NBC Sports Edge Forums

Caron Butler Appreciation Thread

James Caron Butler, better known as Caron Butler has officially announce his retirement from the National Basketball Association. Born on March 13, 1980, he was a perennial all star throughout his career making the all star team in back to back years of 2007 and 2008 and was one of if not the main reason that the 2011 Dallas Mavericks were able to win the NBA Championship over LeBron James and the Miami Heat as his stifling defense on LeBron cause him to average only 2 points in the fourth quarter of the finals. A scoring machine over his career, James Caron Butler would average 20 points per game in back to back years (2007, 2008) and even in his last year while average 10 minutes per game he was still able to effectively score at will averaging 3.7 points which if looking at per 36 mins is more than double digits points per game. A legend and a contention for the Hall of Fame, Caron Butler will be sorely missed by the fantasy world who he has helped win championships for. God speed and once again, the world will miss your game.

29 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

James Caron Butler, better known as Caron Butler has officially announce his retirement from the National Basketball Association. Born on March 13, 1980, he was a perennial all star throughout his career making the all star team in back to back years of 2007 and 2008 and was one of if not the main reason that the 2011 Dallas Mavericks were able to win the NBA Championship over LeBron James and the Miami Heat as his stifling defense on LeBron cause him to average only 2 points in the fourth quarter of the finals. A scoring machine over his career, James Caron Butler would average 20 points per game in back to back years (2007, 2008) and even in his last year while average 10 minutes per game he was still able to effectively score at will averaging 3.7 points which if looking at per 36 mins is more than double digits points per game. A legend and a contention for the Hall of Fame, Caron Butler will be sorely missed by the fantasy world who he has helped win championships for. God speed and once again, the world will miss your game.

I love Caron from Uconn but this is a little over the top lol... Perennial All Star? he made it twice as you mentioned. how long was his careeer?

contention for Hall of Fame? um, no lol....

13 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

I love Caron from Uconn but this is a little over the top lol... Perennial All Star? he made it twice as you mentioned. how long was his careeer?

contention for Hall of Fame? um, no lol....

Haha you took the words out of my mouth, was about to say either someone needs to google "perennial" or Caron Butler has a RW Forum account under the name JohnnyAppleBot!!

I just wanted to share a story my buddy told me who went to watch Caron Butler play in high school. It was a playoff game and Caron's team (Racine Park) was up 20 or so with about 4 min left in the game. Caron proceeded to absolutely s*** on somebody's head with an unreal jam and sprint to the scorer's table where he stood up and posed for like 30 seconds while the game proceeded to commence. He then hopped off the table and ran to the locker room. Legendary. Can't wait to see his biography directed by Mark Wahlberg.

One thing I will say though is that his fantasy game was really bizarre, one of a kind. I can't remember another player (without injury) who went from being ranked 192, to 5th overall, back to 137 (and never again below this) in the span of 6 years!!

http://history.basketballmonster.com/Player/Details/2142?name=Caron_Butler. Over his career he ranked 80, 192, 55, 40, 5, 31, 80, 137, 158, 166, 144, 263, 359. The guy had range, that's for sure.  

1 hour ago, krupocin said:

One thing I will say though is that his fantasy game was really bizarre, one of a kind. I can't remember another player (without injury) who went from being ranked 192, to 5th overall, back to 137 (and never again below this) in the span of 6 years!!

http://history.basketballmonster.com/Player/Details/2142?name=Caron_Butler. Over his career he ranked 80, 192, 55, 40, 5, 31, 80, 137, 158, 166, 144, 263, 359. The guy had range, that's for sure.  

This is so true! I even remember his time with the Lakers and then settling with the Wizards. The Dallas years and after dont really count for me.  On a different note, I hope he spends his post-retirement working to perfect his on-camera presentation, which is very unpolished in its infancy.