NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Mixon didn't lie to the Bengals (he didn't have the option, of course, it was done well before they got him).

But one factor the other teams will look at is whether they can trust a guy. That's actually why Hunt got fired, not because of the actual assault. He tells the truth, they'd likely have kept him. What future teams need to know is when their multi-million dollar dude says "I didn't hit her", they can believe him. Not true of Hunt right now.

Edit: you might still be right about him playing next year, not necessarily disagreeing there. 

True, I'm sure that was a huge reason KC cut bait. But the next team will have the luxury of saying that they did their due diligence and believe in him and he hasn't lied to us(yet). 

17 hours ago, disasterisk said:

No. Hunt didn't get fired because he lied to the team, lmao. He got fired because the video surfaced. No video and he is still on the Chiefs and starting every week.

Did you literally laugh your a$$ off? Like, you sat there in your computer chair laughing out loud to yourself? Until your a$$ fell off? 

It's entirely possible that they didn't care that he also lied to them, and that it was all the video. Sure. I don't buy that, but it's possible. I happen to think that, while the video is certainly damaging to the Chiefs, they would have kept him even after the video if he'd been truthful to them from the start. 

It's a bit sad and speaks to your ability to communicate civilly with others that you find reasonable competing theories worth laughing at. But that's me. Maybe you can't manage to discuss without condescending. 

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

True, I'm sure that was a huge reason KC cut bait. But the next team will have the luxury of saying that they did their due diligence and believe in him and he hasn't lied to us(yet). 

Fair point. I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of the next GM. You can due your due diligence, but if the player has a history of lying, and you ask the player "So, Kareem...anything else happen during your time off that you'd like to tell us about?" and he says 'No'...what due diligence can you then do? You could poke around on his social, you could hire a private eye. But at some point, you have to decide what the chances are that his 'No' still means you may be seeing him on another video, this time while he's playing for your team. 

And take a look at the optics of this situation with the Chiefs. Will the public care if you the new GM say "Hey now, I asked him if there was anything else!" :) 

6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

NFL and fantasy fans have no morals. You all will be drafting Hunt in the 1st round when a team picks him up.

Let's lock this thread up and move on...

This is actually an interesting question. Honestly, I know people who won't roster certain players due to ethical concerns. I know a guy who swears he'd never roster Kap if he ever played, I know people who have said the same about Ray Rice in the past.

Is it really unethical? It's not like you having him on a fantasy team actually helps him in any way. Teams aren't going to ask what Hunt's ADP is before they consider signing him. He'll play or not regardless, right? And he won't get any more money from being rostered in FF. But it does kinda feel a little gross :) 

LOL, bhawks...confused about this post too? ;) 

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the NFL is taking into account three separate off-the-field incidents as it considers how long free agent Kareem Hunt's suspension will be.

The NFL is investigating Hunt's February altercation with a woman that led to his release from the Chiefs as well as a June incident with a man and a previously undisclosed incident from January. Per Graziano, the January and June incidents are the "types of aggravating factors that can lead the league to impose a suspension longer than the six-game baseline." Hunt's 2018 suspension is going to spill over deep into 2019.

Source: ESPN.com
Dec 4 - 2:25 PM
3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the NFL is taking into account three separate off-the-field incidents as it considers how long free agent Kareem Hunt's suspension will be.

The NFL is investigating Hunt's February altercation with a woman that led to his release from the Chiefs as well as a June incident with a man and a previously undisclosed incident from January. Per Graziano, the January and June incidents are the "types of aggravating factors that can lead the league to impose a suspension longer than the six-game baseline." Hunt's 2018 suspension is going to spill over deep into 2019.

Source: ESPN.com
Dec 4 - 2:25 PM

Wow. I suspect maybe this kid is just a wee bit out of hand.

They'll be looking into his history of team-killing in COD next.

1 hour ago, Brotherbock said:

Did you literally laugh your a$$ off? Like, you sat there in your computer chair laughing out loud to yourself? Until your a$$ fell off? 

