NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Correa, Blackmon, or Turner?

RotoMike95

Hey guys..in a 5x5 roto league, which player would you rather have over the next three seasons? I think Blackmon is the better bet this season, but can I rely on him for another two years? This is a keeper league that is starting up, and these are the three guys I think I will have a shot at with the 7th overall pick. What do you think? Drop a link and I WHIR! Thanks!

Thanks for the help on mine.

I would go with Correa. I think he has the upside to be a transcendent player who helps across the board. He has a lower floor than Turner because with the scarcity of speed, Turner will always have value, but I think the ceiling is higher and I expect him to reach that in the next year or two.

I would rather stay away from Blackmon (compared to the other two) with his age and possible decline in SB, as well as the possibility of leaving Coors. I don’t think he will leave, but when assessing long-term value, I take the situation out of it more. That being said, I’m sure keeping Blackmon would be fine, as those are three top caliber options. 

So this is the inaugural year for a keeper league in which you keep players 3 years max?

Obviously you take the best player available in the draft. You have no idea what will happen on draft day. What if Harper falls to 7? Betts? Goldy? If you start thinking about this now and make a decision out of these 3 players you will panic in the moment. If it was between these 3 players I'd rank them Turner, Correa, then Blackmon.

Blackmon 3rd based on his future inside coors field. You could get 1 year of elite production and then 2 years of 3-4 round value if he ends up in a pitchers park in 2019. Turner over Correa for the speed but it's close.

If I had to rank these three, I'd honestly go with Trea Turner first and then Correa. Turner has 20-60 potential with a good BA. Correa is a budding superstar, but I think Turner is a budding fantasy superstar. He was on a 150-game pace last year to hit 16 HR, steal 70 bases, and score more than 110 runs. I take that because a full season of this kid is utterly tantalizing. 

That said, if you chose Correa, I could blame you for that because I think he's going to have an insane floor. 

And thanks for help with mine.