NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2018 Outlook

Savatage79

15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

We have a video of one incident - are you suggesting the video was doctored somehow?  

Btw if he had assaulted a “dude,” people would still care.

i didnt opine about the video in any capacity aside from stating it exists and it looks bad so not sure why you would infer i think it is 'doctored'.

And no,  if it was a dude no one would care because it's a dude. that's the reality of gender bias. A dude hitting a dude doesnt  warrant public outcry the same as a dude hitting a woman so please let's not be disingenuous about this ok?:lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

A most excellent retort.

I feel tempted to take back my statement about a player physically assualting someone which shouldn’t cause us to care - but I won’t.

How about this calrification? 

I wouldnt care if it was another dude in the video because i have seen worse amongst dudes in bar fights and even women in bar fights.  I am sure however the NFL would care and the team would care and the person who was assaulted would care and those who care about NFL players assaulting non NFL players would care. I think that covers it. :)

4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

How about this calrification? 

I wouldnt care if it was another dude in the video because i have seen worse amongst dudes in bar fights and even women in bar fights.  I am sure however the NFL would care and the team would care and the person who was assaulted would care and those who care about NFL players assaulting non NFL players would care. I think that covers it. :)

Sound calrification.

Dude should be suspended for a very long while.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

it's the video and nothing but the video. teams lie, coaches lie. owners lie, agents/mgrs lie, even team doctors lie.

KC is a business and the vid kills  any PR attempts they would have implemented to retain him.  The video alone is a PR nightmare they would never be able to escape because they would have to always explain WHY they kept him.

They knew about the incident, they knew law enforcement didnt arrest anyone, there was a public police report on file; they knew the league wa investigating. The only thing that changed was the video coming out and immediate public opinion in the metoo era

Sweet. I have a single playing card held up against my screen--which one is it?

46 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

If it was a guy in that video, no one would bat an eye. 

Pacman Jones would tell you that the league might do something if you have a history of fighting dudes too. 

But they likely wouldn't drop you. Even for lying about it. 

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

so you doubt he did anything wrong 3 times?

just wrong place wrong time like Ray Lewis was. UFB

Where there's smoke there's fire. The guy is definitely at best an immature douche and at worst an awful human being. But so are so many guys currently playing. His own former teammate Hill seems like an otherworldly POS based on accounts of what he did. I'd be fine if they kicked all these dudes out of the league but if they aren't going to then they should stop acting so offended by what Hunt did

47 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Where there's smoke there's fire. The guy is definitely at best an immature douche and at worst an awful human being. But so are so many guys currently playing. His own former teammate Hill seems like an otherworldly POS based on accounts of what he did. I'd be fine if they kicked all these dudes out of the league but if they aren't going to then they should stop acting so offended by what Hunt did

Regarding Hill, it's actually not a fair comparison. I wasn't there when he allegedly (there's that word again) punched his then pregnant girlfriend in the stomach, but said girlfriend is now his wife and as far as I know, Hill only had that one incident of violence. Not condoning Hill's actions, but sounds like he's not the monster everyone thinks he is. 

4 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

It's entirely possible that they didn't care that he also lied to them, and that it was all the video. Sure. I don't buy that, but it's possible. I happen to think that, while the video is certainly damaging to the Chiefs, they would have kept him even after the video if he'd been truthful to them from the start. 

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

it's the video and nothing but the video. teams lie, coaches lie. owners lie, agents/mgrs lie, even team doctors lie.

KC is a business and the vid kills  any PR attempts they would have implemented to retain him.  The video alone is a PR nightmare they would never be able to escape because they would have to always explain WHY they kept him.

They knew about the incident, they knew law enforcement didnt arrest anyone, there was a public police report on file; they knew the league wa investigating. The only thing that changed was the video coming out and immediate public opinion in the metoo era

The "lie" that he probably told KC brass was that there was no way something would come out of this that would cause negative backlash/distractions. 

KC easily could have seen the video earlier if they wanted to, as could the NFL. If you read the reports neither group ever was in contact with the hotel, so both were perfectly fine burying their heads in the sand as long as nothing bad came out of it.

If you really think that they were shocked at their core that there was an incident, and that the NFL couldn't have gotten their hands on the tape earlier if they pushed for it, then I have some 2019 Mariners World Series tickets to sell you real cheap.

5 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Did you literally laugh your a$$ off? Like, you sat there in your computer chair laughing out loud to yourself? Until your a$$ fell off? 

It's entirely possible that they didn't care that he also lied to them, and that it was all the video. Sure. I don't buy that, but it's possible. I happen to think that, while the video is certainly damaging to the Chiefs, they would have kept him even after the video if he'd been truthful to them from the start. 

It's a bit sad and speaks to your ability to communicate civilly with others that you find reasonable competing theories worth laughing at. But that's me. Maybe you can't manage to discuss without condescending. 

If stupid people aren't made aware of their stupidity they'll continue to be stupid. 

53 minutes ago, mverkruyse said:

The "lie" that he probably told KC brass was that there was no way something would come out of this that would cause negative backlash/distractions. 

Possibly. Don't know where you or anyone else gets 'probably'. The only thing I see that's probable is that people not involved in what happened directly probably don't have a good leg to stand on to talk about what probably happened :) But what you say is possible.

7 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

That is exactly why I called you out on your behavior. Glad you agree.

behavior =/= intelligence.

You wrote something dumb and lashed out for having it pointed out to you that it was dumb. Your inability to understand that ties into the post you just quoted. 

1 hour ago, mverkruyse said:

KC easily could have seen the video earlier if they wanted to, as could the NFL. If you read the reports neither group ever was in contact with the hotel, so both were perfectly fine burying their heads in the sand as long as nothing bad came out of it.

If you really think that they were shocked at their core that there was an incident, and that the NFL couldn't have gotten their hands on the tape earlier if they pushed for it, then I have some 2019 Mariners World Series tickets to sell you real cheap.

If you don't think the Chiefs and the NFL didn't acquire the tape shortly after the incident occurred I have some cloud insurance to sell you.

4 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

behavior =/= intelligence.

You wrote something dumb and lashed out for having it pointed out to you that it was dumb. Your inability to understand that ties into the post you just quoted. 

Behavior is a reflection of intelligence, whether it's emotional intelligence, physical intelligence, linguistic intelligence, etc. 

I wrote something you disagreed with, and someone with the interpersonal intelligence of a 5 year old replied. (Psst: that someone was you.) That you consider me calling you out for your 5 year old behavior as 'lashing out' does in fact indicate something about your intelligence, specifically your lack of understanding of how adults relate to each other. Pointing to a lack of civility is as much 'lashing out' as Trump thinks it is 'lashing out' when the press does it to him.

Anyway, good luck.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, SonataArctica said:

lol my rb trio of james connor melvin gordon and kareem hunt not looking so good right now. Thankfully i already had ware.

Unfortunately I'm in the exact same boat. I know everyone has bad luck stories but losing 3 top 6 RBs in one week is the worst luck I've ever seen in fantasy.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

Unfortunately I'm in the exact same boat. I know everyone has bad luck stories but losing 3 top 6 RBs in one week is the worst luck I've ever seen in fantasy.

wow that is bad.....and i feel bad for you too. good luck if you can find some.

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Adam Scheifer is saying he might miss all season next season.  Sounds great for Dynasty sigh

Makes my keeper league decisions easier. I'm actually happier if that's the case than if he were suspended 8 or 9 games.

Archived