this to be handed out.  And only after a video surfaces.  

1 minute ago, Brotherbock said:

Please quote me when I said that KC never knew more details. Please quote me using the word 'excuse'. 

In other words, please read posts, the actual words in them, before deciding what it is that you think someone is saying.

Mixon didn't lie to the Bengals (he didn't have the option, of course, it was done well before they got him).

But one factor the other teams will look at is whether they can trust a guy. That's actually why Hunt got fired, not because of the actual assault. He tells the truth, they'd likely have kept him. What future teams need to know is when their multi-million dollar dude says "I didn't hit her", they can believe him. Not true of Hunt right now.

PLEASE ELABORATE IF THIS DOESN"T IMPLY YOU THINK KC IS OFF THE HOOK?

Archived