It's entirely possible that they didn't care that he also lied to them, and that it was all the video. Sure. I don't buy that, but it's possible. I happen to think that, while the video is certainly damaging to the Chiefs, they would have kept him even after the video if he'd been truthful to them from the start. 

It's a bit sad and speaks to your ability to communicate civilly with others that you find reasonable competing theories worth laughing at. But that's me. Maybe you can't manage to discuss without condescending. 

it's the video and nothing but the video. teams lie, coaches lie. owners lie, agents/mgrs lie, even team doctors lie.

KC is a business and the vid kills  any PR attempts they would have implemented to retain him.  The video alone is a PR nightmare they would never be able to escape because they would have to always explain WHY they kept him.

They knew about the incident, they knew law enforcement didnt arrest anyone, there was a public police report on file; they knew the league wa investigating. The only thing that changed was the video coming out and immediate public opinion in the metoo era

4 hours ago, owenmills said:

The next team only has to say he is in counseling, getting treatment, doing community work and donatig x to a charity, which is why they are giving him another shot in the NFL. All this talk of 'lying' is silly and a smokescreen.

Poor Hunt this is gonna have to be quite the comeback story.  He looked the part of one of the top RBs in the league among the Gurleys, Kamaras and LevBells.  I loved his style and was seemingly impossible to tackle built thick and sturdy.

Its a shame, hopefully he wont become another talented NFL ghost.

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Three and counting - he needs to stop assaulting people

We know it was him all three times. I think he's about to snitch on his boys and try to get a lighter sentence. I want to see a pay per view where he actually fights someone who can fight.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Three and counting - he needs to stop assaulting people

3 incidents that none of us know the full context or facts, no arrests, no charges and 1 video which looks bad because it was a female involved(if it was a dude no one would care)  in a time where women are actively changing the negative culture against them. 

He is fighting a significant negative bias and perception so he has to rehabilitate his image to  the point where the perception becomes neutral. The further away from the incident the more it fades and the outrage lessens and the more he shows public 'remorse' and "redemption" the sooner he can back to playing football

Just now, dashoe said:

3 incidents that none of us know the full context or facts, no arrests, no charges and 1 video which looks bad because it was a female involved(if it was a dude no one would care)  in a time where women are actively changing the negative culture against them. 

He is fighting a significant negative bias and perception so he has to rehabilitate his image to  the point where the perception becomes neutral. The further away from the incident the more it fades and the outrage lessens and the more he shows public 'remorse' and "redemption" the sooner he can back to playing football

so you doubt he did anything wrong 3 times?

just wrong place wrong time like Ray Lewis was. UFB

7 minutes ago, Krambone said:

so you doubt he did anything wrong 3 times?

just wrong place wrong time like Ray Lewis was. UFB

Personally i don't have a vested interest or strong opinion because i wasnt there and i don't make judgements on situations between others and  i don't have facts about.  The police had all of the evidence and interviewed all parties involved and they determined no arrest was warranted, that's the fact.  The rereports are public and there have been no lawsuits from any of the parties; that we know of thus far.  I don't believe in outrage for the sake of outrage. 

So 'wrong' is irrelevant in terms of moving forward rehabilitating the image and getting back on a team. 

12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

We have a video of one incident - are you suggesting the video was doctored somehow?  

Btw if he had assaulted a “dude,” people would still care.

Just now, BMcP said:

We have a video of one incident - are you suggesting the video was doctored somehow?  

Btw if he had assaulted a “dude,” people would still care.

If it was a guy in that video, no one would bat an eye. 

Just now, bhawks489 said:

If it was a guy in that video, no one would bat an eye. 

I don’t know how to bat an eye, but I would still somehow bat multiple eyes

1 minute ago, yanki01 said:

giphy.gif

A most excellent retort.

I feel tempted to take back my statement about a player physically assualting someone which shouldn’t cause us to care - but I won’t.

Archived