NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

Just now, CrimsonGhost said:

I am talking about people being placed on this imaginary exempt list or suspended.  While others are allowed to play, practice, ect.  Of course there is a video.  That is exactly what I am upset about.  The fact that it takes a video for punishments like this to be handed out.  And only after a video surfaces.  

My point is people don't have to look for the negative news about Hunt.  It is everywhere.  It is associated with a negative connotation.  If you were a hospital manager, and Hunt was one of your employed doctors, you would fire him too.  It's bad for business to have him around.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixon didn't lie to the Bengals (he didn't have the option, of course, it was done well before they got him).

But one factor the other teams will look at is whether they can trust a guy. That's actually why Hunt got fired, not because of the actual assault. He tells the truth, they'd likely have kept him. What future teams need to know is when their multi-million dollar dude says "I didn't hit her", they can believe him. Not true of Hunt right now.

PLEASE ELABORATE IF THIS DOESN"T IMPLY YOU THINK KC IS OFF THE HOOK?

I don't have to elaborate anything, because my post does not say that, nor does it imply that. For some reason, you have decided that I mean something that you don't like, and so you've decided to swing some outrage around. Why, I have no idea. Go play Mister Angry Pants with someone else if you absolutely feel you must be at odds with someone tonight. Otherwise, get control of yourself and calm down.

9 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

I am talking about people being placed on this imaginary exempt list or suspended.  While others are allowed to play, practice, ect.  Of course there is a video.  That is exactly what I am upset about.  The fact that it takes a video for punishments like this to be handed out.  And only after a video surfaces.  

Technically speaking, the exemption list is not a punishment in and of itself

7 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

I don't have to elaborate anything, because my post does not say that, nor does it imply that. For some reason, you have decided that I mean something that you don't like, and so you've decided to swing some outrage around. Why, I have no idea. Go play Mister Angry Pants with someone else if you absolutely feel you must be at odds with someone tonight. Otherwise, get control of yourself and calm down.

I guess I will break it down for you.

When you say "Mixon didn't lie to the Bengals (he didn't have the option, of course, it was done well before they got him).That's actually why Hunt got fired, not because of the actual assault. He tells the truth, they'd likely have kept him" You are saying hunt LIED to the Chiefs.  You say saying this because the chiefs released that, I assume.  Has nothing to do with me reading what i want to read.  These are your exact words.  You are calling Hunt a liar, and it was for this which he was kicked out of the nfl.  SAD

I am asking how is it you take KC word face value?  What has KC offered up to collaborate the pathetic he lied excuse.

I would love to pretend it was simply a case of him lieing.   Reality is its way more likely they had the knowledge and means to get ahead of this but chose not to.  

Can RotoBlurbs just stick to the facts?

The blue blurb recently of Hunt is a joke.

The conflation of Hunt and Foster both "beating up a woman" is a ridiculous false equivalence and on the same clickbaity bull**** as TMZ.

Not all similar bad things are created equal yet RW has no problem inserting Evan Silva's personal opinion on the "brutality" of it.

You see this with the MeTOo movement as well and it only gives cover to the more obscene abusers.  Evan Silva circlejerks other domestic abusers like Hill constantly but is getting ridiculously holier-than-thou on others on the topic.  Just stop.

I guess I will break it down for you.

When you say "Mixon didn't lie to the Bengals (he didn't have the option, of course, it was done well before they got him)." You are saying hunt LIED to the Chiefs.  You say saying this because the chiefs released that, I assume.  Has nothing to do with me reading what i want to read.  These are your exact words.  You are calling Hunt a liar, and it was for this which he was kicked out of the nfl.  SAD

I am asking how is it you take KCr word face value?  What has KC offered up to collaborate the pathetic he lied excuse.

I would love to pretend it was simply a case of him lieing.   Reality is its way more likely they had the knowledge and means to get ahead of this but chose not to.  

So, to be clear, you are claiming to have insider information about the whole thing--either that or 'far superior to mere mortals' deductive powers that the rest of us lack--and that's causing you to read any other discussion of any other explanation as tantamount to excusing people for immoral actions?

And for that reason, you've decided to come here and interpret as many posts as you can as being exculpatory regarding the Chiefs and therefore opposed to your pet theory?

