Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

New England Patriots 2018 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TBH, could do better than Giselle.

Where is the Laser-gate thread? If a Pat's fan did that to Mahomes, there would be 100 pages on it already.

I’m from NYC so the site of a dude in a dress doesn’t really phase me

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Is the dynasty finally over? :huh:

No the division sucks... Miami just aimlessly spends on FA's with no plan or semblance of one, the Jets well they're the Jets eventually their defense will be stout again with no QB, The Bills look the most functional. In short they can sleep walk to 11 wins.. Losing Patricia is not a big deal at all to me just replaced by Schiano or whom ever with a healthy Hightower and whatever additions they make.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a ton of holes on defense. And I can't see them spending wildly in FA. Their draft picks haven't been panning out as well lately. They still have pieces on offense, but are going to need to re-sign a couple guys on the cheap. Which some of them will probably do because of the chance at a SB. Trading away Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones was really noticeable. They need to draft some studs like those guys again to have immediate success.

 

I think the dynasty is over if Belichick isn't the HC next season though. Curious to see if that happens. The Butler decision was strange. Almost like a struggle of power in the organization. Losing Jimmy G really hurts the Patriots long-term. They could have moved on from Brady to be set long-term instead of the potential short-term success with Brady.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Is the dynasty finally over? :huh:

Firm no as long as Brady remains under center.

 

Still blows my mind that Butler was benched for Rowe, who was downright abysmal in coverage.

 

 

Edited by FlashGordon401
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Nah. BB might leave but as long as they have Brady and play in the AFC East they will be contending again next year.

Odds Brady plays without BB, or a coach he already has a relationship with-? 

 

I always said without each other, because they are such unique individuals, that they would retire together.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dynasty is still not over when you factor in just how weak their division is. The Jets are in a rebuild, the Bills have no answer at QB and the Dolphins just don't have the personnel. I think BB and Brady will return. I see no incentive on BB not fulfilling his contract or the Pats somehow moving him for a top pick now that the Giants are out of the market for a HC.

 

The Butler thing does show a level of vulnerabity that the Pats have avoided. These moves rarely come back to bite them in the arse like this one did.

Edited by nonstopfan
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as Brady, Gronk and BB are back, they will be fine. The offensive won't lose any steam and I trust BB to fix the holes on defensive. Pitt and Jax are both solid but both flawed. Does anyone really see them or anyone else leapfrogging NE in the AFC ?  Pats will win the AFC and be a coin flip game in the Super Bowl. 

 

http://www.oddsshark.com/super-bowl/futures

Edited by fletch44
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I think they will become the Green Bay Packers of the AFC going forward...the question is whether Kraft+BB+Brady+Fans will be satisfied just collecting division titles.

What makes you say that just curious.. Jags have Bortles at QB ( and do not have the luxury of a Doug Pederson calling plays) , Steelers a talented team with an insane amount of mental lapses, Texans should be intriguing barring Watson stays healthy. The NFC on the other hand is loaded in retrospect with the Eagles, Rams, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Niners on the come up etc etc etc. I also trust BB to fix the holes also Hightower being injured was a devastating blow I don't trust the Steelers at all and certainly not Blake Bortles..

Edited by NyCro
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Nah. BB might leave but as long as they have Brady and play in the AFC East they will be contending again next year.

 

Hoodie looked like a different man in the post game interviews. He wasn't looking like his usuual stop asking me stupid questions let's get this time wasting press nonsense over with self.  He looked legitimately tired and almost relieved as if he was mentally done with it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

As long as Brady, Gronk and BB are back, they will be fine. The offensive won't lose any steam and I trust BB to fix the holes on defensive. Pitt and Jax are both solid but both flawed. Does anyone really see them or anyone else leapfrogging NE in the AFC ?  Pats will win the AFC and be a coin flip game in the Super Bowl. 

 

http://www.oddsshark.com/super-bowl/futures

 

 

I see Pitt fixing their defense and taking the Conference title.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NyCro said:

What makes you say that just curious.. Jags have Bortles at QB ( and do not have the luxury of a Doug Pederson calling plays) , Steelers a talented team with an insane amount of mental lapses, Texans should be intriguing barring Watson stays healthy. The NFC on the other hand is loaded in retrospect with the Eagles, Rams, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Niners on the come up etc etc etc.

The core of coaches leaving, poor cap space, age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The core of coaches leaving, poor cap space, age.

Matt Patricia switched with Schiano or whom ever I see a minimal impact, return of Hightower and who ever they draft on the defensive side of the ball.. I actually think he will flame out as a HC.

Edited by NyCro
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The core of coaches leaving, poor cap space, age.

What kind of competition do they have in the AFC right now though? They had a cakewalk through the playoffs. The Titans are a joke. The Jags aren't a legitimate threat until they upgrade QB. Steelers always seem to shoot themselves in the foot in the playoffs lately. Perhaps everything would have been different if the Steelers won over the Patriots and the refs properly didn't overturn that Jesse James catch. I just don't think there is a lot of competition in the playoffs in the AFC right now.

 

Raiders with Gruden make a comeback?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Odds Brady plays without BB, or a coach he already has a relationship with-? 

 

I always said without each other, because they are such unique individuals, that they would retire together.

 

If BB leaves I'd guess McDaniels takes over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, devaster said:

What kind of competition do they have in the AFC right now though? They had a cakewalk through the playoffs. The Titans are a joke. The Jags aren't a legitimate threat until they upgrade QB. Steelers always seem to shoot themselves in the foot in the playoffs lately. Perhaps everything would have been different if the Steelers won over the Patriots and the refs properly didn't overturn that Jesse James catch. I just don't think there is a lot of competition in the playoffs in the AFC right now.

 

Raiders with Gruden make a comeback?

 

Texans could make noise and i think if say Cousins lands in Denver that could give them a boost to compete.  Steelers, Raiders and even the Titans IMO all could be a solid competition as well.  Not sure what the Chiefs will have with Mahomes in year one but they have a pretty talented roster as well. EDIT:  Got to think the Chargers could be good in 18' as well if they keep building off their 17' run.

Edited by BlakeP42
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlakeP42 said:

 

Wont he be in INDY?

 

There is a report he isn't taking the job.

 

It feels like something big is going to happen, but it is all speculation at this point.

 

FWIW Vegas made Pats early SB favorites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I see Pitt fixing their defense and taking the Conference title.

 

Jax and Houston scare me more than Pittsburgh. Pitt has had plenty of opportunities to fix their problems and they never get over the hump. Their problems seem more mental and those usually don't just go away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

 

There is a report he isn't taking the job.

 

It feels like something big is going to happen, but it is all speculation at this point.

 

FWIW Vegas made Pats early SB favorites. 

oh i see.  I thought i was just reading this morning he was still in line for that job in INDY so i guess they are jumping the gun.    If I'm McDaniels, I'm taking that INDY job with the hope that Luck is going to return.  I wouldn't want to be in that BB/Brady shadow once that story book ends if I'm McDaniels, IMO

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

I see Pitt fixing their defense and taking the Conference title.

 

They have had years to do that. Pitt is what they are at this point, and that is the Pat's bitch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They will dominate the 3 turds in their division. That's 6 wins. Worst case, 5-1. They will win the division and get a shot at home field for the playoffs. The rest of the AFC is full of no balls and stupid coaches so they will be a favorite to make it back. Tomlin is stupid. Marone is gutless, Harbaugh is a moron. Every other team is a ham and egger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Bill Belichick 2018 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...