NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

On 11/17/2018 at 10:30 AM, jtbgator said:

He will come back strong week 12. He's had 27 days to get well. We will be rewarded.

I also think he comes back strong. He's well rested and with defenses having to worry about Gordon, Edelman, James White, etc. he may be feasting the rest of the season. Good luck to all Gronk owners the rest of the way.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best question you can possibly ask yourself. In any given draft scenario or strategy discussion, this is the question you should be asking yourself, and only you can decide what's bes

225 Fantasy points in 13 games.  He was averaging 17.3 Points Per Game. 4 WRs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  AB, Hop, OBJ, and K.Allen. 8 RBs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  Gurley, Bell, Zeke, Kamar

2 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I got kettle and gronk and starting gronk has burned me when Kettle gets 10-20 consistent points a week. So i would say Kettle is above him right now too.

On the same boat. Def gotta go with Kittle but don’t be surprised if Gronk kills it down the stretch. His numbers during the fantasy playoffs last year were god tier though - hopefully we get similar numbers this year. All that rest should’ve worked wonders for him. 

29 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

On the same boat. Def gotta go with Kittle but don’t be surprised if Gronk kills it down the stretch. His numbers during the fantasy playoffs last year were god tier though - hopefully we get similar numbers this year. All that rest should’ve worked wonders for him. 

Yes. Until he shows me something then he belongs on the bench unless you got TE's outside of those top 3. The problem i have is more with the Patriots and how they changed over the years. Gronk use to be brady's most reliable target. Nowadays...not so much. They either spread it around or just run out the clock with running game. I bet during playoff times when they play against top teams...gronk is going have gronk type of game. But week to week depending on oppnents, they just got more options now to spread it.

5 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

I respectfully disagree. I've had OJ Howard and been playing him over Gronk in my 10 man, PPR league.

And now OJ is hurt. I have both OJ and Gronk. If Gronk is active I'm playing him. He's had a ton of time to rest.

I'll probably have to grab one of Brate or Herndon if Bill B. plays games right off the bat Wednesday with a BS "limited" tag.

On 11/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, cs3 said:

So basically you're saying that the sound idea is: "all you have to do is draft the guy that will have a huge points advantage over every other player as his position!"

Wow thanks for the insight!

Unfortunately you have to be able to correctly identify the right players as well.

Use some context - I was obviously talking about the idea of drafting a tight end in the second round, which is a controversial choice. The sound idea is that the top tight ends will have a larger points advantage over the average player at their position relative to other positions. And that was true this year. Obviously, you also need to correctly identify who those players are - but the post I quoted was trashing the idea of drafting any tight end in the second round, period. And the top tight ends this year have easily been worth second round value. 

32 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Any doubts that he’s limited this week even if he does play?

my only worry is they go up big early and rest him. i dont think he will be limited at all he has had a long time to get healthy 

7 hours ago, affliction said:

my only worry is they go up big early and rest him. i dont think he will be limited at all he has had a long time to get healthy 

Traded for OJ Howard to cover Gronk. Now he's out.

Just want to see him healthy, moving around without issue, and giving me a few points. 

Pats need to get their act together on offense. I don't see them taking their foot off the gas unless it's a ridiculous laugher. And if that's the case, maybe Gronk finally got back in the endzone.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Any doubts that he’s limited this week even if he does play?

nope, he has had 2 weeks to rest, he should be good to go, if he is playing he should be started

7 hours ago, affliction said:

yeah, but if they go up big early i'm leaning toward Gronk having something to do with it

12 hours ago, brosephd said:

wonder where gronk goes in next year drafts if he doesnt retire. seeing kelce and ertz kill it this year sucks. 

Personally I won't touch him next year but someone will always reach because of his name. Anyone picking him before the 6th is crazy 

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am betting BB took -no days off- during the BYE week. He needs to get this offense back on track, and Gronk is gonna be a huge part of that.

Yup. And people are acting as if Gronk is toast. For as disappointing as Gronk has been, he has a 75  yard game, a 97  yard game and a 123 yard game this year (in just 7 games). How many tight ends have done that? Kelce/Ertz/Kittle...maybe Cook has had a couple of fluke games. 

For those that were able to survive without Gronk the last couple of weeks, i think the rest will really help all of us for the playoff run. Gronk should be healthy and hopefully ready to the next 5 weeks. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Yup. And people are acting as if Gronk is toast. For as disappointing as Gronk has been, he has a 75  yard game, a 97  yard game and a 123 yard game this year (in just 7 games). How many tight ends have done that? Kelce/Ertz/Kittle...maybe Cook has had a couple of fluke games. 

For those that were able to survive without Gronk the last couple of weeks, i think the rest will really help all of us for the playoff run. Gronk should be healthy and hopefully ready to the next 5 weeks. 

For fantasy purposes Gronk has been toast outside of the 1st game of the season and 1 drive against the Chiefs.

13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Wishful thinking. 

3 back surgeries and whatever else he's injured is way too much. Running on empty.

33 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

C'mon man, you are fooling yourself if you think Gronk had been anything less than as you say "toast" this year.  He doesn't look the same out there.  You're pulling a Matthew Berry by already having your agenda and looking for something, anything you can to fit it!  We all hope the rest has done him well and he can give us all one last hurrah to finish out the season, but so far he's been a BIG time major bust!!!

10 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

C'mon man, you are fooling yourself if you think Gronk had been anything less than as you say "toast" this year.  He doesn't look the same out there.  You're pulling a Matthew Berry by already having your agenda and looking for something, anything you can to fit it!  We all hope the rest has done him well and he can give us all one last hurrah to finish out the season, but so far he's been a BIG time major bust!!!

I'm not arguing with you about his production so far this year. It's been a fantasy killer. 

I didn't draft him (I never target TEs early) but I recently traded for him and hoping that the rest will help him put up big numbers the rest of the way. If you believe, like I do, that his fall off in production was health related than there is a good chance that taking a month off will do the trick.

• Like 2