I.E., you came here looking for a fight, and you are determined to manufacture one by stomping your foot and declaring that your interpretation of something must be the only possibly correct interpretation--whether that something be activities that took place far from where you are, or someone's post in a forum.

Yeah. Like I said, either stop your yapping little doggie, or go pick a fight somewhere else. Your determined desire to get in fights with people is unwanted.

37 minutes ago, Krambone said:

those guys are reformed and best i know have not repeated insane behavior. Hunt now involved in 3 separate incidents in 6 months.  its a trend buddy.

Even better this guy making my arguments for me..

If KC knew he was in these other incidents.  WTF was he doing on the field the last 13 weeks?

Edit:  oh they weren't on tape

17 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

My point is people don't have to look for the negative news about Hunt.  It is everywhere.  It is associated with a negative connotation.  If you were a hospital manager, and Hunt was one of your employed doctors, you would fire him too.  It's bad for business to have him around.

What kind of doctor?  Would he be like a surgeon?  

20 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Just Seriously Answer my question above please.  Then ill shut up and leave this worthless forum alone.

If KC knew he was in these other incidents.  WTF was he doing on the field the last 13 weeks?

1 hour ago, Brotherbock said:

Mixon didn't lie to the Bengals (he didn't have the option, of course, it was done well before they got him).

But one factor the other teams will look at is whether they can trust a guy. That's actually why Hunt got fired, not because of the actual assault. He tells the truth, they'd likely have kept him. What future teams need to know is when their multi-million dollar dude says "I didn't hit her", they can believe him. Not true of Hunt right now.

Edit: you might still be right about him playing next year, not necessarily disagreeing there. 

No. Hunt didn't get fired because he lied to the team, lmao. He got fired because the video surfaced. No video and he is still on the Chiefs and starting every week.

1 minute ago, mmm sod said:

What means do you guys think?  

$$$

1 minute ago, mmm sod said:

Why do you guys think your landlords are obligated to give security footage to your employer?  Yes, the police and the police did see the video.  But that is an insane breach of privacy to hand out security footage to your employer or your employer's employer.

Landlords? Huh? Sound like you should be mad at TMZ if anything 

5 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

No. Hunt didn't get fired because he lied to the team, lmao. He got fired because the video surfaced. No video and he is still on the Chiefs and starting every week.

Yea this is it 100%

4 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

Just Seriously Answer my question above please.  Then ill shut up and leave this worthless forum alone.

Because KC is also about winning ballgames.  Obviously he is a talented player.  So until there was social outcry, they were going to ride that gravy train as long as possible.

If Hunt was a borderline talent, guaranteed he gets cut in February.

8 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

About 1200 total yards and 14 TDs.

Hate to see ya go.

11 minutes ago, CrimsonGhost said:

Exactly.  Its just a disgusting reality some are willing to accept.  I just can't

KC should be barred from the playoffs this year.

More like if you own Kareem Hunt in your fantasy league all your wins should be removed. 

1 hour ago, CrimsonGhost said:

Is this a serious post?

3 hours ago, mmm sod said:

Can RotoBlurbs just stick to the facts?

The blue blurb recently of Hunt is a joke.

The conflation of Hunt and Foster both "beating up a woman" is a ridiculous false equivalence and on the same clickbaity bull**** as TMZ.

Not all similar bad things are created equal yet RW has no problem inserting Evan Silva's personal opinion on the "brutality" of it.

You see this with the MeTOo movement as well and it only gives cover to the more obscene abusers.  Evan Silva circlejerks other domestic abusers like Hill constantly but is getting ridiculously holier-than-thou on others on the topic.  Just stop.

Rotoblurb for Fournette last week was that he came running to the sideline throwing haymakers ....dude went in for a slap .. 

2 hours ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

But I love to watch you leave

You do know that this is used when a guy telling a girl with a fine "butt" that he hates to see her go but love to watch her from behind, right?

So in a sense, by you telling a guy this, it is kind of weird. Unless you are into that sort of thing, then by all means, do you.

Just sayin'.

Washington must be really kicking themselves that they picked up the far less valuable Reuben Foster and took the big PR hit over it. Otherwise i have no doubt Dan Snyder would have picked up Hunt and took the (what would likely be a lesser) PR hit over him instead.

Archived