NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gabriel Arias SS Padres

https://razzball.com/gabriel-arias-2018-dynasty-sleeper/

On a podcast today, Longenhagen said he's a top 100 guy for him. If his power develops, he'll be one of the top SS prospects in the minors very soon especially after the Bichette/Tatis crop graduate.  Someone to keep an eye on or should be owned in deep leagues.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I scooped him in my dynasty not too long ago due to the Razzball article. Other than that Razzball article, I couldn't find much hype about him on the internet. It seems Ralph L. is personally driving the hype train at the moment (twitter too), unless I just haven't found it yet.

If anyone has found anything else about Arias please post it!

Edited by Gus Chiggins
6 hours ago, Gus Chiggins said:

I scooped him in my dynasty not too long ago due to the Razzball article. Other than that Razzball article, I couldn't find much hype about him on the internet. It seems Ralph L. is personally driving the hype train at the moment (twitter too), unless I just haven't found it yet.

you are right, there isn't a whole lot on the guy.

for video, the key is to type "Australia" because he played in the Australian league. You can see some limited footage in the following clips:

Extends his arms on low breaking ball for a triple

making a quick, athletic play on defense

hitting from the side

and then showing off his strong eyebrow game in 2015 (I... I think this is the same Gabriel Arias)

He is definitely a bit mysterious. But even in those clips you can see the vague outline of something good, maybe that's what Ralph likes about him. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Gus Chiggins said:

Listen to the "in this league" podcast a few weeks ago with Eric longenhagen. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/24/2018 at 9:04 PM, brockpapersizer said:

I have no idea. Im guessing a while still, probably less so than ESPN though.

you hear anything about him lately? how is he doing in A ball?

1 minute ago, jfazz23 said:

you hear anything about him lately? how is he doing in A ball?

I traded him away for poop. He’s been slightly better lately but not anywhere near lighting the world on fire. I didn’t want to use one of my few spots on him. He’s super young though, so by no means is he cooked. 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...