NBC Sports Edge Forums

Alshon Jeffery 2018 Outlook

dashoe

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

What is the expectation for this guy once he's back healthy? WR2?

He'll likely get the second most targeted Eagle receiver slightly behind Ertz (and no one notable after Agholor), with a big role in the endzone. So yeah I think WR 2 is fair. 

On 2/24/2018 at 8:57 AM, South Carolina said:

Stop! There is nothing to see here. He was the same player before and after his new Eagles contract. Perhaps he's in a place where he actually enjoys his teamates, ownership, fans & the City that he's playing for. Ever consider that? No offense to Chicago but it wasn't the greatest situation to be in as a player. You'd be miserable to if you had to play for that organization.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:13 AM, psygolf said:

I won't debate the "miserable life" of a pro athlete in a town like Chicago.   But I will be watching his dnp weeks  in '18

Image result for tootsie roll owl gif

4 minutes ago, rookieqb1000 said:

People see Jeffrey as the man over Nelson going forward (once he is back)? Just wary how many targets he gets if Nelson continues to breakout. As an owner of both. 

5.5 yards per target is not good or breaking out. It’s being fed volume on a team without any other wr options. Alshon will be fine as the man at wr if/when healthy. 

I think WR2 for Jeffrey should he return healthy.  I hope they don't rush him back either.  Healthy and with Wentz he should be a 10-12 ppg guy at this floor, with the upside of going 12-15 ppg if lightning strikes.  My guess is somewhere around 12 ppg is what we should expect (.5 ppr).

Archived