NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rob Gronkowski 2018 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

5 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Did anyone else think he looked slow and hobbled? That’s concerning m, but him playing all but 1 snap in an easy win tells me his health is much improved after a month off 

He looked slower before his time off. He isn't Kelce we have to accept him for what he is now. A big lumbering target for Brady that will have to use his size to create separation. He also needs nice ball placement from Brady but at times he has looked off this year. 

Edited by affliction
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the best question you can possibly ask yourself. In any given draft scenario or strategy discussion, this is the question you should be asking yourself, and only you can decide what's bes

225 Fantasy points in 13 games.  He was averaging 17.3 Points Per Game. 4 WRs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  AB, Hop, OBJ, and K.Allen. 8 RBs had higher than 17.3 PPG.  Gurley, Bell, Zeke, Kamar

I'm done with him. Gave it one week after his blowup and he does that. One of the top busts of the year considering where he was drafted. Thankfully I also drafted Kittle. Going back to Kittle for the entire playoffs. Those weeks of Gronk putting up 100 yards and 2 TD's are gone. This guy used to be a lock for double digit TD's every season.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:40 PM, Week16 said:

If you are in Dynasty you should buy low on this guy right now. 95% chance he plays next year when Brady is back.

Sarcasm? I mean if you can get him for peanuts from someone who's completely given up on him, I guess it's not the worst possible risk because of Gronk's upside and the thin TE position, but still, he doesn't seem to have much left in the tank.

5 minutes ago, atdharris said:

He's tough to trust. It's hard to bench him because he has the ability to blow up, but tough to start him given his numbers. I have him and Jared Cook and I feel like I can't trust either of them.

Hard to trust? He's a TE. I mean based on where he was drafted he's a disappointment, but he's basically like every other TE out there not named Ertz, Kelce, or Kittle.

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Hard to trust? He's a TE. I mean based on where he was drafted he's a disappointment, but he's basically like every other TE out there not named Ertz, Kelce, or Kittle.

Add Ebron to this list.

Sad story bro: I once owned Kittle and Ebron and now own Gronk :(

24 minutes ago, devaster said:

Gronk cleared from injury report this week. Not falling for that again.

He may not have an injury but he will be hurt and far below 100% for the rest of his life after all the punishment he has taken.

Edited by MJJ28
1 minute ago, noles1983 said:

Yay, super excited for him to suit up and give me a 3/33/0 stat line. 

Pretty much the status quo for at least half the teams in any given league playing musical chairs at TE this season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, metalmat said:

Pretty much the status quo for at least half the teams in any given league playing musical chairs at TE this season.

True, but most of those other teams with TE's that have this same output didnt invest a 1st or 2nd round pick at TE.

Edited by noles1983
Just now, noles1983 said:

True, but mst of those other TE's that have this same output didnt invest a 1st or 2nd round pick at TE.

You are correct, Gronk has been a certified bust for where he was drafted this season but I would imagine that most teams with Gronk are kind of forced to start him, if he plays, unless they lucked into drafting Kittle/Ebron/Cook late.

• Like 1

I'll be happy with 5/50, just gimme 10 PPR points. TD would be gravy. FWIW, Miami has gotten thrashed by TE's this year. Don't quote me but I think they've given up the most (or close to) the most TD's to TE's this year.

21 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

I'll be happy with 5/50, just gimme 10 PPR points. TD would be gravy. FWIW, Miami has gotten thrashed by TE's this year. Don't quote me but I think they've given up the most (or close to) the most TD's to TE's this year.

Yeah they've been nailed by the TEs this year, esp with TDs--and by some pretty marginal TEs too! I remember that flash 1 week dude from DET had 2 against them-

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah they've been nailed by the TEs this year, esp with TDs--and by some pretty marginal TEs too! I remember that flash 1 week dude from DET had 2 against them-

Yep. Weeks 6-13, they've given up 6 TD's to TE's.

13 - vs Bills: Clay 1/9

12 - vs Colts: Ebron 5/45/2  Doyle 4/16/1

11 - bye

10 - vs GB: Graham 1/14  Marcedes Lewis 1/30  Kendricks 2/24

9 - vs NYJ: Herndon 4/62

8 - vs HOU: Jordan Thomas 4/29/2

7 - vs DET: Michael Roberts 3/48/2

6 - vs CHI: Burton 4/23/1

15 minutes ago, devaster said:

That doesn't really look like a defense getting thrashed by the TE position. Maybe it is just the state of TE's around the NFL and so many underperforming.

Did you see the number of TD's? Ebron Jordan Thomas and a guy I never heard of had  2 TD games

Edited by affliction